5.0 out of 5 stars so far so good
Installed and so far (may 15) no deer or rabbits. I also installed a motion sensor with two lights so when the deer get near wierd noises are emitted and lights go on. My next strategy is to add a radio that goes on when motion is detected. No self respecting deer could handle wierd noises, lights and country music.
Published on May 16, 2009 by J. Schiltz

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but beware of problems
Published on May 20, 2010 by wldflowers

5.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, May 16, 2009

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but beware of problems, May 20, 2010
This review is from: Electronic Yard Fence (Misc.)
I bought this to keep free-roaming cats out of my garden. My son can hear the high-frequency sirening sound and it makes him run from the yard, fast. Since I put this in the garden a month ago, I have noticed no new cat scat. I think it does work. However, the device is sort of strange. The power is 220, and the narrow plastic enclosure for the 220 outlet does not permit any of my 120 adapters to fit into it. The manual says that there is a UL power port and there is a UL adapter with a long cord that comes with it. But there is no UL port anywhere at all, so you have to use the two 9v batteries instead. I decided to keep it since it seems to work ok on batteries. But then, the wire connectors to the batteries are so short, you have to wrestle the batteries in with more strength than my hands have. It was a husband-please job, then sustain the swearing. Oddly the manual proudly explains and shows the UL adapter with photos, but the photos do not match the device. So user - beware. If you're ok with using batteries and fighting the thing to get them attached, then this electronic fence seems to work well. On battery power, the siren sound is loud, screeching and unbearable, according to my son. The motion detector is good. It is not bothering the crow who comes around, but I'm seeing fewer songbirds in my garden now in the spring, when it is normally crowded with birds. If you have fruit trees, that's a good thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Item, October 26, 2010
This review is from: Electronic Yard Fence (Misc.)
Ended up having an unwanted dog in the neighborhood depositing his "calling card" on our property. Researched similar items and decided to try this one. We were so happy to find out how well this product worked. The item reached farther than described. We would recommend this product to everyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars electronic fence not suitable for busy street, June 21, 2010
eokumon (oakland, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Electronic Yard Fence (Misc.)
This device sounded everytime a car, person, or animal passed by, that was every few minutes or seconds on my busy street. Therefore, I could not use this electronic fence to discourage the many dogs and their owners from using my front yard for a public toilet.

Instead, I tried kindness to encourage dog owners to go elsewhere to let their dogs poop. I smiled and spoke to everyone who passed by. It seems to be working, at least to discourage pooping but not urinating. Dog owners don't seem to know that urine makes grass brown.

Unfortunatley, I could not return the device for a refund because I did not do so in the alloted time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Electronic yard fence, June 5, 2014
This review is from: Electronic Yard Fence (Misc.)
Did not work ...also made with screws that rust and battery compartment not weather proof ....would not recommend this item!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Q, May 23, 2013
This review is from: Electronic Yard Fence (Misc.)
I wrote this review for the battery-only model (CD01), but I'll copy it here also:
Don't be fooled by the name. Can't comment on cats and dogs, but this works really well to keep deer away. I purchased this item last year because I was tired of seeing deer use my garden as a buffet. I read several item descriptions for this and other products. Of the three "ultrasound animal repellents" that I purchased, this by far works the best. I have it pointing away from the house, along the drive and protects my garden containing hostas. Prior to installing this, these hostas would start to come out of the ground and be gobbled up. All last season, this area of the yard was deer free, they learned to stay away, or at least outside of the zone that activates it.
I barely hear it, just a faint click when it turns on or off, I see the red light come on when it's on, and I can just barely hear a high-pitched squeal, while my kids say they hear it ok. Must be a sign I'm getting old.
2 complaints: first is battery life, just doesn't last long, but maybe that's a function of where I have it set up, and it goes off often. Instead I now use the included power cord, problem solved. Second, when I went to set it up this season, the power switch on the side was very finicky, I had to fiddle with it to get the switch in the on position. But now that it's on, and I don't touch it, it's been flawless for the last month. I check it often to see if it turns on, and use a frequency app on my iPad for visual confirmation. I dare not touch it and activate the test button on the front of the item for fear that the power switch will turn off.
I need a couple more and will definately get these, and motion activated sprinklers, but that's another story because those things work great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy, November 2, 2011
This review is from: Electronic Yard Fence (Misc.)
Waste of money and time. Item does not work our dog actually carries thing around and plays with it. Do not buy

2.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, July 31, 2011
This review is from: Electronic Yard Fence (Misc.)
This product does not work; tried to keep cats from leaving their calling cards in my yard, but they laugh at this thing!
Phoenix,AZ

1.0 out of 5 stars Good idea bad construction, January 17, 2011
This review is from: Electronic Yard Fence (Misc.)
Actually the product worked great and kept the raccoons away. I was having chronic problems with the raccoons tearing up my lawn and planter. After some significant rain the small screws closing the back casing rusted badly. When I needed to replace the batteries the small screws were all rusted and easily stripped even with proper tools. It was impossible to remove short of just breaking off the back completely! I tried everything with no success. Essentially, I was unable to replace the batteries. Had to trash it.

If indeed you do purchase....go to your local home store and buy GOOD quality screws to assembly the back.

Electronic Yard Fence