Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 29, 2013
This pickup is a good way to amplify your ukulele it sounds great and is dead easy to install. You just loosen the strings at the bridge and slip it under them then re-tune the ukulele. I have three of these and am quite happy with them.

Here are a few hints:

Make sure your ukulele is the type that the strings wrap around the bridge because this pickup is installed by trapping it under the strings where they wrap around the bridge. It is not suitable on ukuleles where the strings have a ball at the end or where you tie a knot in the end of the string.

This is a passive pickup so you will need some kind of preamp between it and your amp.

This pickup is very sensitive and will pickup anything that rubs on the cable that plugs into it such as your sleeve or dangling on your leg , A very effective solution to this, though not a very elegant one, is to stick the cable to the ukulele body with a ball of Blu-Tack. This tames the micro-phonics from the cable rubbing on anything past the Blu-Tack itself.

on June 19, 2013
Nice pick up that fits only certain ukuleles, so make sure there is room on the bridge.
Construction of pick up rather delicate. Mini to phono cord is cheaply made, May last a few gigs.
I'm going to find a sturdier cord at a electronic store, one that is sealed at the wire/plug connection.
Or buy some heat-sink wrap to reinforce the wire to mini & phono adapters.
Overall, the pick up sounds fine, looks better than the stick-on passive.Sounds slightly better because of the bridge location, evenly picks up all the strings, instead of just one spot were it's stuck to.
Time will tell how long this product will last, kind of expensive for what this is.
It's an encased under bridge pickup strip, wired to a mini female adapter.
on March 27, 2014
I put this on my ukulele because I had to perform in front of an audience and need to amplify. This worked perfectly for that purpose. Easy installation. The included cable is the weak link here, it is quite thin and noisy. I put a strap on my ukulele and wrap the cable around the inside of the strap at the end pin, like I would do with a guitar. I thought about installing and under saddle or K&K, but this was relatively cheap, easy to install AND has good tone.
on May 25, 2013
Bought one of these for my Ohana SK-35G soprano ukulele. I was in the market of purchasing another ukulele, but after seeing a demo and heard the sound produced through an amp I was sold on buying one of these and installing it on my uke. IT SOUNDS SO AWESOME!!!!! The price is worth it, it was easy to install, and it came with a cable. And not to mention it looks great! I recommend this passive pick to anyone who is looking for an alternative to spending a lot of money for a acoustic electric ukulele, but then you can't have to many ukuleles either.
review image review image review image review image review image
on October 30, 2013
After researching simple ways to put a pickup on my ukulele, I chose the Kremona UK-1 pickup. Installation is very easy. Sound quality is decent, although I've not owned a factory-installed uke for comparison. When I've tried electric ukes in stores I've felt the sounds were harsh. The Kremona seems more mellow. I have a quality Fishman Artist amplifier that allows me to adjust tone and give plenty of volume. I have the Kremona on both my tenor and baritone ukuleles. You have to be careful when playing or the pickup will amplify unwanted sounds - rubbing or moving the chord that dangles from the pickup, or knocking the bridge. When playing chords using a "chunking" technique, my shirt sleeve will sometimes rub against the bridge causing an unwanted thud to the chunk. To avoid this I roll up my sleeve and I'm looking for a velcro-fastened band for around the wrist to hold the shirt sleeve snug. Someday I hope to own an electric uke with a factory installed pickup, or better yet a custom installed pickup. My ukes cost about $200 each. I'm experimenting with different strings - low G on the tenor, and all nylon on the baritone - to learn which sounds I like best with my pickup and amp. I initially tried using a microphone to amplify the ukulele, but had too much feedback. I would have needed a quality mic, which was fairly expensive and required me to sit in one place. These limitations were another reason for selecting the Kremona pickup. It's a reasonable compromise among the various ways to have an electric uke, and you'll probably be more satisfied if paired with a good amplifier.
on September 29, 2015
I have purchased two pickups, one for my high-g tenor ukulele and one for my Low-G instrument. They are easy to install and the sound, to my ear, is lovely. I have one ukulele that uses pins on the bridge to fasten the strings and this pickup will not work on this instrument, and since this device fits under the tied strings on the bridge make sure your instrument is suitable.
on January 3, 2015
**Update**
The darn thing snapped when I plugged in the wire. Oh well. It didn't sound very good after repeated playing. Not gig quality. I'm glad it broke before I went on tour. Save you money and just buy a Ukulele with a built in pickup, or get a pickup that you can drill into your current Uke. It's cheap and easy to install, but it's crappy sounding and breaks easy.
on November 26, 2013
Sounded great...for 4 months. Now it cuts in and out and stopped working all together. Not for the gigging musician. Yet, I'm stuck ordering a second one to get me by until I get a new uke that's worth putting a nicer pickup into.
on February 21, 2015
I LOVED the sound picked up by this device. It was easy to install and in vintage instruments, it let's you retain the natural state of your instrument. However, it is very delicate. I accidentally stepped on the cord and it snapped off. I work in dark venues and so this is just not practical for me.
on July 6, 2014
The sound is amazingly clean. Could even make a shitty uke sound much more decent, but now... With a Lanikai the tone you can get is so rich and smooth. Its awesome how thanks to this you can potentially tune plugged in to a chromatic tuner, even add delays, or simply just connect it to a whole rig of pedals. Its truly amazing i must confess. The ONLY issue is that the pickup is very fragile, you just have to be very cautious and hopefully it won't break. But really other than that. I love it. I didn't want to have to modify my ukelele and with this passive pickup, i didnt have to.