4.0 out of 5 stars Comparing Kraft's 'Deluxe' mac & cheese dinners
Amazon sells four Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Deluxe dinners. They're all pretty good. Each uses packets of cheese sauce, not packets of powder, so the cheese is never clumpy and distributes itself evenly. My husband, teenage daughter and I cooked up all four and did our own taste test. Here's what we found:

The Original Cheddar flavor (Kraft Macaroni & Cheese...
Published on May 22, 2007 by Julie Neal

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Okay
Published on January 27, 2008 by Sarah Ginn

4.0 out of 5 stars Comparing Kraft's 'Deluxe' mac & cheese dinners, May 22, 2007
This review is from: Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Deluxe Dinner, Sharp Cheddar, 14-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12) (Grocery)

The Original Cheddar flavor (Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Deluxe Dinner, 14-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 8)) is good. Plenty creamy, it tastes like a homemade version of the Kraft standard (i.e., Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Scooby Doo Shapes, 5.5-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 24)).

This one, the Sharp Cheddar flavor, is slightly tastier, and has a subtle smoky aftertaste.

The light meal (Kraft Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner - Light, 14 oz) is pretty good, but when you try it side-by-side with the original flavor you can tell it's not as rich. Still, if you only buy this one you'll be happy. If you're counting calories go for it.

The Four Cheese meal (Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Deluxe Dinner, Four Cheese Sauce, 14-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)) is, in our opinion, the best. With the most cheese flavor, it combines American, cheddar, colby and parmesan, and tastes similar to what you'd find at a decent restaurant. The parmesan flavor is especially noticeable.

These Deluxe dinners cost about twice as much as the basic Kraft boxes, but in each case you can really taste the difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comparing Kraft's 'Deluxe' mac & cheese dinners, May 22, 2007

The Sharp Cheddar flavor (Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Deluxe Dinner, Sharp Cheddar, 14-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)) is slightly tastier, and has a subtle smoky aftertaste.

The light meal (Kraft Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner - Light, 14 oz) is pretty good, ut when you try it side by side with the original flavor you can tell it's not as rich. Still, if you only buy this one you'll be happy. If you're counting calories go for it.

But it's this one, the Four Cheese meal, that's the best. With the most cheese flavor, it combines American, cheddar, colby and parmesan, and tastes similar to what you'd find at a decent restaurant. The parmesan flavor is especially noticeable.

5.0 out of 5 stars More mac & cheese please., August 12, 2012
I love mac & cheese but haven't been able to eat the stuff with powder as it causes diarrhea every time I try & eat some. So it was with great aprehension that I tried this. Oh boy! Now I can enjoy mac & cheese again. The liquid cheese sauce is great with good flavor. So happy! Really good.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Okay, January 27, 2008
Sarah Ginn (St. Albans USA) - See all my reviews
Usually, I buy store brand macaroni and cheese but these were going to be roughly the same unit price. I thought that the brand name item would be better than the generic, so I bought a pack of six. Honestly, the generic is better. The cheese sauce in the Kraft is not as creamy, and it doesn't have as strong of a cheese taste. It seems like there is just enough cheese sauce to barely cover the noodles even though I squeezed as much out of the package as I could. Overall, it's okay and we'll eat what we bought, but I'm sticking to the generic when I need to buy more.

1.0 out of 5 stars The cheese is like shoe leather, April 30, 2014
jicase3 (Oakley, IL United States) - See all my reviews
The cheese is old in these boxes. The cheese is hard to mix in with the macaroni. We were disappointed in the quality of the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, June 25, 2013
Who doesn't love mac n cheese! Great deal on 4 pkgs and shipped free with prime membership, what could be better mac n cheese delived to your door.

5.0 out of 5 stars quick and easy, May 14, 2013
very simple and easy to follow even the young adults can follow the instructions and is an additives to meals at anytime.

5.0 out of 5 stars This just made my day!, February 1, 2012
Every grocery store I know of stopped selling the Sharp Cheddar flavor of Kraft Deluxe Mac & Cheese... The sharp cheddar flavor is superior to all other flavors... Thank god I just renewed my Amazon prime membership! This is the best mac & cheese known to man. Seriously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and superb, June 20, 2011
Re:Four Cheese sauce had a little recipe on the box, so I tried it........and loved it, Mmm good.
Add some Italian sausage and sweet peppers, onions, and I was in Heaven.
I do a lot of cooking (supervising) and this was just outstanding.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't taste good, September 20, 2008
ARS (Syosset, NY USA) - See all my reviews
No one in my family likes the taste of the cheese in this particular Deluxe brand of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. We thought it would taste like or better than the original but it does not. It has a very strange taste that we found inedible. Better to buy one box first before buying this 12-pack only to find out you don't like it.

$55.02
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.