Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games

I've been using this flash unit with Minolta Dimage 7i and I'm absolutly satisfied.
- This flash is really powerful. The guide number is 185 (feet), it means under the most conditions your can easily shoot for 60 feet in the complete darkness. And it is probably even more important, that it is powerful enough for any kinds of bounce lights.
- Complete integration with the camera. In most cases you don't need to touch any controls on the flash. It automatically adjusts zoom and power level when you change settings on the camera.
- Wireless control. You can disconect the flash and install it somewhere or simply hold it in your hand and without any cables it can communicate with the camera. So you can use your integrated camera flash and this external unit to do some nice fill-ins.
- TTL metering. The flash makes a pre shot to let TTL system figure out what is the best exposure and power level and adjust the camera and the flash before the main shot. Very usefull when you do any bounces or use multiple flashes.
- Very fast! Because it's so powerful even if you set the flash at 1/8 of it's max power, it's still enough light for most scenes. But in this case the flash is ready for the next shot almost immediatly and you don't have to wait till it gets recharged. So far it could keep up with my camera in all situations.
So the flash is really great. The only problem is this is s Minolta proprietary stantard and you have to make sure your camera can utilize all these features.
on October 13, 2005
This flash is not particularly cheap, but its dedication to the minolta cameras makes flash and camera work very efficiently and smoothly. Automatic control of the flash zoom, the usual control of flash intensity (TTL), but also highly reliable metering accuracy in dark conditions through flash metering(ADI), remote flash photography with wireless high-speed synchro autofocus.

Flash head rotates horizontally and vertically (also down for macro). It covers from 24mm to 85mm focal lengths and extends to 17mm focal length with the included wide-angle adapter. This flash is powerful (guide number of 184' (56 meters) at 85mm and ISO 100) which is really useful for outdoors pictures (buildings, etc). Maximum distance of efficiency of the flash for a 85mm focal length will indeed be much less at wide angle and will also be less with moderately fast zooms!

The flash also has cool features like strobe functions, useful not only to control light modeling of the subject in studio conditions, but also to locate your subject in total darkness, like in caves!

Bottom line: if you really want to see the difference with your weak built-in flash and can afford the price difference, this is the flash for you!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I own Minolta DiMAGE 7i and I've found this is the most usefull accessory I have. It's amazing how this flash can improve your camera functionality. Really high (>180) guide number, virtually no limit on sync shutter speed (1/12000 sec!), fully supported TTL metering. Plus because it uses wireless channel to communicate with your camera, it very easy to point fill-in light. Just hold the flash in your hand or ask someone for help and no need to worry about cables or settings - TTL and wireless make your job really easy. Actually I can't name anything I don't like.
There is just one issue. It's proprietary, so it's really nice on compatible Minolta cameras and it's really ugly on everything else.
on May 22, 2007
I was very pleased and satisfied with the results of ordering this flash unit from this supplier. He was prompt in shipping the product, and I received the product brand new in a box in perfect working order. I was happy to be able to get this flash unit because Minolta quit making camera equipment over a year ago. New Minolta camera products have become scarce yet this supplier had it in stock and shipped it to me without delay. This supplier has proven to me that he is very reliable.
on June 10, 2002
If your camera is compatable with this unit, it is the best and most easily used. You will get the most benefit. It has a bunch of bells and whistles but most of them can be set up automatically. Off Camera remote with some cameras like my Minolta Dimage 7i. I have the older 280 and 4000AF units to use with my 7000 series and they are still working after 15-20 years. Hope to have the same results with the 5600HS. You camera was an investment, invest in the best flash for it.
on January 29, 2015
as good as the ones I previously own. Works very well. love the additional flash accessories included

See 1 answered question