Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kotobuki Spam Musubi Mold
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on June 1, 2013
Bought this one and the substantially more expensive one and cut out a can and tried all three to make Spam musubi. This one works, by far, the best. Hint: make sure that you wet the mold with water and shake it off before putting it down on the nori. And make sure to wet the top part before pressing everything down to make it "COMPACT" (see, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X0qNto_9xo). Then, you slide the mold up, while holding the top part down and then release the top part. You can use it for other things beside making Spam musubi, as it allows you to mold any kind of cooked grain that reasonably sticks together, e.g. quinoa or barley. It makes a nice presentation on a plate to have a crisply formed rectangle of grain.
on January 13, 2014
Mmmmm...Spam musubi in Afghanistan! Watch your sodium intake! :-)

The mold works well and is easy to use. Why go through expensive sushi chef training when you can just jam your ingredients into this to create a perfectly-shaped musubi!
on May 20, 2013
although the packaging doesn't say anything about spam musubi (its labeled as a oshisushi press in japanese), it is the perfect size!
on January 18, 2015
Does it's job except at the narrow ends where seaweed will not wrap. I found this at local Asian Market for MUCH MUCH less. Should have checked for local availability before ordering this. DO use Japanese or 'sticky' rice!
on May 19, 2013
Required in every household if you live in Hawaii. Amazing what you can do with rice, spam and some seaweed. Believe it or not, my son wanted this. Much cheaper to make than buy.
on June 11, 2014
It was a sad, sad day when our musubi mold of eight years dropped just perfectly on the kitchen floor and broke in half. Our family about had a heart attack mid way through making lunch... of course we survived by using our hands to mold rice in the approximate shape of a rectangle to finish. Though we all know that just wouldn't cut it long term.

So after searching online - and not being able to find an exact replica of what we had held dear for so long - decided to try the Kotobuki model.

It's actually a pretty nice mold. There are little bumps on the bottom of the press so the rice does not stick, and you're able to get a nice, solid amount of pressure evening across the space so the rice is packed firm against the spam and nori. The material is light and easy to clean, and gladly fills the void in my kiddos' brown bellies. Five stars!
on September 19, 2014
Yeah... go ahead and laugh. I didn't have one of these neat gadgets so I cut a spam can and tried to make my own 'musubi molder'. It worked but it wan't something I wanted to continue using with its sharp edges and put away with my clean dishes. I just recieved this item and tried it out last night. It worked better than my spam can. Its pretty durable and the price was right.
on November 14, 2014
This musubi mold works great. It's non-sticky, so I spend much less time dipping it in water and picking rice or furikake off of it. The non-stick aspect also makes it much easier to clean than the ones that I've used in the past.
on March 18, 2014
until i happened to order Hawaiian Spam Sushi....now i can make it at home...YES! Nori, rice, avocado, lite Spam, mayo and tonaki sauce...presto
on September 1, 2014
This thing works like a charm. I'd gotten it on a whim because I'd been having a craving for spam musubi. The mold works very well and is easy to use. Some people have suggested that you might need to wet the mold (or slightly oil it) to make it easier to use, but I've never done that (it might be different types of rice). I don't eat much spam musubi now because of the high salt content, but I've found that this mold works well for making other musubi. I've even tried the mold using 50/50 white rice and brown rice and salmon and it came out really great.