Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

Format: Paperback|Change

on November 4, 2011
I have been a huge Kardashian fan for years but lately I'm feeling quite swindled by them. I ran to Sears to buy the Kardashian Kollection only to be so disappointed by the high price points and exceptionally low quality of every single piece in their collection. Then I hear Khloe describe Michelle Obama's Target and JCrew wardrobe as "pretend poor" and "cheap suburban tack". This coming from a family who are now peddling their own high priced cheap tack. But, okay - I'm still a fan. So I went to Ridgewood, NJ to see Kris and was so excited to get her book. She rushed us along and came across as cold and insincere. Maybe she's not the PR maestro people are painting her as since it seemed the damage control blitz had clearly gotten to her.

Well, I still had the book to look forward to. I read it cover to cover and again, I felt like I'd been had. There was lots of self aggrandizing and little else. Her family was great, she could have saved Nicole Brown Simpson had it not been for exceptional mothering skills that got in the way of that, and she is a good Christian who is very blessed. It wasn't even well written. It was a clunky read that made getting through it cumbersome. Ugh! I'm so disappointed. I'm feeling like a sucker for allowing myself to be a pawn in their game. I won't let that happen anymore.
3232 comments|462 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2011
As an avid reader and book reviewer taking a break from fictional interests, I chose this new book for a little light reading. Wow, what a disappointment. Kris Jenner has such a sense of self entitlement. Further, her exploitation of Nicole Brown Simpson is shameful. Jenner has been handed way to much power, and it is obvious she thinks she is now one step away from playing God. A couple of areas are mildly interesting but nothing we haven't heard before through other media. I read the other reviews and realized that the 5-star ones are probably Kardashians. We know they're a sneaky bunch. Don't waste your time with this book...so many other wonderful autobiographies out there.
88 comments|249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2011
Nothing new here! Same old story about how hard her kids work, her involvement with OJ Simpsons wife, all very vague. Ive seen every episode (what can I say im a fan, its what brought you here too right!? lol but really, no excitement...no dirty gossip, big news, or anything you havent already heard on the show. Follow the other viewers advice and just save your money. I borrowed this from a friend and Im glad I did, because it is not worth the buy. And I am not even a cheap person lol... =)
88 comments|189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2011
I am definitely caught up with the K's but couldn't resist buying Kris' autobiography. However, dedicating 75% of her memoir to her friendship with Nicole Brown Simpson was in bad taste. As another commentator said, OJ didn't get away with it; and as fans of RHOBH would know, "the morally corrupt Faye Resnick" couldn't either. It just seems exploitative even if she had the best of intentions to preserve Nicole's memory. It was interesting though to hear about how she and her ex Robert were torn apart even further by the trial. She almost alludes to Robert aiding and abetting OJ in several instances.

I was annoyed that she spent most of the time talking about her relationship with Robert and how cheating on him was her biggest regret in life, barely mentioning Bruce then proclaiming Bruce to be the love of her life. Poor Bruce.

Kris never once brought up Kim's sex tape and the family's subsequent rise to fame piggybacking off of it. She glossed over that, as well as her dislike for Scott Disick just saying that now he's a good dad and it's all good. She hated Scott from episode 1 of season 1 before his drinking problem was documented. She also said he hasn't had a drink in over a year which is false as viewers of the show would know.

It's obvious to see Kim has very low self-esteem and her poor choice in men is explained a bit re: her first marriage. It's also easy to see Kim does whatever Kris (mom) says which Kris freely admits. I thought it was super weird how she admitted how much she enjoyed having Khloe be homeschooled so Khloe could take care of her youngest two daughters while Kris got to play tennis and get her hair done (her words).

The other odd thing was the juxtaposition between her evangelical Christian views sprinkled throughout while namedropping celeb friends, luxury brands and the like. Not saying she can't be a Christian but it seems odd since she doesn't speak this way on her show very often with the exception of Pastor Brad appearing from time to time.

Finally, Kris would have been better suited writing a guide to being a momager or a 'creating your own brand' type of self-help book. Her spunkiness and relentlessness are definitely the fun parts of her personality but it sounded awkward in an autobiographical book. Kris sounded like a ditzy teen throughout and certain parts were clunky, as another reviewer commented.
55 comments|103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2011
Ok, I admit it. I drank the Kardashian Koolaid for awhile, but no more. Kris' book is a pathetic, expensive, and desperate piece of work that I hope people will boycott. Haven't we had enough of the whole Kardashian thing?!?!? in the book, Kris rides on the coat tails of the sensationalism of Nicole Simpson's murder, her deceased ex husband's participation in OJ's trial, and exploitation of her family's privacy as a way to "hook" readers into buying her book. And am I the only one who suspects the "convieniant" timing of this book's release with Kim's sudden divorce announcement?? Readers: this book is an egotistical hot mess, and DEFINITELY not worth the price of admission.
44 comments|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2011
Okay, I give this "author" the ability to actually write words, and not draw, but on paper, this tribe of nothings comes across as even more vapid than they do on television.
For God's sake America, stop accepting trash like this as entertainment!
I was disappointed to find this book carried at my local grocery store (which is where I spent about ten minutes looking through it, which is about nine minutes more than it was worth) but did make my own small stand against the book by shoving it behind a pile of other books on the rack.
on November 17, 2011
Given the current state of the Kardashians-Kardashian bashing comes to mind, but I don't want to do that.
I found as a book, it wasn't that great. Nothing you didn't really know, nothing you really wanted to know sets this book in the trash.
Well hyped on T.V. I will be more selective in the future.
on November 28, 2011
your daughters book....IT SUCKS!!! Why dont you GREEDY people stop trying to take the HARD WORKING peoples money? You guys have done nothing with your lives besides Kim making a sex tape and you whoring out your daughters!!! whats worse is now you started whoring out your YOUNG daughters. You should be ashamed of yourself, not proud, you are a poor excuse for a mother!!
on November 22, 2011
Initially I was so excited to read this book and thought what really does makes this woman tick? After reading the book I was extremely disappointed to see it was a name dropping, self-absorbed brag fest. This woman really digs herself and the woe is me hard life and decisions just didn't cut it. I read alot of non-fiction and this by far was a true disappointment. Do yourself a favor save your money-
on November 10, 2011
Blasted by Nicole Brown's Family "Haven't they made enough?" Denise added. "Nicole has been dead for 17 years. Please, Kris, don't profit off of my sister's horrible death." What's worse, Denise says Kris' version of events - as detailed in the newly released "Kris Jenner...and All Things Kardashian" - is not even accurate! "Haven't they made enough?" Denise added. "Nicole has been dead for 17 years. Please, Kris, don't profit off of my sister's horrible death."