4.0 out of 5 stars A great tuner
Published on April 1, 2009 by Bindlestiff

3.0 out of 5 stars nice but a little fragile
This pedal is decent, lights up if you're playing live, and has a stand to prop itself up. THe needle is fairly accurate. The bad,it's very fragile, the screen is small so I have to bend down to it when I'm playing live to see it better. I think if you're looking for a tuner to play live, I'd go with the Peterson Strobe Stomp.. that's the real deal
Published on February 10, 2010 by Graham Morris

4.0 out of 5 stars A great tuner, April 1, 2009
Bindlestiff (rixtertech.com) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Korg GT-120 Needle VU Chromatic Guitar and Bass Tuner (Electronics)
I bought one of these back in 2007 for almost twice what they sell for now! I was nervous about buying a fairly new product. Things have turned out mostly OK. The D'Arsonval movement is everything I had hoped for, working -much- better than a digital tuner. The mike is sensitive. The dial selector is smooth and tactile w/o being too stiff, and the keys don't have any double-bounce issues. Treated gently, this tuner should give great service for many years.

There are a couple of cons to this device to consider: the "sleek black aluminum body" sometimes advertised for this product doesn't exist. This tuner is PLASTIC with an aluminum face plate. One side out of 6 does not an "aluminum body" make. Also, the choice of AAA batteries is unfortunate for all the usual reasons. The claimed 100 hour life is with the backlight turned off and that brings us to the 3rd issue; if you're over 30 you may need that backlight on, because the LCD display uses a small font, as does the silkscreened case. To be fair, I'm sure its not the only tuner that has that problem but in this case there was plenty of room to work with as this is not a compact design.

All three of these issues could have been worked around and should have been. But the price has come down, its still a great little tuner and I've no plans to get rid of mine. It would be perfect on your shop bench or studio but would have to strapped down pretty tight somewhere to gig with. With a serious case for roadworthyness, a sensible battery and larger fonts the GT-120 could be a perfect Ten. As it is, I'd buy another if mine was stolen. Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless, December 2, 2008
Midgen21 (Bothell, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I've been through a bunch of digital tuners, and even have experimented with tuning forks. I finally found the 'answer' with this unit.

The mic has just the right sensitivity for tuning acoustics. It picks up each string without pikcing up surrounding noises that might interfere. The display is easy to read, even in dimly lit rooms with the backlight on.

I've had it for 6 months or so, using it almost every day and have never had to change the batteries.

It has a bunch of modes I've never made use of. I mainly use it for tuning standard tuning on acoustic guitars, which I just use the 'guitar' mode for. There are a lot o features I'm not using, but it's nice to know they are there if the need arises.

4.0 out of 5 stars One Great Looking Tuner, September 12, 2009
T. Cruit (Carbondale, IL) - See all my reviews
I bought this tuner because the one built in to my amp was difficult to use. I love the analog gauge and the orange backlight. The front panel is aluminum and the rest is plastic but the aluminum front really gives the look of quality construction. This tuner can be used in auto or manual mode; auto works great unless your way way out of tune then use manual or look at the LCD to make sure your tuning to the correct string. I've been using this tuner every day for nearly 2 months now and besides the microphone not being real sensitive I have nothing negative to say about it. If you play an electric the in/ out capability is really convieneint. I wouldn't trade this tuner for any other tuners I've seen. Hope you enjoy, Tyler

5.0 out of 5 stars THis one's a keeper, August 22, 2009
Operationally, it is the best non-strobe tuner that I have ever used. The mechanical needle is fast acting making tuning a snap. It has Sharp/Flat leds that makes tuning even more precise. Of course it isn't a strobe, but I think it could easily be the next best thing.

This tuner come in a quality protective case. The only problem I have had is that if the tuner is put into the case bottom first, the off/on switch on the side may slide to the 'ON' position. The next time it is taken out, the batteries will be dead. The obvious solution is to put it in the case top first. Problem solved.

I'll not cover any more of the many functions since the product decription details those. I'll just say they work.

4.0 out of 5 stars tuner, April 20, 2013
i like it very much, i would buy it again ,, there is no other tuner tht can match this i advise if someone is buying a tuner buy thisone

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT TUNER, December 3, 2012
I bought this tuner since I play exclusively in DADGAD. Very good quality...easy to use. It has various setting for alternate tunings...including one for bass. It is perfect for what I do

5.0 out of 5 stars Korg GT-120 Needle VU Chromatic Guitar and Bass Tuner, October 8, 2010
Susan Rutherford (Ennis, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this as a replacement gift for my husband. He is very impressed with how simply it works and how he doesn't have to dial the cords. The tuner picks them out and tells him what he's tuning. Before, he had to dial the cord then tune.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the better tuners available, September 12, 2010
In brief, this is well-built, reasonably rugged, fast and accurate. Not the cheapest, but it doesn't disappoint.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price for a good tuner, April 4, 2010
I think this is a good tuner for the price. I hear people saying it's not a Peterson tuner but this is two hundred dollars cheaper. I don't have the time it takes to tune with a Peterson! This one comes in a nice carrying case and it also fits in your guitar case too. My first Korg tuner lasted twenty eight years!

3.0 out of 5 stars nice but a little fragile, February 10, 2010

Korg GT-120 Needle VU Chromatic Guitar and Bass Tuner
$130.00 $51.28
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies