Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kreg SML-C125-100 1-1/4-Inch 8-Coarse Washer-Head Pocket Screws, 100-Count
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 15, 2011
Kreg screws are great for their intended purpose of making pocket-hole joints in woodwork, and the Kreg system of joinery is indeed all it's cracked up to be in terms of strength and ease of use, but I have found myself using the screws in all sorts of other wood-fastening applications, anywhere you want to fasten two boards together. The 1.25" screws are just right for lapping one 3/4" board onto another, and the 2.5" ones work well for 2x4s, etc. You can use them in any application where you don't mind the washer head showing, or you can use the Kreg-supplied drill bit to countersink the heads for filling in with wood filler. The great advantage of these screws is that their self-tapping tips are significantly less likely to split smaller wood pieces than are conventional wood screws. Also, they are easy-driving and very strong. Having used quite a few in various sizes now on several projects, I have yet to strip one of the square-drive heads or break one.
on September 23, 2014
These are great screws. I love the fact that are self tapping and typically don't split the wood. I did have a few pieces of wood that kept splitting but I think that was more the wood than the screws.

I bought similar screws but a different brand before and the heads would snap off under too much torque (which was not much), these ones have never snapped. I do wish they came in a brown color as well because I love these so much that I use them in exposed places as well and not only in pocket holes.

Do buy these!
on October 24, 2011
This was the first time I used the Kreg system and it work well. It was easy to use and held parts well. The screws seem to be of good quality. I did not have any heads snap and the wood did not split when screwing together a birch face frame.
on November 26, 2015
This (1-1/4 coarse) is my go to pocket hole screw, the size and thread that I use 80 percent of the time. Perfect for most 3/4 inch case work. I've gotten to like these Kreg screws so much I've begun to use them for all kinds of things from pocket hole joinery to screwing electrical boxes to studs to making outdoor furniture. I've yet to break on off or strip out one head and I use an impact driver most of the time. Couldn't be quicker or easier. These guys self drill, hold like crazy and don't split or drive in too far like sheetrock screws can.
on October 7, 2015
If you are using the Kreg pocket-hole jig, these are the right screws for 3/4" to 1" soft wood stock.

The coarse threads are great for soft woods (pine, etc.), though you CAN still strip the wood if you use too much force setting the screw. These provide excellent hold dry, and are amazing clamping devices for glue curing.

I recommend these pocket-hole screws for Kreg jig work.
on November 6, 2013
A little pricey, but works as intended. Re-use is much longer before the head breaks off compared to drywall screws if you use them for temp holding. A good quality wood screw. I most often use them with the pocket hole jig, but I find myself using them instead of drywall screws. Must stronger and last longer with reusing the screws for temp holding.
on June 1, 2016
What can be said about a screw? Well plenty if you are talking about a Kreg screw when used in conjunction with the Kreg system. I use my Kreg screws to build frames, book shelves and cabinets.

These are perfect for hidden enforcement. Interior screws. Perfect for many types of projects and they are very strong screws.
on December 28, 2015
If you're purchasing these screws, it is most likely that you also have a Kreg jig and know what you're doing with them. In terms of general use though, these are perfect for other jobs requiring a larger footprint for the screw head.

Size is exact and work exactly as advertised.
on February 16, 2016
If you use one of KREG's pocket hole jigs these screws are a must. Sure, you can buy a bigger box of screws locally from a big box type store but they never seem to fit right and the joint doesn't feel quite as solid. Buy these screws!
on June 25, 2016
Maybe I wasn't using it for the right application. I was joining pine boards and these screws stripped out the hole 20% of the time. They seem to not have enough bite to really pull the material together without striping. I ended up having to face screw to ensure a tight join.