4.0 out of 5 stars Works well. You have to listen carefully though

Published on July 16, 2008 by Maureen Clement

3.0 out of 5 stars much better thn the MM-1, July 16, 2008
Maureen Clement "maurclem" (Arouca, Trinidad & Tobago) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Korg MM-2 Personal Clip-On-Ear Metronome (Electronics)
I had the original mm-1 korg earpiece metronome which was total crap and never played for longer than a few minutes. Changing the batteries in the mm-1 brought its final death. This mm-2 is much larger. In light of the modern bluetooth earpieces for mobile phones I feel this could be vastly reduced. Nonetheless, it fits comfortably around the ear and works like its supposed to. It plays very softly, but once attached to your ear you can hear it well. (There is a volume control that is easy to get to even when attached to your ear.} It doesn't mute though, which would be a plus, since you have to turn on and off again if you want the beating to pause for a short while, which could be a drag as it breaks your rhythm. The volume control does not go right down to nothing. There is also no light so it cannot be used in the dark. There is an additional faceplate - for what reason I don't know. Who has time to change the color of the gadget?

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well. You have to listen carefully though, July 20, 2007
Jim (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Korg MM-2 Personal Clip-On-Ear Metronome (Electronics)
The 1 beat is unique from the others, but you have to listen for it, which is good, because thats what its about. So when you think have the beat down and your playing, it is hard to hear that 1 beat, so you have to play a bit softer to be sure you have it right. I like it that way. Others complained about the hard to distinguish tone, but for me it works and I'll probably use it more often because of it's portability. Its plenty loud for me.

2.0 out of 5 stars So-So..., April 16, 2009
This review is from: Korg MM-2 Personal Clip-On-Ear Metronome (Electronics)
The first one of these I bought died within an hour of use, so I exchanged it for a new one, which is working so far. The fact that it has a volume control is a plus. The unit gives the impression of being very delicate, even flimsy. The clip that secures the metronome to the ear is so flexible that it comes off very easily. The buttons are positioned such that it's difficult to handle the metronome without accidentally changing the settings or turning it off. The beat sound is a rather annoying chirp rather than a solid click. Price is high for what you get. I would have given it three stars if the first one I bought hadn't been essentially DOA, but since it was, I am giving it two stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Good, January 31, 2010
This review is from: Korg MM-2 Personal Clip-On-Ear Metronome (Electronics)
Pretty simple to use, you can certainly hear it. It's hard to control while its on your ear. I have to take it off to change the volume or speed. Otherwise I'm certainly satisfied with its performance. It must have a good battery because I accidently left it on all night and its still ticking, so to speak.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tiny and loud, February 28, 2009
Melanie Archer (Oakland, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Korg MM-2 Personal Clip-On-Ear Metronome (Electronics)
No denying the portability of this device--it's about the size of a Bluetooth earpiece. Will clip onto your ear, your jacket, your hat. Correspondingly tiny buttons for power and rate adjustments; not for the arthritic or less than gracile. LOUD volume which can't be adjusted--don't place this right over your earhole. These are minor complaints; my major one is that the buttons to change the BPM and tempo are placed exactly where you want to grasp the device to move it. You will accidentally change your BPM and tempo just by trying to fit the device to a more comfortable place on your ear.

Korg MM-2 Personal Clip-On-Ear Metronome