5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value
The reputation stands on it's own for the product brand. However, I just couldn't beat the value I got on this deal! From a busy woman, who doesn't want to spend each month hunting for the next bargain, I'd just like to say this has given me more free time and less things to stress about!

Thanks!
Published on January 9, 2007 by Catherine M. Clark

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning! Product change not reflected in listing.
Published on November 25, 2011 by B. Goldstein

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, January 9, 2007
This review is from: U by Kotex Security Overnight Maxi, Unscented, 28 Count (Pack of 6) (Health and Beauty)

Thanks!

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning! Product change not reflected in listing., November 25, 2011
I placed this order shortly after the listed and pictured product, "Kotex Long Super Maxi Pads", was discontinued by the manufacturer. That same day I contacted Amazon support to make absolutely sure that I would NOT receive the manufacturer's replacement product, "Kotex Natural Balance". The new line contains aloe, to which my wife is allergic. Unfortunately, when the package arrived, it DID contain the replacement product, rather than the one listed. If I wanted the new product, I could have bought it at Target or Walmart for slightly better prices.

So if you like the new revised product, then feel free to order this. Amazon simply hasn't updated their listing. However, if you're after the version free of perfumes, dyes, and chemicals, then steer clear. You're already too late. That product is gone.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is., December 21, 2010
I swear more people should review feminine items- I mean we buy them all.the.time. I could really careless if the UPS dude sees that I buy these, I haven't yet received my box so I can't say for sure how it comes pkg'd. I do buy 7th Generation pantiliners and they are a box in a box or sometimes just the bags inside an unlabeled box. So I assume I will receive much of the same. I bought these from Amazon because one purchase will last me at least half a year. One less thing to forget at Target (even with a list I always forget this essential). ;)

I have tried many a pad in my day. Ultra thins to regulars and even cloth. I am not a tampon user so it was essential I find a pad I loved. I gave this 4 stars because I wish they were just a tad thinner. Just a tad though! And I like the quiet wrappers but I wish there were some way to make them a little more secondary functional like Always does with theirs (you can use the wrapper to wrap the used pad).

I have a moderate flow and these work fine. I hate wings. hate. wings. And finding a pad without them is hard sometimes. The ultra thins are too thin. I swear these regulars absorb better than the super ultra thins made to hold twice as much. Plus with them being thicker- they are against your body which means there is less of a gap between the pad and you...which helps insure that the 'fluid' stays IN the pad and doesn't run off. I leak soooo often with ultra thins. Gap between pad and you = yay leakage on your underthings or more fabulous...your clothing! You know like when you stand up and the grand rush happens? With the gap if it doesn't absorb super fast you may just have yourself a leak from 'run off'. These softly sit against your body and absorb no gap- no run off.

That's why I like these tried a true old fashioned pads. No fancy wrapping. No wings. They are soft. They absorb quickly. They simply work.

ETA: It's now June 2011 but I felt like I should come back and say that they do some in a huge Kotex labeled box. So if that matters to you- you should pass. I like to buy bulk of things because I dislike monthly trips to the store and I think having 6 bags of these in my cart next to a case of toilet paper and things standing in a line for 15 minutes with a teenager guy being the checker slightly more horrifying. So I'll take my giant box once every 18 months or so. ;)

1.0 out of 5 stars Substandard product, October 26, 2012
E. Aylward (The Heartland of MO) - See all my reviews
These "new" natural style are terrible. I have had a problem with the filling bunching up and the sides coming unsealed and the filling falling out. Awful. I'm looking for some other product that is how the overnight pads used to be. Very dissatisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for a necessary product, March 5, 2012
We were pleased to find the non-wings version of these pads available on Amazon when our local store stopped carrying them. It is a large package (6 bags of 28 pads each) but since they are nonperishable there's no reason not order if you have the storage room. Great price and free shipping.

3.0 out of 5 stars VERY WELL MARKED BOX!!, January 7, 2009
If you plan to buy this you should know that it is shipped in the original case from the factory!! The case says KOTEX Maxi on EVERY SIDE!!!!!! How horrifying to get home from work and see this sitting outside my front door! Thank God I have a little entryway where it was partially hidden! I'm sure the UPS man, and my neighbors, got quite a laugh. I also paid $36 for it in Jan. '09, they have really jacked the price up as of May '09 it was $80...are you kidding me?!?!

I bought this on amazon because it was a good price, and easier than buying one pack at a time at the store. I wouldn't have bothered if I had known how it would arrive. UGH!! If this doesn't bother you then go for it, the pads themselves are fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars U...won't like them., August 26, 2014
U...may be surprised when the first pad disintegrates.
U...will be frustrated at cleaning up fluffy pad stuffing from the floor.
U...will be resigned when the fifth pad from the pack does the same thing.
U...may want to find another brand.

I've been a Kotex fan for years. I was irked when they made the glue too strong, but didn't change. Now the glue is so strong I have to pick it off my panties, and the pads don't stay in one piece for an hour. I'm done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, July 8, 2008
I used to use Always for years & then switched to Kotex after Always chanaged their products years ago. I much prefer Kotex, especially the long pads. There's much more coverage with long pads (wingless), so less leaks. They also keep you dry. Just one minor annoyance--although they went to more cloth-like individual wrappers, which are rather nice, they changed them, so they no longer open quite as neatly. I just wish they wouldn't change the packaging.

1.0 out of 5 stars MADE IN CHINA !!! Not usa as listed in product description!, September 4, 2009
We purchased "Kotex Ultra Thin Over Night With Wings, 28-Count Packages (Pack of 6)" because it was on sale for a good price. But, we didn't realize that the product was not as described.

Amazon's description says this product is "Made in USA" ... BUT it is actually MADE IN CHINA!!!! Both the 6 individual packages and the outer carton containing the 6 packages are clearly marked MADE IN CHINA.

We do not use Chinese toothpaste for obvious safety reasons. And we certainly don't want a Chinese product (Kotex pad) rubbing against sensitive areas for hours.

If anyone else wants to call Kotex to complain about the outsourcing of their production to China with the accompanying labor practices and safety issues:
Phone:
1 (888) 525-8388 (USA, Canada and Puerto Rico only)
Call toll-free Monday through Friday
8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Central Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product to Purchase in Bulk, October 21, 2011
I am a person who wants to purchase in bulk with certain items. This one happens to be one of them. Sometimes I can not find it in the local stores. Buying it via Amazon is a convenience. The price is acceptable. It you use this product and have storage space, purchase it. You will not regret it.