Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Slimmy - A Super Slim Wallet Alternative
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 22, 2010
Thin, light, and minimalist. It's exactly as described. I can fit cash and 5-8 cards comfortably, I don't carry more than that nowadays.
77 comments| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2006
I want to give you an idea of the textures and construction of the wallet. To do so, I have to explain to you that the Slimmy is constructed from two pieces of material. One of the pieces of material is a thin sheet of leather. On top of this is laid a thin piece of textured fabric, like nylon, and when you scrape your fingernail across it, it makes a zipping sound. They appear to be glued together and the leather, which is slightly larger than the liner, is folded over and sewed along its edges. Now that the fabrics are stuck together, they are folded so that the liner is on the inside, and then folded again perpendicular to the first fold. The wallet is then sewed along the edge where the two leather creases are next to each other. This means that there are 4 flaps. The first has leather/liner, then liner/leather, then leather/liner then liner/leather. This creates three pockets, two of which have liner on both sides and one of which has leather on both sides. In the leather pocket, they recommend placing your credit cards and in the liner pockets they recommend placing receipts and cash.

The leather "sticks" more to plastic items, whereas the liner is more appropriate to holding in the paper items.

I bought this specifically because I wanted a wallet alternative. I wanted something that would both be slim, and yet be cleverly functional. The fact that it has three pockets is really great. Separating out your cash, cards, and receipts is perfect. Even "normal" wallets provide almost no acceptable way of storing receipts. Using the Slimmy will also teach you to limit the number of cards you carry. I carry four: a debit card, a credit card, health insurance card, and driver's license.

I also looked a lot at the All-Ett. The main difference here is that the All-Ett gains its slimness from the fact that you have two rows of cards. This means that instead of your wallet being fat, it's twice as high. It also introduces an extra step in removing cards, since it's folded over. I sort of view that as cheating. It's like saying that your cell phone is thinner, even though it's twice as wide and harder to open.

It really all boils down to a few things. Slimmy puts a limit on how many cards I can carry, which is a good thing if you're looking for a thin wallet, right? 20 cards in the All-Ett will still make it thicker than 5 cards in the Slimmy. Slimmy also provides a sensible way of dealing with the cash/card/receipt problem, providing the perfect number of slots, and providing the perfect texture for each. Slimmy makes it easy for me to obtain items from it; since each item is exposed, there's no need for me to unfold anything.
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2004
This is a perfect front pocket wallet. I typically keep about ten bills and about eight credit cards, IDs, business cards, etc. It works great and helps to keep me organized. I have never had anything fall out, and I barely notice that it is in my front pocket.

I agree with the reviewer who suggests looking at the Koyono web site for a better view and explanation of how it works.
on October 17, 2005
If you are looking for a slim wallet to carry your essentials, look no further. I just received mine and it is indeed a design and quality.

The USPS took around 9 business days to ship here to Montreal Canada so although it wasn't the fastest shipping, it did arrive within the estimated arrival date. I would of liked it if there was a receipt of my purchase with the package but I guess it isn't a big deal as you could simply print the automated email that is sent to you.

When I opened the package I thought to myself "Wow, that's it? pretty slim." but as I added stuff into the wallet like a few bills and 4 cards, I understood why this is a unique product. The concept is dead-simple but it works. Everything is easily accessed and tight so nothing falls off. As the leather will shape into the cards, the leather might loosen up so I guess at that point you'd have to add a bit more like another card to tighten it but that's it.

This was one of the first wallets I noticed online. I shopped around, looked at the many wallets that Amazon and other online stores offered and I still came back to the Slimmy and gave it a try. I say that this one is a keeper.
on July 6, 2004
This is a great wallet, I'm very pleased with its sturdy construction and slim size. It holds all my credit cards, id cards, and money with room to spare. I highly reccomend it to anyone who is sick of their bulky wallet, or anyone who wants some protection from being pick pocketed, especially those who travel often or live in a city.
on September 29, 2005
This is a very simple wallet, but it is just right. I have had my wallet for about two months now and not had a single problem with anything falling out( in contrast to the other reviews). It is exactly what someone looking for a small wallet needs. You will not be disappointed.
on September 28, 2005
I love the Slimmy. I have been carrying my Slimmy since December 2003. I love it. It carries what I need in the most compact manner.

I often do not carry a wallet in my back pocket but in jacket pockets, shirt pockets, the front pocket of my pants, or in the outer pocket of my briefcase. The Slimmy fits in all of these places perfectly. The Slimmy is not a full wallet. You cannot carrying tons of extra things in it. In my Slimmy, I carry what I need daily - usually $100, my office access card, my driver's license, my debit card, a credit card, my car insurance card, my health insurance card and four business cards. There's room left for charge card receipts.

The Slimmy is certainly better than a money clip and it is a wallet alternative. It is perfect for airports where you have to constantly get out and stow your driver's license.

If you are tired of lugging around tons of crap in your back pocket check out the Slimmy. After close to two years of daily use mine is in perfect condition and I'll never have another full wallet again.
on August 8, 2005
Don't get me wrong. I really, really like my Slimmy. But I don't really understand some of extremely passionate reviews for this thing. After all, it is only a wallet.

But, as you can tell from the other reviews, it is not a traditional wallet. Because of the design, it forces you to be a little more organized and to only carry what you really need. And putting bills into your wallet is a little more difficult than with a conventional wallet. But, it's REALLY, REALLY small. I carry almost everything I carried in my old wallet (which, admittedly wasn't all that much), and it's still about one-third of the size. That small size is well worth any slight inconvenience. Also, I don't know why people have things falling out of it -- I keep it in my backpocket, no rubber band, and I've never had a problem.
on September 26, 2005
I was skeptical at first, thinking I'd use the Slimmy for special occaisions only, but I love this thing and use it everyday. I still have that 'brick' for the stuff I rarely use, but the Slimmy has helped me reduce back strain and stay organized, not allowing me to build up a bag log of receipts and biz cards. It takes a week of use for the leather to conform to your stuff. Once that happens things don't fall out any more than they do with a billfold. People comment on it when I pull it out. Very sharp.

The transaction was flawless.
on December 9, 2012
This is an amazing wallet. I've previously made wallets out of Duck Tape because I could not find any that were slim enough for my needs. This wallet is everything I need without looking haggard and downright silly with my homemade wallets. I carry my ID, two credit cards, a few bills (dollars) folded in half (sometimes with a few coins sandwiched inbetween), and other misc business cards and stuff; and this wallet has never dropped or otherwise dropped the ball with my expectations of what a wallet should do. I HIGHLY recommend this wallet for anyone who wants to pack light for everyday carry.