4.0 out of 5 stars handy desk size cooler
I needed to upgrade from the smaller 6 can cooler as the smaller fridge did not hold 1/2 liter water bottles. this is larger, not quite as cute but does take the larger bottles and cools well.
Published on April 6, 2010 by Peter E. Safir

2.0 out of 5 stars Revised: Junk. But perfect size for work, cute, and quiet
Revised 11/29/10: I've owned this fridge only two months and took careful care of it, but it's already broken. The fan bearings went out (and now it will run but with this horrible loud noise). I can't return it, and it's going to cost me half the purchase price to fix it. Not sure it's worth it. Buyer beware. This thing is cute but flimsy and not built to last...
Published on September 28, 2010 by msyoga

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars 90 Warranty, worked for 5 months, September 12, 2011
Teresa (Everett, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Koolatron KWCXJ6 Coca-Cola 9-Can-Capacity Mini Fridge, Red (Kitchen)
While my unit worked, the temperature was very inconsistent. Sometimes it was barely above room temperature, other times things were ice cold. And then it would just stop working but if I turned it off for a while it would turn back on later. Now, not even 5 months after buying it, it's totally dead. If you buy this, some things to know:

1. BUY AN EXTENDED WARRANTY - YOU WILL NEED IT!
2. The "shelf" they reference is a tiny pocket in the door, not a shelf by any means. There isn't much that fits in there. It's about an inch or less deep and not as wide as the door.
3. The power cord is the weirdest thing I've ever seen. It's a DC (car) power cable, with an AC adapter, so you plug the AC in to the wall, plug the DC part into the fridge, then hook the two together. Kind of neat except that there is nothing holding the two together. If anything tugs on the cord at all, the point where the DC plugs into the AC just pulls apart - very easily.
4. I don't know if this is the case for all of them, but on mine the Cold and Hot are reversed. I had to switch it to Hot and have the red light on for it to be cold.
5. Condensation is a definite issue. You will want to mop the fridge out regularly, but this is the case for any tiny refrigerator, not just this one. Coolers don't have this problem, the little refrigerators do.
6. It can get loud. I had mine on the headboard to keep medication and beverages in. We have a window a/c unit running at all times and sometimes this fridge got too loud even over the sound of the a/c.

I definitely wouldn't waste my money on this again. Fortunately I got the extended warranty so I at least get two goes at it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Update: Once Great, Now Garbage, March 3, 2011
Revised: 4/20/11 I had high hopes for this mini-fridge, but no such luck. I plugged it in for the first time to use it at work on March 7th, I turned it off everyday when I was ready to leave work. It ran Monday - Thursday, from 7 am - 5 pm, so if I count the days I was at work & not out sick, the fridge ran a grand total of drumroll please..... 24 Days!
Now, don't get me wrong, it still runs, but with the roar of a jet engine under my desk, not exactly discreet. I am mechanically inclined, so I will be taking it home, dismantling it, & I'll either grease or change out the fan motor bearings if possible. I will update again to show the outcome. Bummer.

Original: 3/3/11 I received my little red retro cooler in 2 days & this thing is adorable. I love all things retro & this definitely fits the retro vibe. I am NOT a Coca-Cola fan, so the tiny little emblem on the top-front area of this cool cube is a mild annoyance to me; I'll end up slapping a sticker over it I'm sure. If you are a Coca-Cola fan, you will be disappointed in the size of the marking; it is only slightly bigger than a quarter. It would be awesome in fun retro colors, but alas, it is only offered in red.
I plugged it in upon unpacking & it got cold fast! I didn't try the heat since I have no interest in the heat option. I bought this for my work cubicle, I figured it would be quite & small enough to conceal from nosey neighbors with prying eyes. I smuggled it in, placed it under my desk, & let her rip. It is whisper quiet & very easily hidden; I've been enjoying refreshing super cold Pepsi products (sacrilege?) ever since! I can't speak for how long it will last, but I will update the review later on down the road. As a note: I will be turning it off & opening the door every day before I go home, I believe this will help make the fan motor last longer, but only time will tell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect for me, November 4, 2010
I only needed a tiny fridge to put on my desk at work to keep a bit of milk, lunch, etc. cold and this was just the perfect size for me. It's actually a bit larger than I need but I'm not complaining, better a bit too big than a bit too small. One I had previously was only 6 can, as opposed to 9 can size this one is and it made a much bigger difference than I thought it would. My old one I'd often have to turn storage containers on their side, and they'd leak or have to pack stuff in there and slam the door quick. This one has always been plenty big for my purposes.

1.0 out of 5 stars This isn't a minifridge--it's a minibox!, February 4, 2014
Joe L. (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
Since I got it in early May of 2013, it has not cooled much below room temperature. Now it doesn't cool at all. The fan works, but the lights do not turn on. It's amazing that no one has gone to jail for this rip-off. I could just sell a small box and tell people it's a refrigerator. As long as it sort of resembles a refrigerator, I figure I could make a quick buck and never have to worry about doing jail time.

Well, at least it has one plus going for it: it doesn't take up much space!

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, November 14, 2013
New product arrived with scuff marks on exterior of unit. No thermostat, so fridge runs constantly and starts frosting up in 2 days.

5.0 out of 5 stars mini fridge, November 1, 2013
works really well, keeps things cold, don't have to worry about bringing a cooler. would recommend this item to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love it, July 30, 2013
It sits on my desk at work. I use it to keep drinks cold and readily available when I want to have something cool to drink

5.0 out of 5 stars Cutest Mini Fridge, May 26, 2013
This is the perfect size I needed.
It is too cute, and very light noise.
Keeps everything cold as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, June 19, 2012
I will be returning this. It never got very cold, just somewhat cool. I'm gonig have to buy a real mini fridge. Such a shame, it is definitely cute.

1.0 out of 5 stars Died after a few months, January 13, 2012
I was excited to get this fridge... it worked decent for the first few months. I never left it on for days... I just used it to store a few drinks that I would take to work on a daily basis. It would always drip after a few hrs and produce a puddle inside. I thought no big deal, I can just clean it up. Well I didn't use it for about 25 days and now that I went to turn it on.. it is completely DEAD! I am assuming the cable that connects from the fridge to the adaptor is dead because the adaptor itself still lights up. I would definitely not recommend this fridge... spend your money elsewhere!

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›