Published on July 24, 2011 by R. A. McDowell

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks like a 10 year olds face on adult body...
It is just weird. What is wrong with using the actual comics face? Anime female faces are so generic and lazy.
Published on November 7, 2012 by zibblebeeboobop

5.0 out of 5 stars This Supergirl statue from the Bishoujo line is SUPER adorable. A+!!!, July 24, 2011
R. A. McDowell "WWSista" (San Antonio, Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Kotobukiya Kotobukiya DC Comics: Supergirl Bishoujo Statue (Toy)
The DC Bishoujo line is off to a terrific start, and this was one of the first pieces created. The premise of the series of statues is to combine the iconic comic characters with Anime style faces and physiques, and it is done brilliantly. This sculpture captures a playful and innocent tone, and the statue almost literally appears to float in the clouds, as most of the support is based on one point on the foot, but without compromising the structural integrity of the piece at all. Add to that the adorable Streaky the super cat, and you have one very unique piece that will absolutely stand out in your collection. If you're a fan of Supergirl, or just Anime heroines in general, then this is a must have for your collection. It's still priced at a GREAT bargain, but that won't last, since all of these pieces are limited edition runs. If you love Supergirl, you won't be disappointed by adding this statue to your collection.

Thanks so much for your time folks.
Sincerely, R.A. McDowell

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful, April 21, 2013
Ok, let me brake it down for you. I've seen my fair share of Super Girl action figures and statues. None....let me tell you, none compares to this one. Why? Not because of the details, well yeah that too, but mostly because it has the best looking face of them all. You will fall in love with this chick. And to top it all off.....her sexy underwear (bikini) can be seen. Super hot! I suggest you pick this one up right away!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Bishoujos, January 31, 2013
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
I own almost all the DC/Marvel Bishoujos. I just got her recently (for a high price, like $72!!) She was worth it, though. Ok, I generally don't like anime faces on my characters (then why buy Bishoujos?) but a lot of these statues are pretty good. This one really works out because she kind of looks anime-ish and kind of like the Supergirl in the Superman TAS series and kind of like the Supergirl in her animated movie.

It's bc of this likeness that I like the statue a lot. My perceived memories of her are not from comic books, but from cartoons. So it works out.

Plus, the statue is just a very good sculpt. Not weird or way off like Storm. Not an odd size like Ms. Marvel or Phoenix (who I find to be too small). Not boring like Rogue. She's just overall, a great piece. She's the only Supergirl statue I have and probably the only one I need. I am considering the Cover Girls statue but I'm still on the fence about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Beauty, November 18, 2011
I recently just started collecting and before I really did not have any interest in statues. I saw Bishoujo DC and Marvel lines and was drawn in by the detail, what can I say I'm a sucker for a pretty face. Mine just arrived today and I'm glad that I made the purchase. Kotobukiya just keeps rolling out stunning figures and Supergirl is no exception. I highly recommend that anyone collecting to add this figure, you won't be disappointed. As with the other figures in the line, face and body style are amazing. The only thing a little off is the S on her chest, but I consider that minor due to the fact they did a great job on the rest. Most of the characters in the Bishoujo line can still be found for affordable prices (for now), the problem that now when I think about it is not really a problem is that if you see one you like there will be more to follow. So far I have Catwoman and now this one with more on the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Girl of Steel. And her...cat., December 5, 2012
Yay Supergirl! I've always found her (and all the teenage side kicks, really) much more entertaining than her male counterpart. Supergirl is allowed to make mistakes and be a normal person. Well, at least as normal as someone with all her powers can be. I can relate to her much more than I ever could to Superman, who was always so straight and never seemed to have 'serious' problems (because, you know, the world being in danger of destruction/enslavement is totally not serious). I don't mean to say I don't like Superman or all the adult heroes. I just like Supergirl and the younger heroes more. They're allowed to change.

Is this Kara? We're going to just say that, yes, this is Kara, to save time, because Supergirl's origin story is crazy (thank you Escapist and MovieBob for trying to make sense of it). Anyway, this is Supergirl as done by Kotobukiya. Those of you familiar with Kotobukiya, especially their Bishoujo (literally 'pretty girl') line, know to expect two things: amazing craftsmanship and nice...um...'attention to detail in certain areas'. And Kotobukiya makes no exceptions here. In fact, you might say they upped the bar slightly in one of those two categories. I'll explain.

The detail on Supergirl is flawless, or nearly-so. Her outfit has little folds and ruffles in it, giving the illusion that she is wearing clothes and that they aren't just painted on. Her cape really does look like it's flying behind her, with the folds running through it. Her hair, like her cape, is whipping behind her head and the tips of some of the strands are slightly translucent. The symbol on her chest (her very, very well-developed chest), is detailed nicely and comes together well with the rest of her top. Her boots are simple, looking like something she may have stolen from Wonder Woman's closet, but nicely crafted. They have little folds near her ankles, giving the impression that she is bending her feet. Her skit is ruffled, as you might expect from someone flying in the clouds, and it flares up and flows nicely and, uh...

Okay, they're red. Don't ask me "What's red?" You know exactly what I'm talking about. Her panties are red. Don't tell me that wasn't one of the first questions that went through you mind when you saw this, because the picture is practically demanding you to wonder about it. "Gee, her skirt is flared up in the back. I wonder what they decided to do. Is she wearing shorts under the skirt, or did they really...?" Remember how I said that Kotobukiya might have upped the bar a bit? This is it. They upped the sexual bar a bit. Because Supergirl appears to be wearing a thong. She's not (don't worry parents), but she's leaning forward just enough that the angle makes it appear that she is. Serious fan service going on here. I can't help but think that Superman would be mortified if his cousin was flying around like this. "Put some clothes on, you're embarrassing me!" To which all the young men (and perhaps a few women) of Metropolis would shout, "Hell no! We like cheesecake!" So, there's your answer. They're red. Moving on.
Her figure is beautiful to look at (stop looking up her skirt!) and, as I've already said, extremely detailed. They even painted her fingernails, something I didn't notice at first. Her face in marvelous too, because what would be a Kotobukiya statue without a knock-out face? She has a playful expression on her mouth, teeth included, almost as if she's playing tag with her cat--who I will get to in a moment. Her eyes are a striking green and they even took the time to give her a little bit of eye makeup. You can see her eyelashes and eyebrows. Everything about her look screams Supergirl, the fun-loving cousin of Superman.

Then there's the cat. Who, thank goodness, is not looking up in the slightest, because then it gets a little ackward. Streaky the Supercat. Not as much care went into Streaky as it did with Supergirl. He does look like he has fur, there is the yellow line running through his white lightening bolt, and his cape is flowing just like Supergirl's. But the eyes. The dead, souless eyes. They look like someone just put two drops of black paint on the eyeballs and called it good. They just stare at you, watching you, making you feel bad because you know what color Supergirl's panties are, because you looked!...please don't kill me Streaky (shutters).

There are two small complaints I have about this statue. The first is the base. It's suppose to be a cloud, and Supergirl fits nicely into her little spot. No problems there. But the cloud just looks...cheap, I guess? It doesn't really look like a cloud, but more like foam, or maybe crystal that has been weathered down. More fluff and circles next time, Kotobukiya. Like in cartoons I suppose. My other small complaint is her hair. I know I praised it before, but on my statue you can clearly see the lines separating the four pieces that make up her hair. The seams between the plastic are not as flawless as they could have been. However, you can only notice this if you're looking at the top of her head, which you won't be looking at (Streaky says to stop looking at the skirt!). Put her on a shelf with your other statues and you'll never notice the hair.

Educational--Supergirl's peg A on the bottom of her left leg goes into cloud-base slot A, while Streaky's hip peg A goes into cloud-base slot B. Good job.

Bottom line--Kotobukiya steps up to the plate, knocks it out of the park, everyone cheers, nothing new. These guys really know what they're doing. If you're a fan of Supergirl, there's no question. The cat is a big miss (by Kotobukiya standards anyway) and the statue would have been fine without him. Especially those souless eyes, silently judging you...brrr.
Power Girl is next. That should be...entertaining.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Girl of Steel, August 30, 2011
A Kid's Review
WOW Kotobukiya just keeps giving this DC Comic Bishoujo line the royal treatment. This PVC statue is a blast. The base itself is molded out of clear plastic with a semi-tranparent cloud formation that the Supergirl figure itself pegs into to give her an appearence of floating on air and tagging along is SG's own pet "Streaky the Supercat". It almost looks like they are playing "tag" up in the clouds.

Now the sculpt of Supergirl herself is very playful and depending on your personal "views" fun or kinky. She is all deck out in her most current outfit which since she has a mini-skirt you can see all the way to "Paris, France" (she sports a red thong). I did take note that while earlier releases from Kotobukiya had a rich metallic color scheme Supergirl does not. SG actually resembles what she is a "plastic or PVC" statue. Batgirl had this metallic sheen to the outfit she had on the only clues that she was made out of PVC were her cape and cowl. Catwoman had this "wet" gloss to her catsuit, and Wonder Woman had just about all her outfit and accessories in either a shiny gloss or metallic sheen to it. Supergirl has next to nothing of those vibrant colors;she does sport some metallic gold on the top of her boots and the outer rim of her cape. The "S" shield appears to have been an after thought since it is somewhat mis-shapened (almost like they did this great sculpt of a flying girl and forgot that it was suppose to be Supergirl and hastily added a "Superman-S" to it).

Don't get me wrong it is a very nifty and playful PVC statue of Supergirl and I would reccommend it to all the fans of the Girl of Steel, I just wish Kotobukiya had given SG the color treatment they gave their three previous DC Bishoujo statues.

5.0 out of 5 stars She will love it, April 25, 2014
My daughter just freaked out when she saw this statue so I knew it was a "find". This is a surprise and she will squeak and squeal all over the place about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute!, January 13, 2014
Very well made and the paint is well done. Very cute, especially with Streaky the Supercat! A must have if you are a Supergirl fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous statue with excellent quality control, August 13, 2013
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars
The sculpt is wonderful, and the paint is nearly flawless. The only flaw that I detected is a minor one, on the hair there are some separate pieces that glued on, and you can see the seam lines. But that's a very minor gripe, it's really a terrific display piece. Streaky the Super Cat is also removable from the base, in case you don't want the cat there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kara and Streaky, May 31, 2013
I bought the black version and had it signed, mint in box by Laura Vandervoort. However, by keeping the resolve of maintaining a Mint-in-box Statue with true value to it, I bought the traditional Blue suited Super Girl. I love the sculpt and I love her expression. Shipping was fast and easy and the condition of the box was great. However, with that being said, I do have one gripe about this statue. The way she is designed, her base connects to one of her feet via a wooden peg. You need to be very careful putting this in, because if the peg breaks you will have no luck getting this to stand up. It wobbles a bit due to the design but overall I would buy this again in a heart beat. This is a great compliment to my Jim Lee Superman statue and I love the sculpt.