5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cooler
We really like the Koolatron. Since we drink more red than white the larger red section works well for us. We recently had the top section stop cooling and Koolatron sent us a replacement part for free. Great customer service!
Published 18 months ago by L. Toms

1.0 out of 5 stars Barely Made It Thru Warranty Period
I got this wine cooler as a Christmas gift for my wife in 2011 and it started crapping out shortly after the 90 day warranty expired. I've waited so long to write a review because I wanted to contact Koolatron's support before I made a decision on the product/support.
Published 19 months ago by M. Woods

1.0 out of 5 stars Barely Made It Thru Warranty Period, January 26, 2013
This review is from: Koolatron WC24 Black 24 Bottle Digital Temperature Control Dual-Zone Wine Cellar (Misc.)
First, the lower/larger compartment quit working after about three and a half months. I had to move all of our reds into the original cooler that was not being used.
Next, the upper/smaller compartment quit working about a month and a half later. With both compartments, no matter where I set the temp, it wouldn't change.
Finally, about their customer service. It took so long for me to contact them because they're only available 8AM-4PM Eastern. I work 8-5. Being a tech myself, I wanted to be in front of the cooler in case there was something they wanted me to visually inspect. After being on hold for about fifteen minutes, I got to speak to a live rep. I explained why I was calling and she simply said "Well, It could be the chip or the board. We sell the chip for around $78 and the boards are (I don't remember the cost but it was too high). You're better off finding them locally. You'll probably be able to get a price on them if you can find someone who services 12V appliances, like, an RV dealer." That's ridiculous.
Now, all I have for the couple hundred dollars I've spent is a fancy glass, chrome and black stand for my original wine cooler. Which by the way is an 18 bottle Emerson that's still running strong.
I work TOO hard for my money to EVER throw it away on another Koolatron product!!!
I hope this review is helpful in your making a decision on, at least, which products to avoid.

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived with dents, each section pre-set, February 2, 2012
The product works well so far, is quiet, and I like having two zones. However, I didn't realize that it would be predetermined where red and white will be with temperature ranges pre-set for each. I like white more than red and this refrigerator is geared to more red than white.

It arrived dented on the left and right sides. This was highly disappointing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Partially failed after only 7 months, but I fixed it!, July 21, 2013
Schnazola (Toms River, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
I got my unit in December of 2012, and it failed a few days ago (about seven months later): The bottom compartment no longer cools. The fridge started making a racket for a few hours before it failed. Oddly enough, the noise seemed to be coming form the TOP compartment. I have just reached out to the company. We'll see how good their after-the-sale support is.

Edited to add: I reached out to the company via email. They were a bit slow to respond but they DID respond. After a few email exchanges, they sent me a replacement part -- NO CHARGE -- even though the unit was out of warranty. They sent the entire cooling mechanism for the bottom compartment. They even paid the shipping! I did the repair myself with no instructions. I bumped the score from two stars to three b/c of Koolatron's after-the-sale support.

BTW, the unit works very well when it's fault-free. It's quiet as a whisper. The thermostats keep the temps within a few degrees of the programmed settings, which is fine by me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for about a year, September 24, 2013
Michele Morrill (Plymouth, MA United States) - See all my reviews
We bought this cooler for Christmas 2011. It worked just about a year and neither the top nor the bottom work. just sits there using electricity at 75 degrees. We kept thinking it might all of a sudden start working again. After reading the other poor reviews I am going to call the company tomorrow and see what they say. I would definitely NOT recommend this product. It wasn't that inexpensive either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cooler, March 5, 2013
L. Toms (Gilbert, AZ) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after 8 months :-(, February 11, 2013
EPS (Texas, United States) - See all my reviews
It is beautiful, but the temperature is hard to control... it never keeps the setting you choose; it always stays a couple of degrees higher or lower from what you set it to be, but it worked. Now, only 8 months after I purchased it, it stopped working. When I looked at it, the temp was 70 degrees and not cooling any more. :( Very disappointed!

3.0 out of 5 stars so so, June 18, 2012
It is attractive and inexpensive to run. However, it does not maintain an even temperature all the time. Goes up and down by 5 to 8 degrees; which means sometimes the white wine is not cold enough, and that temperature variation is not good for the reds.

1.0 out of 5 stars Inherently flawed product design - do not buy, March 31, 2014
I advise you not to buy this item. I purchased this fridge for Christmas 2011 and a about a year and a half later the top section stopped working. Customer service will only send you a new part if it you call less than a year from your order date. If this is a known frequent issue they should recall the product or fix it no questions asked. The replacement part is about $80, plus shipping and taxes.

Customer service also stated that you should have 5 inches of clearance along the back and sides of the fridge. My fridge was setup in this way and still failed. Koolatron should be embarrassed to offer such a poor quality product. (Note that issues are reported on Amazon shortly after the product was first made available on October 21, 2011.)

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, December 28, 2013
I purchased this product through Sears for Christmas 2012 and it worked fine for 4-5 months. However, the temperatures in each compartment fluctuated +/- 4 degrees from the desired temperature on a regular basis, never maintaining a consistent temperature. More recently, in early November, the top compartment completely quit cooling. This is a pretty common occurrence, based on other reviews here. All of this occurred after the 90-day warranty expired. According to the manual, warranty service is only done on the east coast (I'm in California). I reached out to Koolatron customer service in early December to express my disappointment and described the problems encountered. To this date, there has been no response. Not holding my breath...

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, January 17, 2013
It is a beautiful unit as well as the duel function for both red and white wine and easy to set up..

Rate and Discover Movies