5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected - great value for the money
Published 19 months ago by K. Moynehan

3.0 out of 5 stars Super (IF YOU GET the GOOD ONE)
SEE UPDATE

Published 11 months ago by T. W. Patton

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected - great value for the money, September 20, 2012
This review is from: Kotobuki Japanese Fish Bone Tweezers (Kitchen)
I'm a cheapskate who hates kitchen uni-taskers. Therefore when making large salmon filets, I would get out the pliers from the garage, sterilize them, and struggle to pull out the bones. I figured they were at least as good as fishbone tweezers, if not better. The extra effort involved with cleaning them twice and making two trips to the garage was worth it. What could little tweezers do that pliers can't? They only have two small gripping surfaces, and I figured they would slip off the pin bones.

I am an idiot.

Where my pliers would result in torn flesh and a messy-looking filet, and add a headache to the fish-prep process, these tweezers are a dream. Simple design, tenacious grip on the bones, and no damage to the surrounding flesh. All that, and I can throw them in the dishwasher and move on to the next task. They take up no more space than a fork in the drawer. I can't believe I waited so many years before researching and buying a pair of these.

NOTE: I'm also a bit of a kitchen tool snob. When it comes to devices I expect to use for years, I want good quality. A few shuns, some Le Creuset, some All-Clad that I've saved for and bought over the years. I therefore was tempted to get one of the name-brand tweezers (shun or global). Glad I didn't. These are perfect, and far cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, October 4, 2011
D. Kang "dk" (Carol Stream, IL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kotobuki Japanese Fish Bone Tweezers (Kitchen)
Went to lake michigan and caught about 20 fish between 4 of us. Now all of a sudden I had a bunch of filets with the side bones. I tried using one of those cheap tweezers you buy at the pharmacy and had a very hard time grabbing the bones. Saw the good reviews and thought I'd give this a try.
I was not disappointed. The tweezers work well and hold the bone tightly. Just be careful cause if you press too hard you can actually break the bone, that's how strong these tweezers are.

3.0 out of 5 stars Super (IF YOU GET the GOOD ONE), May 21, 2013
SEE UPDATE

I've yet to clean up a fillet with these tweezers, but have used them for numerous other things and find that they are great for any price and am confident they will excel in the kitchen. I'm buying 3 more pairs, two for gifts and a second set for myself. Mine are exactly as pictured, measuring a bit over 4.5 inches long x 1/2 inch at the tip and hinge, tapering in the mid-section. If I had to be picky, I might complain about the light stamping of the "18 STAINLESS STEEL" and that "MADE IN JAPAN" is only a sticker. But I'm not picky. Recommended without reservation.

UPDATE: I ordered three more pairs based upon the wonderful tweezers I reviewed above. I DID NOT RECEIVE three of the "SUPER" tweezers, I got the JUNK that every bad review here speaks of. The shape of the tweezers is different, the tips are angled, the tips are not square (one of three is), the finish is less polished, and there are no stampings or stickers indicating the grade of steel or country of origin. I AM RETURNING them and have knocked this review back to a 3-star. I am ZERO star satisfied with the _NOT AS PICTURED_ tweezers. This is not good selling, a misrepresentation. The first review was for GREAT fish bone tweezers, This UPDATE is for junk. Roll of the dice it appears.

AS indicated in the comments there, "Amazon" fulfillment sent the good tweezer, LUCCA sent the same tweezer as is sold here in a separate listing for $1.98. I'm re-ordering, will report.

5.0 out of 5 stars All you need to take the bones out of your raw fish, August 29, 2011
This review is from: Kotobuki Japanese Fish Bone Tweezers (Kitchen)
there are fancier and more expensive tweezers, but this is all you need.

used them to take the anoying bones out of Salmon and they work as they should, taking the bones out without damaging the fish.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Quite What I Ordered, May 17, 2012
This review is from: Kotobuki Japanese Fish Bone Tweezers (Kitchen)
I purchased 3 tweezer (1 for myself and 2 for friends) based on the picture, price, and reviews posted. Pictures looks like a straight/flat-tipped tweezer. Actual product is a slant-tipped tweezer. None of the tweezer tip were aligned straight. Great price, but I decided not to give the tweezers to my friends because it looks poorly made.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT WHATS PICTURED!!!!!!, October 17, 2013
This review is from: Kotobuki Japanese Fish Bone Tweezers (Kitchen)
Completely not what is pictured...... returning product and ordering something else. Guess i should just cough up the $15 for a real pair

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the item pictured, August 17, 2013
This review is from: Kotobuki Japanese Fish Bone Tweezers (Kitchen)
I purchased two these and neither is the item pictured nor does either work. The ends are not square as pictured and the slanted ends do not meet so the items are useless. This is not even a case of getting what you paid for although they are inexpensive. In this case, your purchase price is simply a contribution to Amazon and the merchant since the items simply went into the trash. Apparently it's a game of fortune whether you get the item shown or the "junk".

1.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Ordered, November 5, 2013
This review is from: Kotobuki Japanese Fish Bone Tweezers (Kitchen)
I had the same experience as other reviewers - the product pictured is not what I received. Rather than a flat tip, I too got an angled tip (which didn't even line up essentially rendering this useless). Additionally, the packaging around the tweezers themselves arrived open to the point where I could slide the tweezers in and out without any effort. Further, the packaging indicates that the product was made in China vs. Japan as stated on the Amazon page.

Update: I complained to the seller about receiving a different product and they mailed me the correct product. This one came without any packaging at all, but it seems to be much higher quality. While the seller was pretty responsive, I wouldn't order this unless you're willing to complain when you get the wrong item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fish bone tweezers, February 13, 2014
This review is from: Kotobuki Japanese Fish Bone Tweezers (Kitchen)
If you handle raw fish with many small bones, such as salmon, this device allows you to effortlessly remove the bones and enjoy your food without the occasional bone interrupting your meal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fish Bone Tweezers, January 19, 2012
This review is from: Kotobuki Japanese Fish Bone Tweezers (Kitchen)
I've always used pliers for removing bones from mostly salmon. These are so much easier to use and grasp the bone better. High quality for the price. I bought 4 more pair to give to my kids for Christmas presents.

ARRAY(0x9f320e4c)