Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on August 26, 2011
I downloaded this despite the 2.5 star rating & I now understand why it has such terrible reviews.

Some will tell you that the 1 star ratings are just people complaining to complain; that there's nothing wrong with this game. The truth is, this game feels UNRESPONSIVE & playing gets FRUSTRATING pretty quickly. There is NO CONSISTANT FRAME RATE & the game gets LAGGY. Bottom line.

The controls by themselves are just dumb. Don't bother using "Tap" controls, because you can easily find yourself tapping just outside of the directional quadrant & frantically tapping to right yourself before you die. The "Swipe" controls are better, but still not great. You have to take your time between swipes, or the frog will not jump when you tell it to.

Frogger: Pretty good arcade game, but horrible mobile game/app.

PASS!
0Comment| 407 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2013
This game does not respond like the other games I have on the same tablet. It just doesn't work very well
on March 9, 2013
it was so bad i deleted it,i couldnot get it to play in the middle of the screen and it was very small.This is the only app that i have bought and the last.I only paid .99 but it would be nice to have a refund.
on August 26, 2011
I was happy to see this classic as the free app, but even for a free app this sucks. The controls are bad, the game is slow, runs only in the portrait mode and add to that it malfunctions - even after I exited the game the background music kept going on and on...and I had to force close this. And why in the works does a game which had absolutely no need for GPS data need permissions to fine GPS access ??! Seedy, suspicious and badly made. STAY AWAY !!!
0Comment| 351 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2013
Unlike the other games you purchase for your kindle which fit the entire screen to play, this game only fills up the screen about the size of a iphone which makes it even harder to play as the screen is very small. Plus its not as much fun as when we were younger and tried to challenge ourselves now its much easier

SAVE YOUR MONEY BUY ANOTHER GAME!!!!
Frogger is a terrific arcade game, without a doubt. It was such a blast, that, like some other great hits, have been ported from system to system (Although not as often as..say....Pac-Man). And now we see Frogger sitting right here on our phones. Is this the same classic we've come to recognize? Answer: No.

There are two graphics styles in this game: The original or a modernized look. I really wouldn't have minded this if it wasn't for the fact that this isn't the original Frogger. That's right: You're playing a remake (even with the classic graphics) with icky music, a frog that doesn't hop until after you swipe across the screen, and the game crashes during your progress. No matter what graphic style you choose, you get the same results for everything else. Skip this and get yourself Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition.
on August 30, 2011
Gameplay on this version is pretty clunky. Neither the slide nor the tap interface give you good control over your little frog. There's a lot of annoying, random deaths.

Worse than that are the sound bugs. I would turn off the sound and when I opened the game again there would be sound, even though the sound option still said off. I had to turn sound on and then off again. Then the sound got into some kind of loop and was still playing after I closed the game. I had to force close the app to get it to stop.

Uninstalled the app last night. I would have been upset if it were something I paid for.
on December 28, 2011
I would have rated this game a zero if it had let me. I actually paid for the app and it doesn't even work on my kindle fire.
0Comment| 205 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2013
I purchased this app for my kids. This app doesn't work well. First of all, it is hard
to start a new game. Then once in a while we have a glitch and the game just shuts
down. Also, the actual game is hard to see once you're able to open it - is there a
way to make it bigger on the screen? I am not happy with this game, therefore
the 2 stars rating. I would not recommend for Kindle Fire HD users.
on March 26, 2013
I was in love with this game as a kid,and was so happy to find it again. Even though it was 99 cents, I couldn't pass it up. However, I made the mistake of not reading the reviews first. Awful investment, to say the least.

The game itself worked pretty well for me. The frog jumped on time, and where I told it to go, but the controls WERE awful. Don't even consider using the tap control, the joystick is really complicated, and the swipe is the best of the three, yet still horrible.

The app was terrible. It crashed ALL the time, and I only got the chance to play 2 full games because it kept crashing. My point is...don't buy this app unless you want to deal with the flaws. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but this app is just bad.