5.0 out of 5 stars Great backpack!
Published 16 months ago by Lotecredneck

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
THE GOOD
1. Looks: This bag looks great.
2. Materials: Love the canvas. It's soft and pliable, as if it's already been put through a few adventures.
Published 12 months ago by Amy S.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great backpack!, May 8, 2013
This review is from: Koolertron Canvas DSLR SLR Camera Shoulder Bag Backpack Rucksack Bag With Waterproof Cover For Sony Canon Nikon Olympus (Electronics)
I ordered this and immediately packed my care gear in the lower part for a trip to Jazz Fest in New Orleans. I was able to put my Canon T3i with the 18-55mm lens attached, my 55-250mm lens, charger, batteries, and also a Canon SX30is all in the bottom! There was room left over and I could have easily gotten my Canon SX150 in there as well. We were able to use the top section for t-shirts, iPad mini, and all kinds of other items without any problem. The backpack is extremely comfortable as the weight is carried low. I ordered one of the Amazon camera backpacks at the same time, but returned it as soon as I got home. I liked this bag so much I just ordered one of the smaller Koolertron camera bags for the times I don't need a backpack! The only thing missing on this bag is a place to strap a tripod or monopod on the outside.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, September 20, 2013
THE GOOD
1. Looks: This bag looks great.
3. Spacious: Love that I can put my camera equipment in the bottom with enough room for a light jacket, iPad, sunglasses, wallet, phone, and so on in the top compartment. The outside pockets are great for keys, plane tickets, etc.

THE BAD
1. Build quality: Out of the box, there were a lot of strings hanging off of the bag. I could deal with this and trimmed them. However, a snap broke the very first time I used the bag. Unacceptable.
2. Balance: This bag is great if I only carry my camera (Nikon D7000) with one (pro) lens or a couple of prime lenses. Anything heavier and the bag sits poorly on my back and becomes uncomfortable almost immediately.

OVERALL
I'm disappointed. It started falling apart immediately, so I don't trust it for anything more than a day trip now. I certainly couldn't expect to take it on a week-long excursion, which is why I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, October 16, 2012
I LOVE this pack!!! The first time out with it I was in the rain, so I pulled out the handy dandy cover from the bottom of the pack and ALL my stuff stayed dry, including clothes i had put on top. I love the roominess for my camera and supplies. The material is a high quality canvas that looks retro. I have received so many compliments on this bag. Zippers are high quality, pockets are ample and awesome. Love that I can take the camera padding out, which is very nice by the way...and just use as a pack if I need to. This was well worth my money, and exceeds what I was expecting. I highly recommend to those on the go!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked this because it doesnt look like your Dad's camera bag., February 28, 2013
I wanted this for two reasons, one it doesnt look like Im carrying around 3000 dollars worth of gear in it and number two it has a nice Indiana Jones vibe to it which I really like.

The bag is very heavy duty, not cheap linen or cloth, buckles are nice and sturdy, leather stripps feel firm and like they will last. I love the open top slot to toss in a few other items like a pullover or hoodie or an extra shirt if need be. very roomy, I carry my camera body, two lenses and a flash and a few Sd cards in it and it doesnt bulge everywhere. Geat bag for the cash, looking to order another just like this for a friend who liked mine.

4.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Backpack Yet, October 9, 2013
This backpack is seriously my dream pack. I am studying abroad in Costa Rica right now, and I use this thing every day from school to traveling to hiking and everything in between. The camera block is a nice size, I have my d90 with a lens attached in one compartment, and then in the other two I have an extra lens, go pro with case full of mounts, mini tripod, extra batteries, and room for more if I really want. It is very easily removable when I convert my backpack for school. Main compartment is large enough for some clothes for weekend trips, or a jacket and food and other necessities. I have fit clothes for three days, including a rain jacket and mini towel. The main pouch also has a velcro strip that you can open which leads into the bottom portion, so I am able to fit school books or a computer in it! The outside pockets are perfect for a phone, water bottle, or whatever else you need quick access too. And then the rain fly! Not only does it work well for rain, I also break it out if I go to the beach or set it in mud, and just use it as a cradle to protect my backpack from getting too gunked up. The zippered pocket where the fly stores is also good if you want to store things incognito :)

The only reason I am giving this 4 stars is because the button clasps are pretty cheap. Within the first couple weeks, one of them broke, but nothing that super glue couldnt fix. Do not let this downside stop you from buying this though..I am seriously in love with my pack.

This is the perfect pack that is so ridiculously functional, yet doesnt scream, "Hey! I have thousands of dollars worth of equipment on me! Come rob me!" Happy travels!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dual purpose camera bag., July 15, 2013
Christopher Stopp (El Dorado Hills, CA, US) - See all my reviews
If you are looking for a professional camera bag to put $10,000 of equipment into, this is not your bag. If you are an amateur photographer with a nice camera and multiple lenses and you also carry kids sweaters and wipeys with you, you will not find anything better.

First off, the bag looks and feels great, heavy duty canvas that will absolutely stand the test of time. The bottom compartment is where your camera equipment goes and there is ample room for the camera body and two or three different lenses plus all of the chargers, cords, and extra cards etc. The top compartment is good sized and fits an ipad along with kids clothes, snacks or anything else you would want to put into a backpack

Secondly, it's really comfortable! With two straps on pulled tight or with one slung over the shoulder, this bag feels great.

This is a bag to take to Disneyland, or camping, or on a walk along the beach, and if it starts to rain the waterproof cover is extremely handy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for what it is..., March 26, 2013
I'm a semi-professional photographer - journalism student about to graduate. And it's definitely not my first attempt to purchase a canvas camera bag that doesn't look like it's holding a few thousand dollars worth of gear.

It's a great bag, exactly what it says. Soft canvas unlike many of the other "canvas" bags on here. Only complaint: the straps are as unsupportive as they get. With all the gear stored in the bottom of the bag, it would be nice if there was more support. After traveling through San Francisco for 5 days with three lenses, a D7000, extra batteries, etc. my back is killing me!!! The bags weight is not disbursed well at all. That being said, pack light and this is a great travel pack! I definitely like it and will use it again, but like every photographer, I have several others depending on the scenario.

For the price, can't beat it. The style too! Taken directly from the Domke bags.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Bag!!, April 21, 2014
Tina (Ohio, USA) - See all my reviews
I absolutely LOVE this bag! There is much more room that I expected and I have no worries about my camera! There are so many pockets that I can literally carry anything I would need in this bag. I take it with me everywhere I go, it has almost completely replaced my purse. :) Such a great product and I get compliments for it all the time. The bottom section easily holds my camera with a 50mm lens on it plus 3 other lenses. I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera bag!, March 21, 2013
I have really grown to like this bag. It's durable with plenty of storage for camera related items, I enjoy the styling of it as well. Getting into the camera storage portion requires opening the top part to them expose the lower portion of the bag which is a pain, but it's not bad enough to lower the value of the bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, July 8, 2012
This camera bag doesnt look like a camera bag, but it is!
It is so perfect for any sort of photography that you are doing.
And the package came in much faster then they said. It took about 1 week to arrive!!!
Im more then happy with my purchase.

Rate and Discover Movies