Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on February 6, 2009
I have been using this headset for over a month with Nuance's Dragon Naturally Speaking software. It works perfectly! I am getting over a 99% accuracy rate! Before you spend "big bucks" on another headset, give this one a try. I know you will be happy with it!
88 comments295 of 300 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2006
The headset is very light and comfortable, it might seem fragible but it is made of pretty good material. It will not apply pressure to your ears, and the earbuds are very comfortable, as well as having a slight 30º degree rotation (on its axis).

As far as sound quality goes, it is above average compared to other cheap headsets out there (~20$US seems to be the above average price). The speakers sound pretty decent, as long as you use them for voice. The high notes are pretty notable (accentuated a little bit too much), the midrange is ok, and the bass surprisingly manages to perform very well for the price. It is there and it serves the purpose of voice chat.

As far as the mic goes, it is not a professional mic (those are $30-$200), but it manages to perform well.

The microphone is very omnidirectional, so keep in mind for example I have a somewhat loud computer fan half a meter away from the mic, and you will hear it in the background.

As far as voice range goes, it manages to capture low notes pretty decently, again I have to restate, for the price, it is what you get. If you are not doing a radio show or a podcast, then this is great for voice chatting, gaming, voice recognition, etc.

A good tip would be to adjust the mic to be above the mouth by a few degrees and also turn its inner face way from you. Doing so allows for a better sampling of your voice as the recording will not be crippled by constant air noises from your breathing.

On the technical side, you might want to note that the microphone also has an outer side, so not only it captures your voice, but the ambient noise. The cord is pretty long, just enough to be comfortable, but not long enough for you to roam freely (I have it plugged in the front of my computer).

Final note: Good headset for the price, good for people on a budget.

Recommendation: If you want better quality, pay more, but if you just want to voice chat on Skype, this is great and cheap. Always test audio products before you buy them.
66 comments340 of 348 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2002
I found the fit and weight to be just fine, but the most important thing with a Speech Recognition Headset is the clarity of the Microphone, and I have found the microphone on these headphones to work better than any of the other Voice Rec Headphones I have owned.
0Comment168 of 171 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2010
I bought two of these sets over a year ago and they are still performing like a champ today. They have definitely performed beyond my expectations and trust me, I have put a good amount of use into them. For $10-15, you can't go wrong. Great sound, great mic, and durable build construction.
0Comment82 of 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2004
Its perfect for in-game chat or when using teamspeak (or other IP-talk applications). Sound is Koss style (excellent), but not as good as Koss Porta Pro of course. The Mic is perfect. The fixed part of the arm rotates down to the mouth, the rest of the mic-arm is flexible and can be easily adjusted to any wish. Clear and good microphone. The cord is long compared to other headsets (more than 3 meters / 10 feet)
0Comment90 of 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2009
I've tried a lot of these, many in the $70 to $130 range, and this one outperforms them all. Clear and loud in the ear, and it works perfectly for Skype and Mac Dictate, as well as everyday voice recording. Comfortable to wear, too. I only took off a star because the cord is so ridiculously long. But that's just me. A lot of people would really appreciate a long cord, so if you're one of them add that star back on!
11 comment134 of 140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2007
I use them for dictating into Dragon Naturally Speaking, and they work great for the most part (as anyone who's used this program knows, you have to be patient and continually "train" the program). My only complaint (and it's probably not really a fault of the headset) is that if someone pops their head into the office and says "Hi!", or if the phone rings, the headset picks up this extraneous noise and the dictation recognition is affected. Maybe I should just close the door... Bottom line--I would definitely buy them again.
0Comment97 of 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 29, 2005
I do a lot of on-line gaming (Aces High with built in voice, WWII Online with Teamspeak, Battlefield 1942 with Teamspeak). These headphones are perfect for what I want. They are not the most-comfortable headphones in the world, but they are adequate, and the price is very cheap ($15 or so). More importantly, the dynamic range on the sound is great so that I can localize sound sources in the game (good for locating where a shot came from). Even the low-end rumble is good (so that explosions and tanks sounds good, for example). The microphone on this headset is outstanding. My voice quality on these games is better than what the majority of players achieve. People who use crappy mics sound crappy in the game (static or distortion) -- my voice quality is very clear. I have recommended these headphones for everyone I know who does on-line gaming.
0Comment74 of 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2010
Sound is fine, and microphone too, but the goofed up the most simple part, the plastic headband. It is tight and the end is tilted in towards your poor head. The adjustment is worthless to correct this problem. I do not have an overly large or strange-shaped head. After about 10 minutes I started getting a headache.
66 comments73 of 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2008
I use it with Skype and MS Messenger and it is clear and reliable. Worth the price.
0Comment26 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse