1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, June 19, 2012
This review is from: Korallin Calcium Reactor 1502 Package 2 (Misc.)
This is a good kit for the average guy. Mine never came with the "integrated `industrial-grade` Brass Check Valve from German Air Pressure Systems to prevent back flow of pressurized saltwater"like the one that is in the picture. It has a pretty nice Co2 switch and that can be one of the biggest problems. When you get you Co2 tank you will have to take it to a welding shop and trade it for a filled one so it sucks giving someone a brand new shiny tank for a used one. The reactor bubble counter is very sensitive and it is very important that you research how to first adjust your pressure gauges so you don't blow them. It should have an actual needle bubble counter and not a little plastic tube, it's really freaking cheap. I wish the reactor came standard with a PH probe holder in the top and that I didn't have to buy a special top or drill a hole myself. I also wish that they had a better way of burning off excess CO2 like a double chamber design instead of just putting it into my protein skimmer. The valves that come with it are cheap and I would also suggest getting JG ones at the hardware store. I put a TOM pump on my reactor to pressurize it and it works great. Make sure that your intake hose gets clean water so it doesn't clog and don't just rely on siphon, it won't work. I have my bubble count at 1 bubble every 6 seconds and 1 drip per second output into my protein skimmer. That works great for me. Update I emailed the company I bought this from(PetStore) about my missing part. They emailed me back right away and sent the part which was here in a couple days no charge! This is a great company to use and this now gets five stars. I ordered a next reactor from another company on here and it took them 10 days just to ship the thing, this company fixed/shipped a product in 2, I'm impressed!

Korallin Calcium Reactor 1502 Package 2