Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 17, 2009
I am a careful buyer and I do read all reviews before I buy. While most other lamps had many negative sides such "too bright, too weak, not robust, too hot.. etc," this lamp reviews had all good stuffs.

My desk is silverish glass desk, and I chose this color to matches with the color of my desk.

I worried that this would be weak because it looked too thin but all knobs are strong to hold lamps.

Another thing I worried was the glare from glass. However, the problem is solved with its infinite angles you can form. This gives you like maximum adjustability. Since I have glass L desk, I just put it on corner space and let it rotate whenever I use different desk.

The coolest thing is that it makes you feel like you are under the sun. It does simulate like sunlight. No eyestrain from it.

I see many negative reviews of halogen lamp about hotness. This LED lamp doesn't get as hot as halogen that you can't touch. It does warm a bit but that's pretty much it.

Unlike fluorescent light, no flickering in the beginning.

As for life of the light , I don't know but the product promises 40K hours. I heard this also saves a lot of energy. Good for our environment as well.

The only downside is it is pricey but definitely money worth.

Anyway, I love its sleek and ergonomic design, robustly built and so far my eyes don't get tired like before. I recommend this to all and don't forget your eyes are important.

Edit 7/28/2011: It is still great lamp. For two years I studied under it constantly every night and it is running perfectly. If you have Macbook Pro or Apple unibody aluminum computers, the color also perfectly matches.
on July 30, 2010
The lamp is very well packed. Assembly is very simple and one can appreciate the precision with which this lamp is made. The design is very elegant and modern and allows for almost umlimited positioning. The 4 position dimmer is a very nice feature that allows both highly functional lighting for working and reading and softer settings for ambience and to ramp up the light gradually in a dark room. The LEDs are much cooler than halogens. With an estimated life span of 40,000 hours or over 10 years of 8 hour days, I don't expect the current lack of replacement bulbs to be an issue. I have both the daylight white and warm white light versions. The daylight white is brighter and I found it slightly preferable for working and reading. The warm white is pleasant and softer. A good general purpose lamp for around the house.
on March 9, 2012
I purchased this lamp to replace a halogen desk light. Wow, I couldn't be happier! The light it puts out is amazing, and it can be adjusted multiple ways to prevent glare on my computer screen. The LED bulbs are recessed in the bar, so unless you point it directly at you eyes, you can't tell the light is coming from the bar, very cool! You can adjust the Z bar multiple ways, and the LED lamp bar also twists to change the angle. It has 4 power level adjustments, at maximum, it's way brighter than the halogen I had before. My previous halogen light generated so much heat, you could heat a small house, this one runs very cool. The lamp looks very modern too, the coolness factor alone is reason enough to buy it!

The light has a pleasant tone, not that harsh bluish light some LED's emit. All components are sturdy and of quality construction. Yes it's pricey, but I guess you get what you pay for some times. My only worry, what happens if the LED's burn out. I think replacing the light bar would cost as much as a new lamp, but then LED's are supposed to last a very long time.
on September 14, 2011
While more expensive than I expected to pay for a lamp, this lamp is very stylish and infinitely adaptable to fit my working environment. As a studio artist, I appreciate the color temperature and the variable amount of light that can be elegantly focused wherever it is needed - Sometimes toward the wall or ceiling to create ambient lighting. So minimal that I hardly notice it yet beautifully elegant when I do. I am pleased and want to buy another!

The weighted round base works well for me, but it also came with an optional clamp base for greater versatility of placement. Probably not a lamp for kids - it is sturdier than it looks but isn't made for rough handling. Delivered very well packed and protected.
on July 11, 2010
Great looks. Great light for as long as it works. Once the led quits you've got a very odd shaped garbage bag because that's the only place to put it. NO REPLACEMENT PARTS AVAILABLE!
on March 3, 2012
1. Brilliant lamp
2. Excellent lighting
3. Very natural & comfortable for exhausted eyes.
4. Low energy consumption.
5. Attractive design.
6. Cant adjusted it to the possession you want 100%, specially if you fix it on the table edge.
7. The on/off botton is in far position.
8. Very heavy base but stable on the table.
9. Unique, but expensive.
10. Free LED is crap !!
on March 28, 2013
Although a little pricey, this lamp is great for its brightness levels, ability to position where you wish it, and very little power use
on March 4, 2014
I have had mine for over a year now and no issue with LEDs burning out. Love this lamp. Pricey but cool