Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: Regular Unscented|Unit Count: 135|Change

on August 10, 2013
I am SO GLAD that I happened to read the reviews here about this product. As others stated, I had been using this product for decades and loved it. I recently opened a new box and immediately noticed that the adhesive is now terrible -- it doesn't stick or allow the pantiliner to stay in place at all. I also developed an irritation and was ready to make an appointment with my GYN but fortunately read the reviews here first. I stopped using the Kotex pantiliners, and the irritation went away like magic. Kotex is now adding aloe to the pantiliners and something to "adjust the pH." These additives apparently caused the irritation.

I had some of the old Kotex pantiliners in my purse, so I was able to use them without any problems until I could find a new brand. It took awhile as other brands such as Carefree add fragrance or "Acti-Fresh," an odor-control agent, to their pantiliners that also caused me an irritation. The Acti-Fresh also gave the pantiliners an odd odor that I found unpleasant. The "Original" type without additives only came in long, which is too big for me.

I have found that the Always Incredibly Thin Regular Daily Liners are excellent. The adhesive sticks great, and the liners are very thin and comfortable yet still do the job. Best of all, NO IRRITATION as no extra chemicals are added to these pantiliners. The Always pantiliners cost just a fraction more than the Kotex brand if you buy the largest package (160), which I have found at Target.

Several pantiliner brands come in a trial size of 20 for under $1.00 at Target and Walmart, so it's well worth trying different brands this way. I was even able to return the unused portion of the Carefree trial size to Target for a full refund.

Honestly, why do the pantiliner manufacturers think we need unnecessary and irritating additives??? Always, please continue to offer your brand without them.
1414 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2013
When I first got the box, I wondered about the aloe and vitamin E, shrugged and used them anyway. I started noticing irritation and wrongly deduced it was my menstrual cup. Was using a different liner brand around the time I switched cups and thought the new cup was the ticket. Ran out of the other brand and started using these again. Sure enough, the intense discomfort was back. Googled "liners and irritation" and results came up for amazon reviews for this brand! Several women stated the added aloe and Vitamin E can be an allergy for some women and described the same issues I was having. I should have listened to that little voice the first time. In the trash they go!
44 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2013
This used to be a good product. I am assuming they decided to cheapen up the product to save money. Only getting rid of the glue makes this product useless. Save your money.
on November 24, 2010
I have been using the Kotex Lightdays Pantiliners,Extra Coverage for about three years. They are comfortable and keep underwear from getting stained. Getting six boxes of 80 liners per box for one low price is a definite bargain for me. The added attraction is that the liners come to my door, saving me time and gas. I checked on price of six boxes at Walmart with sales tax and Amazon.com is cheaper especially since there is free shipping/handling.
on March 6, 2013
These look like the ones sold in stores, but the shipment I received was horrible quality. The adhesive doesn't work! Been using these for decades and this was my first online shipment. Don't know where these are made, but I'm going back to buying in the store.
Kotex Lightday Pantiliners are the best quality panty liner out there. I have tried several other brands only to come back to Kotex. It sticks well, yet easy to remove. It does not bunch up. It has good absorbency. I very much appreciated that it is unscented. I also like that this liner is slightly longer than the regular size.

I am attaching a photo of a long and a regular size liner side by side for comparison.

This packaging is the best deal value - 6 cents per liner. Yes, you get 6 large boxes, but they don't go bad :-)

Bottom line: this is the best value and the best quality.
on December 9, 2011
I used to buy these all the time from Sam's Club, but the price has been going up and up, I decided to look somewhere else to see if I could get these cheaper. Enter: Amazon.

Pros:

1. Kotex quality is amazing. I have been using these panty liners for quite a number of years, and they are still great. Great for non-period days to keep you fresh and dry. The unscented ones are really the way to go.

2. Discreet shipping. The box containing the Kotex boxes have the logo all over the box, but this box is shipping in another, larger, Amazon box packed with some brown paper to keep it from shifting. Excellent job shipping this item, as always, Amazon!

3. The separate smaller boxes are perfect for the linen closet or under the sink. The Kotex box itself is pre-packaged with 6 smaller Kotex boxes, each one containing 105 panty liners. The smaller boxes stack up nicely in the linen closet, and are packaged easily to grab and go as needed.

Cons:

1. The "long" ones are getting smaller and thinner over time, so be wary. I don't use them on 'light' days even anymore...only for non-period days. The package I just received yesterday, 12/8/2011, are the thinnest/shortest yet.

2. The new packaging is a little off-putting. It doesn't look anything like the picture (it's now a light-blue box). It reminded me of pads, so at first I was afraid I bought 6 boxes of pads. As soon as I tore into the first box I was relieved to see that I did indeed buy panty liners and not pads. I wish they would go back to the familiar, white-and-yellow box.

I will continue to buy from Amazon, the shipping is fast, discreet, and this product is cheap on here!
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on September 11, 2015
CAUTION - Mfr. has changed a construction detail on this liner! MAY CUT YOU! For the most part, these liners are the same as the liners were before they were changed over to the "U". The problem is the edging detail around the "U" liner may CUT into your skin and slice your thighs open in the most delicate of areas. I'm of a certain age that requires the need to wear these liners every day of my life and I have done so for many years now without incident. I was very nervous when I could no longer find them in the box they used to be in because that usually means something in the manufacturing process has been changed. Sure enough, after these cut me for the second time, I compared a new liner to an old one and the way they are now sealed along the edges has resulted in a much sharper and stiffer edge that cuts me every time I use one. Unless Kotex addresses this mfr. problem, I'm going to have to find and use another brand. Thankfully I still had one box of the previous version left. These were so good before the change and are now just a safety hazard.
on February 24, 2009
I have used these for the most part of my adult life, and there's no comparison. I've tried to switch to the 'cheaper, comparable' brand, but they just don't compare to Kotex Lightdays. I'm a forever customer.
on January 24, 2011
costco discontinued carrying this product and I found it at amazon for a little bit less in price. Thank you so much for having it.