4.0 out of 5 stars A fun beach read
I'm not a huge fan of the Kardashians, but I do watch the show from time to time and find it fun when I do. I bought this book bc it was on sale for $3.99 and I'm very happy I did. As someone who doesn't know tons about the family, I thought the book was interesting and engaging. I flew through it.

Unlike so many reviewers I didn't think the OJ chapters were...
Published on June 10, 2012 by Krista Quinn

1.0 out of 5 stars A Self Serving Nothing-Burger
Published on November 4, 2011 by Chimichurri

1.0 out of 5 stars A Self Serving Nothing-Burger, November 4, 2011
I have been a huge Kardashian fan for years but lately I'm feeling quite swindled by them. I ran to Sears to buy the Kardashian Kollection only to be so disappointed by the high price points and exceptionally low quality of every single piece in their collection. Then I hear Khloe describe Michelle Obama's Target and JCrew wardrobe as "pretend poor" and "cheap suburban tack". This coming from a family who are now peddling their own high priced cheap tack. But, okay - I'm still a fan. So I went to Ridgewood, NJ to see Kris and was so excited to get her book. She rushed us along and came across as cold and insincere. Maybe she's not the PR maestro people are painting her as since it seemed the damage control blitz had clearly gotten to her.

Well, I still had the book to look forward to. I read it cover to cover and again, I felt like I'd been had. There was lots of self aggrandizing and little else. Her family was great, she could have saved Nicole Brown Simpson had it not been for exceptional mothering skills that got in the way of that, and she is a good Christian who is very blessed. It wasn't even well written. It was a clunky read that made getting through it cumbersome. Ugh! I'm so disappointed. I'm feeling like a sucker for allowing myself to be a pawn in their game. I won't let that happen anymore.

1.0 out of 5 stars Self-serving Disappointment, November 3, 2011
This review is from: Kris Jenner . . . And All Things Kardashian (Hardcover)
As an avid reader and book reviewer taking a break from fictional interests, I chose this new book for a little light reading. Wow, what a disappointment. Kris Jenner has such a sense of self entitlement. Further, her exploitation of Nicole Brown Simpson is shameful. Jenner has been handed way to much power, and it is obvious she thinks she is now one step away from playing God. A couple of areas are mildly interesting but nothing we haven't heard before through other media. I read the other reviews and realized that the 5-star ones are probably Kardashians. We know they're a sneaky bunch. Don't waste your time with this book...so many other wonderful autobiographies out there.

1.0 out of 5 stars If you're already a fan - THIS IS NOTHING NEW, November 2, 2011
This review is from: Kris Jenner . . . And All Things Kardashian (Hardcover)
Nothing new here! Same old story about how hard her kids work, her involvement with OJ Simpsons wife, all very vague. Ive seen every episode (what can I say im a fan, its what brought you here too right!? lol but really, no excitement...no dirty gossip, big news, or anything you havent already heard on the show. Follow the other viewers advice and just save your money. I borrowed this from a friend and Im glad I did, because it is not worth the buy. And I am not even a cheap person lol... =)

1.0 out of 5 stars Meh, November 5, 2011
This review is from: Kris Jenner . . . And All Things Kardashian (Hardcover)
I am definitely caught up with the K's but couldn't resist buying Kris' autobiography. However, dedicating 75% of her memoir to her friendship with Nicole Brown Simpson was in bad taste. As another commentator said, OJ didn't get away with it; and as fans of RHOBH would know, "the morally corrupt Faye Resnick" couldn't either. It just seems exploitative even if she had the best of intentions to preserve Nicole's memory. It was interesting though to hear about how she and her ex Robert were torn apart even further by the trial. She almost alludes to Robert aiding and abetting OJ in several instances.

I was annoyed that she spent most of the time talking about her relationship with Robert and how cheating on him was her biggest regret in life, barely mentioning Bruce then proclaiming Bruce to be the love of her life. Poor Bruce.

Kris never once brought up Kim's sex tape and the family's subsequent rise to fame piggybacking off of it. She glossed over that, as well as her dislike for Scott Disick just saying that now he's a good dad and it's all good. She hated Scott from episode 1 of season 1 before his drinking problem was documented. She also said he hasn't had a drink in over a year which is false as viewers of the show would know.

It's obvious to see Kim has very low self-esteem and her poor choice in men is explained a bit re: her first marriage. It's also easy to see Kim does whatever Kris (mom) says which Kris freely admits. I thought it was super weird how she admitted how much she enjoyed having Khloe be homeschooled so Khloe could take care of her youngest two daughters while Kris got to play tennis and get her hair done (her words).

The other odd thing was the juxtaposition between her evangelical Christian views sprinkled throughout while namedropping celeb friends, luxury brands and the like. Not saying she can't be a Christian but it seems odd since she doesn't speak this way on her show very often with the exception of Pastor Brad appearing from time to time.

Finally, Kris would have been better suited writing a guide to being a momager or a 'creating your own brand' type of self-help book. Her spunkiness and relentlessness are definitely the fun parts of her personality but it sounded awkward in an autobiographical book. Kris sounded like a ditzy teen throughout and certain parts were clunky, as another reviewer commented.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, November 12, 2011
This review is from: Kris Jenner . . . And All Things Kardashian (Hardcover)
This book is about as big of a joke as this family is. First off, the book is not written well and goes all over the place. Second, Kris has written this book to make her family look like glowing sweethearts, which is a joke if you've ever seen one of their shows. Third - and this is the worst part - Kris seems to think she's some sort of saint and goes on and on about how she's a Christian (yeah, she's real Christ-like...)and how blessed she's been by God. Uh, no sweetie. If you really think that God is rewarding you and your family for acting like trash on television, you're deluded. Your "blessings" are simply a combination of pure luck and your willingness to do anything for a buck.

Don't waste your money on this crap. It's so bad I'm sure it will be in the dollar stores within the next few months.

1.0 out of 5 stars Brown family is calling this book - Kardashian profiteer-mom, November 10, 2011
This review is from: Kris Jenner . . . And All Things Kardashian (Hardcover)
Blasted by Nicole Brown's Family "Haven't they made enough?" Denise added. "Nicole has been dead for 17 years. Please, Kris, don't profit off of my sister's horrible death." What's worse, Denise says Kris' version of events - as detailed in the newly released "Kris Jenner...and All Things Kardashian" - is not even accurate! "Haven't they made enough?" Denise added. "Nicole has been dead for 17 years. Please, Kris, don't profit off of my sister's horrible death."

1.0 out of 5 stars The Ego Book..., November 3, 2011
This review is from: Kris Jenner . . . And All Things Kardashian (Hardcover)
Basically, this book is just an extension of the show and things you already know supplemented with the horrific sensationalizing of Nicole Brown Simpson and her death to sell books (if we wouldn't allow OJ to do it, why would it be okay for anyone else to do it!?). Since they have sold their entire lives to the media through there show, there is nothing left to read about! Seriously! It is a boring read...thank goodness it was a loaner read. Just wait and see, you will be very disappointed if you buy this book. You will close it going - "What the ...!" I can't get that time back! This is a book Kris Jenner wrote because before the scandal and lies broke out, she felt like her "brand" was moving in such a direction that she could make more than the 10% off her daughters and make a paycheck for herself...which she did already when she and the publisher inked the deal.

I have to give it at least one (1) Star but I would not rate it with any stars at all if I could.

Shame on you Kris Jenner....let the fleecing of the public continue.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO I HAVE TO DRAW YOU A PICTURE?, November 11, 2011
This review is from: Kris Jenner . . . And All Things Kardashian (Hardcover)
Okay, I give this "author" the ability to actually write words, and not draw, but on paper, this tribe of nothings comes across as even more vapid than they do on television.
For God's sake America, stop accepting trash like this as entertainment!
I was disappointed to find this book carried at my local grocery store (which is where I spent about ten minutes looking through it, which is about nine minutes more than it was worth) but did make my own small stand against the book by shoving it behind a pile of other books on the rack.

1.0 out of 5 stars SAVE YOUR MONEY, November 7, 2011
This review is from: Kris Jenner . . . And All Things Kardashian (Hardcover)
Ok, I admit it. I drank the Kardashian Koolaid for awhile, but no more. Kris' book is a pathetic, expensive, and desperate piece of work that I hope people will boycott. Haven't we had enough of the whole Kardashian thing?!?!? in the book, Kris rides on the coat tails of the sensationalism of Nicole Simpson's murder, her deceased ex husband's participation in OJ's trial, and exploitation of her family's privacy as a way to "hook" readers into buying her book. And am I the only one who suspects the "convieniant" timing of this book's release with Kim's sudden divorce announcement?? Readers: this book is an egotistical hot mess, and DEFINITELY not worth the price of admission.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgusting and shameful!, November 6, 2011
These people are riding off the backs of two deceased people. They have used Robert Kardashian's name for all it is worth. His daughter used him for her wedding sequence. Nicole Brown's (RIP)family did not need this to have been brought up once again. This is one selfish, digusting, money grubbing family.

I skimmed through the book at "Borders" and don't waste your money.

Kris Jenner . . . And All Things Kardashian
Kris Jenner . . . And All Things Kardashian by Kris Jenner (Hardcover - November 1, 2011)
$26.00 $20.99