Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.95 shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Koss 'The Plug' In-Ear Headphones (Black)
|Price:||$12.43 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$2.56 (17%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 16 to 23,000 Hz frequency response
- Deep bass performance
- 4- Foot cord
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Koss 'The Plug' In-Ear Headphones (Black)
Panasonic RPHJE120K In-Ear Headphone, Black B003EM8008
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||1 inches x 6 inches x 4 inches||6.75 inches x 3.6 inches x 3.25 inches||2.65 inches x 7 inches x 1.06 inches||1 inches x 6.6 inches x 1.9 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.02 pounds||0.09 pounds||0.1 pounds||0.44 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
For accurate sound reproduction, these earbud-style headphones are made with oxygen-free copper voice coils and neodymium iron boron magnets. You can enjoy them with either a portable or home audio device, since both 0.125-inch and 0.25-inch adapter jacks are included.
"The Plug" weighs a mere quarter ounce and has a frequency response rated at an impressive 16 to 23,000 Hz (though its unlikely you'll hear bass output anywhere close to what you'd get from a similarly rated loudspeaker!).
Impedance is 16 ohms, with less than a 0.3 percent distortion and reasonably high sensitivity of 112 dB SPL/1 mW.
Top Customer Reviews
My interest for this product is as a solution to listening to music, lectures, and movies while travelling, and I travel a lot. I have a set of Panosonic noise-cancelling headphones which were good (about five times more expensive than these earbuds) though bulky, but the plastic broke so they won't stay on my head now.
These earbuds are an excellent alternative to noise-cancelling headphones for the frequent traveller. I find them more comfortable for extended listening than most conventional headphones. The ability to seal out noise from the external environment is very good, and makes it possible to understand what actors are saying when watching a movie on an airplane.
The overall performance - sound quality and noise blocking - is not as good as the Bose noise cancelling headphones, but the Bose are 20 times as expensive, much less convenient to carry, and subject to damage from the rough world of the road warrior. If The Plug had an optional noise-cancelling unit (say, combined with the eq), it would be a killer combination - are you listening, Koss?).
The sound is good. Bass-heavy, to be sure; I would like them better if they had a flatter response, but the product is marketed at the portable music crowd, and many of them are looking for dramatic bass rather than golden-ears sound.
Besides, mobile sound is always a compromise, it's just a question of whether the compromise they chose works for you.
Here are some problems I've heard and the solutions:
1. "They fall out of my ear.Read more ›
Apprently KOSS got a lot of feedback from the first version, they listened, and made a much better product. The ones I have are just fantastic. Great bass, like the original, but very good mids and lows as well. They work better as isolation headphones then anything I have used before, but apprently people who are audiophiles are not that impressed. Also they have fantastic volume ability. Because they are in your ear canal I can turn my portable equipment up really loud. I don't but its nice if you want to. Music sounds great with these headphones. Frankly best headphones I have ever used, BUT I am using the NEW VERSION not the blue and yellow ones pictured here.
OK right now what to do? I would call Amazon and MAKE SURE you are getting the new version. I never used the one they have listed here but almost everywhere I looked on the net, people say the new version is MUCH BETTER...
1. Very good sound (esp. for the price), just make sure you are not using any bass expansion/extension equalization. Even with old Sinatra, using my TDK Mojo's bass expansion sometimes causes distortion, simply because The Plug has exceptional low frequency response. So hip-hop obviously causes a lot of distortion w/ extra bass emphasis; I wonder if this is the 'muddiness' about which some have complained. Flat equalization (at least for bass) is a requirement for these headphones.
2. Excellent isolation and efficiency due to the foam sealing design. Just don't blow your eardrum turning the music up too loud, nor get run over by a bus 'cause you can't hear it coming!
3. Excellent overall sound quality; no tinny sound other reviewers have mentioned, unless The Plug is inserted incorrectly (ie - off-axis, or not "aimed" correctly).
1. True, the black foamy material does not stay compressed very long, so you have to 'roll' it in your fingers then immediately put it in your ear. I could see that those with small ears may have problems fitting these properly; problem solved by retrofitting a standard foam-type earplug (as others have mentioned). Whether you would or should do this is another question. The packaging does include a few different styles of foam inserts to try; coned, cylinder, etc. After using the coned ones for a long time, I've switched to the cylinder-shaped ones, which stay in better.
2. The first pair of these I bought had uneven bass; the left earplug's bass was a lower sound pressure than the right; treble was fine. I verified this with both ears and then with a function generator. I exchanged them and the subsequent pair is perfectly balanced.
3.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Delivery on time. The magnet does not hold the buds as expected. It often comes loose and hanging. The product did not last more than 3 months. It simply did not work after that. Read morePublished 2 days ago by PREMKUMAR PISKALA
As inexpensive earplugs go, these do their job splendidly. The noise isolation is excellent and sound quality is good to "pretty dang good". Read morePublished 8 days ago by Saul
Love these headphones. They fit perfectly and solidly in your ear. And on top of that they have pretty good sound, especially for the price.Published 11 days ago by Melissa M. Green
great sound quality (base especially) and great sound isolation. very poor ;lug design (does not last 3 weeks) cable very catchy surface tangles easily. Read morePublished 29 days ago by Russ Foul
Koss 'The Plug' In-Ear Headphones deliver rich bass and block outside noise a lot better than some pricier brands. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Vivian S. Bedoya
I tried many many in ear style before i came across these. i wish i found them sooner.
best in ear i have ever owned. imho , better than sennheiser cx300. Read more