5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek design with great light output, March 10, 2013
Former Guru (Albuquerque, NM previously Houston, Tx) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Koncept AR3000-C-SIL-DSK Z-Bar LED Desk Lamp, Cool Light, Silver (Misc.)
This desk lamp is a bit expensive, but worth it. The design allows me to position the light where I want and need it on my desk. My previous lamp was halogen, and it had two problems: (1) it got very hot, which is characteristic of halogen, and (2) the switch failed after a few years. This lamp uses LEDs, which generate almost no heat, and has a touch switch, which I am hopeful will not fail for a long time. My only complaints are that while the base of the lamp must be "heavy" to serve as a counterweight for the z-bar arm, it is 9 inches in diameter. Would be nice if it were a bit thicker, but smaller diameter. Second, there is no tension adjustment on the joints in the arms, so when you move the arms, you have to hold the base with your other hand. I would like to have had the ability to adjust the amount of tension in the arm joints. Overall, though, a great desklamp.

5.0 out of 5 stars The desk light you always wished you owned!, January 3, 2013
I bought this light based on a situation in which I had little available desk real-estate and am so thankful I did. I realize the light is rather expensive but in the reality of life, you get what you pay for and this is the Mercedes Benz of desk lamps. One thing that I have realized through sure dumb luck is that this light will help light your area in a way that makes you more visible on your web cams. Ever had low light situations in which you struggle to get your silhouette to appear correctly on a webcam? Well with this light, you can infinitely adjust the lighting condition on yourself , without blinding you, and be able to produce a very good webcam video, such as I do for live feed sermons on Ustream, etc.!!! It's the bomb! Hands down the best light I have ever owned and constructed like a tank with aircraft quality assembly or a Mercedes Benz quality if you wish....LOL
If you have the $$$ to purchase this light then go ahead and treat yourself like I did. You won't be disappointed!
Rev. Randy

5.0 out of 5 stars You pay for what you get!, January 8, 2014
This has to be the best light on the market! The price is high but you get what you pay for... EXCEPT!!! For the cost of this light it should come with the clamp mount thats 20 some dollars more, that turned out to be a necessary addition for my desk. The base of this AR3000-C is 9" wide and just took up way to much room.

All in all... The lighting it gives off is perfect for me because like most, I have to wear glasses. It allows you to adjust it in so many ways that it completely lights up my whole desk without any glare in my eyes or on my screen that normally would effect my vision. No matter what I'm working on, the Z-Bar is perfect...

I highly recommend this to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great With Computer, June 12, 2014
Working on my computer in a dim light setting is great except when I needed light to read on paper. This lamp was the perfect solution.
- Thin.
- Smooth finger-touch movement.
- Precision brightness adjustment.

Yes it's expensive; but worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELENT LAMP, February 18, 2014
We have had one like this one for about 4 years and love it. We use it every day of the year.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2x brighter than previous Z-bar, November 15, 2013
Great lamp. I had the Z-bar from three years ago and this lamp is at least 2x brighter. What's nice is the clamp accessory from the older Z-bar also fits this Z-bar.

Rate and Discover Movies