Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her May The Best Garden Be Yours Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

on January 28, 2009
Wow, another great book by Kristen. I would have to say this is one of my favorite books. Since moving towards a high raw all vegan lifestyle smoothies and juices have become a daily part of my menu. I love that you can throw everything into your trusty little blender and whip up a very nutritious and great tasting drink (or meal). It's one of my favorite ways to consume green powder (I get all the benefits, but not the taste). They're great to travel with too. I love the Spicy Sunrise and Spumoni Dessert Smoothie's and the Rockin' Maca Chocolate Shake and the Caramel Chocolate Shake. For anyone who misses their daily latte/coffee than you have to try the My Mocha Latte Fix. It's just blissful.

She also includes plant bloods (juices), elixirs and wine drinks. There are so many to choose from and each is filled with different ingredients that offer a wide range of health benefits. I've always made the standard green juice until I received this book. I was always a little unsure as to what combinations would taste good. Now I have so many to choose from; like the Super Disco Green Juice, Italian Stallion (sorry ladies, it's only a drink), Citrus Zing Elixir, Romantic Clove Elixir and I can't forget the Sassy Strawberry Aperitif (wine drink).

This would make a great gift to anyone who is trying to get their friends or family to add some healthier foods into their diets. I've even got my sister making smoothies and adding in green powder for her and her family. She couldn't believe that my niece and nephew drank the entire smoothie and asked for more.

This book really offers so many great tasting milks, smoothies, juices, elixirs and drinks. It's like having your own juice bar right at home.

Cheers and Bottoms Up!
on July 1, 2009
These smoothies are decent but this book is not what I was hoping for. After reading reviews on these smoothies, I thought the smoothies would be more nutritionally sound. These recipes are not energy boosting for people who have intense workouts and need energy/electrolytes as well as a good recovery drink. If this is what you're looking for, then I suggest getting the book Thrive: The Vegan Nutrition Guide to Optimal Performance in Sports and Life. I have this book and it's awesome but I just wanted more smoothies and recovery drink recipes. Easy Raw Smoothies does not provide such recipes.

One more note, I'm not a big fan of celery and almost every recipe in this book calls for celery or bananas. I was also surprised to see that the energy workout smoothie just called for water as opposed to young coconut water which actually does give you energy and helps to replace electrolytes.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2009
Kristen's Easy Raw Vegan Smoothies, Juices, Elixirs and Drinks gets 2 thumbs up. Oh my goddess...I found so many wonderful fruit AND veggie smoothie recipes. I am really trying to find more smoothie/soup type recipes. You can NEVER have too many veggies in your system. Period. With recipes like Beauty and the Beast, Love Nest Maca Smoothie, and island Oasis Girl. you will honestly get get bored with these recipes and there are SO many other ways to mix and match em!! And another thing I love about Kristen's books are that she always starts off with her Raw Basics chapter. She includes answers about why you should go raw and the top tips for storing and keeping produce. This book is loaded with information and tips all throughout it! I really want to try the Cinnamon Pecan Milk with some dried figs next week for dessert! yummmmmmmm Trust me, if you wanna shake things up this summer and are looking for very ORIGNIAL tasty smoothie recipes that you can make in a cinch, grab a copy of this book. You will NOT be sorry that you did!
on March 21, 2010
This book is an introduction to those new to raw food eating. I took a quick count of the recipes which number 91 or so which provide an interesting offering of easy, fun new recipes for the reader to explore. The author's intent of the writing is to keep it simple, affordable and easy for the user to create raw smoothies, juices, elixirs and drinks. Tips for equipment to make the creations,some brief definitions of commonly encountered terms when entering the raw food realm such as yacon syrup, rapadura,agave nectar, food preparation steps and a brief guidance at the beginning of each chapter help the reader gain a comfort in approaching raw food diet and begin taking comfortable steps away from a more traditional diet. Her chapters, Raw Basics, Smoothies, Nut/Seed Milks and Shakes, Plant Blood, Elixirs and Wine Drinks all are easily followed by the newcomer and the tastes created from the recipes will delight and surprise.

Recipes that include: Liquid Salsa,Strawberry-Banana Jump Start, Luscious Pear,Vanilla Kiwi, Sweet Tart Herb, Pineapple Mango Colada,Chocolate Nut Milk, Cinnamon Pecan Milk, Caramel Chocolate Shake,Itallion Stallion,Super Disco Green Juice,Straight Up Carrot Celery Combo juice,Power Energy Elixir,Sweet Mint Relaxer Elixir are but a few of the recipe choices available.

This book is not written to be the "end all" resource but a gentle beginning and support to anyone looking to create a more lively, vibrant life with the support of a nutritious, energy boosting dietary regimen.

Great recipe ideas to consider and enjoy for raw food veterans as well!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2009
Everr since going raw, a green smoothie has become part of my morning ritual and, truthfully, I don't feel quite right if I don't start the day with a giant smoothie. But I tend to stick to my same smoothie routine, which varies somewhat, but probably not enough. I love this book! It has some great recipes to help me break up my routine. I must admit, though, that using the term 'blood' to refer to juices and smoothies, sort of freaks me out. But getting past that, the recipes are outstanding. I particularly like the Moroccan Beach Sunset - awesome combination of flavors. The Spicy Sunrise Smoothie is great as well. I do like jalapenos in my smoothies, but I don't usually think to use cilantro and basil and it's really good. I've just recently gotten back into juicing, so I really love the juice recipes, since here again I kind of stick to the same routine. This is another great book from Kristen, complete with detailed instructions and helpful tips. Very useful for those new to raw food and those who aren't so new! I know I'm going to get alot of use out of this book and it's going to have lots of dog-eared pages!
on January 21, 2010
Thank goodness for Kristen's blog. ([...]) Upon stumbling across her website I discovered her wonder recipes and books. Her positive energy comes across and it is clear that love is the main ingredient in her recipes. I'm find myself juicing a lot ever since I have discovered the benefit of eating more Raw foods. This book has a chapter titled "Plant Blood" which has many great recipes for juices. It is easy to tweak them according to your liking. The milk and shakes chapter is also fabulous! The maca chocolate shake is one of my favorites.

I really like how Kristen has the Raw Basics chapter in the beginning of the book. It is a perfect little reference and also includes conversions which is very convenient! I find myself using this book the most because I always try to incorporate a variety of smoothies and juices in my diet. The size of the book makes it perfect for traveling! If you are looking for easy recipes then this book is for you!
on January 19, 2009
It doesn't get much better than waking up in the morning and fixing yourself and your family a GREAT tasting Smoothie!! Kristen makes preparing smoothies so simple and fun. We're a family on the go, and appreciate Kristen's recipes for allowing us to have a satisfying and well nourishing smoothie while being short on time. With fun recipes at hand, it's so easy to get our kids involved. Our kids are now enjoying the benefits of JUICING thanks to Kristens passion for making easy to follow and great tasting Juices. Our familie's health has been taken to a whole new level and we have only Kristen to thank for it!!!!!
on November 8, 2010
What's not to love in this recipe book!!! Yum!!! The only problem with this book is - which one do I make first! There is a wide range of recipes: smoothies, nut/seed milks, elixir's, and juices. Treat yourself to a new beverage every day of the month!

I have visited Kristen's blog for a few years now - I really appreciate her reviews and information. Kristen's recipes are creative - I love that the results look just like mainstream meals. Best of all - recipes are EASY!! Ingredients are simple and easy to find.

I love that Kristen has placed an abundance of food photos on her website - I can easily print one color page (screen shot) and have photos! I have folded the one page in half and keep it in my book. I know she is trying to keep the cost of the book down. She even mentions in the recipe book that the picture is available online. What a great idea.
on October 17, 2009

This book was not very impressive. The smoothie recipes weren't as tasty as some others I've used from other raw foodies. Plus, the way it is put together is rather cheezy. The cover is great, but the content looks and reads as though it is your Aunt Sally's recipe book, bound by an inviting cover.

On a more positive note - love, love, love the almond milk recipe.

on October 30, 2009
Another great book from Kristen Suzanne.. Easy Raw Vegan Smoothies, Juices, Elixers and Drinks. I have already tried the 1 minute nut milk recipe and loved it. A nice recipe for nut milk for when you don't have any soaked nuts on hand.
This is a 6 chapter book and includes a chapter on wine drinks for those who choose to include some organic wine in their diet.
Ch 1- Raw Basics. This is the same as the Raw Basics chapter in The Ultimate Raw Vegan Chocolate Recipe book I reviewed a few days ago. The information is good. I think it is worth repeating as many will by one book and not the other. The information is useful and needs to be out there.
Ch 2- Smoothies. This chapter is full of sweet and savory smoothie recipes.. Plenty for all taste buds.
Ch 3- Nut/Seed Milks and Shakes

* 1 Minute Nut Milk
* My Mocha Latte Fix- I can't wait to try this one!

Ch 4- Plant Blood (otherwise known as juices) there are lots to choose from.

* Pineapple cilantro tango
* Sexy Red
* Bella's Eternal Love

Ch 5- Elixers

* Youthful
* Power Energy
* Sweet Mint Refresher

Ch 6- Wine Drinks

Are you concerned about your health, what to feel rejuvinated? If you answered yes then this book is for you. A lot of great recipes. A smoothie can be a snack or a whole meal replacement. Juices and Elixers will make you feel full of energy.
You will not be disappointed with this book- and it is a great book for those just entering the raw food arena..