4.0 out of 5 stars Don't order this from Kronos, but it is a good product
I too fell for the Kronos $4.95 but really $100 offer. So I am glad to see this on Amazon as it is the only product in the pack that I really liked. (The mousse gave my hair a grayish cast and no shampoo or conditioner is absorbed, even theirs.)

Published on June 13, 2010 by Herblady22

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled!
Published on August 5, 2009 by JB_Superstar

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled!, August 5, 2009
This review is from: Kronos Phyx Intensive Hair Repair Masque 4 fl oz. (Health and Beauty)
So, I fell for the free trail offer on [...] and paid $9.95 for shipping to receive full size bottles of the Kronos hair kit. When my shipment arrived, I learned that I was enrolled in [...] smart ship program. Now, if I don't follow the very misleading and complicated steps to return my free trial and cancel my subscription, my credit card will be charged $98.50 every 60 days. That is a very rotten way to run a business.

Now about the product itself. After using the 4 step system (shampoo, conditioner, detangler, and repair masque) for 4 weeks as the instructions said, I did NOT "experience a total hair revolution" as their advertising claims. In fact, I didn't not see any major changes in my hair or in the amount of hair lost daily (which is why I ordered it in the first place). I would not expect to pay more than $4 a bottle for these products. They claim that the retail value of their kit is $215...outrageous!!

My suggestion is that you don't waste your time and money on this. It's a hyped up product that doesn't deliver the results it claims.

1.0 out of 5 stars Scam! Does not work and very overpriced!, August 19, 2009
This company tries to enroll you in an auto ship program. When you go to cancel, they just cancel your membership on the website and still try to have you roped in to the auto ship program. The product appears to work for a week, but then your hair feels worse after two weeks. Would not recommend to anyone!

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE!, September 13, 2009
Listen to Pinky 1..and me; don't order Kronos hair product (or any Glow product for that matter) from them online! I too fell for their "$4.95 free trail" baloney. Call me crazy but when they were offering a trial size sample of their product, the $4.95 being for shipping, I thought I was getting just that..a trial size. What you do get, however, are four FULL SIZE bottles of various hair products. And that's just the beginning; you are told that if you don't want the products and do not want into their little "club", you have thirty days in which to return them or you'll be billed $98.50! They do offer a $30.00 gift card, but the point is that when you order the "sample" you are really enrolling in their ongoing shipment program. And, oh yeah, they have your credit card number! Of course, I opted to return all their junk, but as another customer stated, figuring their return policy mumbo jumbo is another headache. Gee...do ya think they do that on purpose!! I'm pretty computer savy, but I had to have my (even more) computer savy son help with the return. So I'd say "nix" on Kronos. Oh and by the way, the shampoo & conditioner are nothing special!

1.0 out of 5 stars Agreeing with Other Reviews Regarding The Kronos Products, May 1, 2010
As stated in the other reviews the Kronos product line seems to be far more about misleading consumers into joining an autoshipment club than anything else. When I ordered this I too fell for the "free trial" offer. Then there was another screen offering a "free" upgrade to ship the "trial" faster. That resulted in an immediate $98.50 charge on my credit card. I called the company and they did reverse the charge (although it took 10 days to see the reversal on my account), there was no option when I ordered to back out of that "free" upgrade. There is no confirmation screen to confirm what you are ordering and at what cost until you are already charged! Then for $4.95 in shipping charges I received the 4 full size products and was advised that unless I shipped them back within the 30 days I would be charged $98.50. Shipping them back was on my dime and if I did not have their "RMA" number (which the website makes very difficult to get) they would not accept them back. The cost of shipping both the mistaken "shipping upgrade" shipment and the "trial order" shipment was $20. I did try the product for 2 weeks. It worked no better than the much less expensive products that I normally buy.

I did not even notice the autoshipment clause in the paperwork until I shipped back the trial products. That's when I got really upset as it was not clear in any of the web advertising that I was authorizing any such thing. If they charge my credit card again I will definitely contact the BBB about this company.

In the meantime, unless you want very average hair care products at an exorbitant price that you can't get rid of without incurring additional costs, stay away from this product line!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars YOU CAN GET A BETTER RESULT BY OLIVE OIL OVERNIGHT!, March 26, 2011
I am a Cosmetologist and I cannot stress the importance of how much BS the "business" likes to feed you. Your hair is dead...there is nothing that will change that and if you want to MASK the appearance, you use silicones and products. BUT, it more depends on your Diet and how much GOOD oils and Fats you are eating that will alter how it grows out of your scalp.

If you want a really GOOD treatment that is inexpensive and actually does more then what this claims to do (and many other products btw), put some good ol' Olive Oil in your hair, concentrating on the damaged and frizzy (or if you have dry scalp) areas and put a shower cap or wrap a warm towel around it and leave it overnight. Wash that out and see how wonderful it is that you spent little to nothing on a household product that is good for SO many things.

Dont buy into all the hype about these products! The companies can claim anything they want to on these products and they take your heard earned money doing it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't order this from Kronos, but it is a good product, June 13, 2010
Herblady22 "Herblady" (Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

So I am glad to avoid dealing with the offer, and to get my Phyx overnight repair masque without the rip off. It adds volume to my hair, isn't greasy and I often just leave it on without rinsing it out.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BE FOOLED!!!, June 30, 2010
Heidi Conder (Bountiful, UT United States) - See all my reviews
I pride myself on reading the "Terms of Agreement." I am one of those nerds that scrolls through pages of the stuff to make sure I am not being signed up for anything I don't want to be. So imagine my surprise when I got my American Express statement with a charge for 98.50. I quickly went back to the Kronos Product site and it took me and my husband a half an hour to find my account information, along with the charges. It took me a little longer to find that fine print.
So, I first canceled any future orders and then called first thing this morning to see if I could appeal to their softer side. I spoke to a woman I will call Mary who proceeded to tell me everything I already knew.
I told her that I did not see that fine print, that I looked for a half hour last night before finding it, and she proceeded to tell me that it was right their on the site and was also sent with my packaging. She asked if I had that packaging with me? Yeah, I carry month old packaging with me everywhere.
I told her the only thing I got was a catalog for more of their crap. She apologized that I was confused & said that if it would help she could...wait for it....wait for it...she could sign me up for [...]. It is totally free and they will just send you emails daily for differing items.
Oh Mary. Thank you. Thank you so much for offering me spam when what I wanted was my 98.50 back.
So, because of my apparent oversight SOMEHOW I now have the most expensive hair products out there. I will be using it like it is made from gold.
The conditioner states to leave it in 3 minutes. I will be leaving it in permanently.
I am so angry. I am going anywhere I can and warning people. DON'T USE KRONOS HAIR PRODUCTS!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars I real review would have been nice, July 30, 2009
Leebear (Bellingham, WA) - See all my reviews
This review was clearly created by someone working for the company. Knock it off!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Kronos Crooks!, June 23, 2010
Liane Alghusain (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
Don't do it. Just don't do it.
They use extremely harmful ingredients like urea and parabens, among other things. I can't believe they were featured on [...] because that's what made me fall for it. Now I have to go through the whole return process...

4.0 out of 5 stars An Honest Review of the PRODUCT, April 26, 2011
I read the reviews here and at other sites before I bought it. It seemed alarmingly clear that the reviewers of this product are bitter about the poor business tactic that Kronos tried to pull on them, and that greatly influenced their reviews. Though I am thankful for the information, there are very few people who reviewed the product itself. Based on ACTUAL reviews of the PRODUCT itself, I decided to try it. I purchased it from DermStore (I know, one of the "bad" businesses). I carefully read the purchase agreement as I ordered--- and there was a section to auto renew--- which I opted out. The only reason I went with DermStore over Amazon is because they threw in an extra product and free 2-day shipping... that and their price was lower. My previous experience with similar products were things like Frizz-Ease, SoSilk, and BioSilk, which always made my hair appear and feel greasy, so I was anxious to try something that supposedly didn't do that.

I received Phyx promptly, along with the 7-in-1 spray. Now, I had it in my head I was not going to use the 7-in-1 until I left a review for the Phyx (didn't want to mess up the results, if any). I tried the Phyx the first night I had it. Like many of the positive reviews I found, I had the same feelings. This product smelled really nice, was light, and easy to put on (no goopy gel-like application). I slept on it and washed my hair in the morning. To be completely honest, my hair was significantly softer... so much so I was touching it a lot. It also made my hair feel lighter, however I did not get much reduction from fly-aways (but if even hair spray doesn't stop it for me, I was sure nothing would). Overall, I'd say this product does well and better than I expected. The directions say to do it 2-3 nights a week, and I really can tell a difference in my hair on the days that I didn't use it the night before. I will probably be using it more than that.

I hope this review helps someone who actually wants to try this product. I have and will recommend this to friends.

Kronos Phyx Intensive Hair Repair Masque 4 fl oz.
$105.00 $29.99