5.0 out of 5 stars Very good sandwich maker
It looks great, the non-stick surfaces are really nonstick. The handles do not get hot. The sandwiches made from this are delicious. Money well spent.
Published on June 20, 2001 by omi

3.0 out of 5 stars The good the bad and the ugly
THE GOOD: so I must admit this is one pretty cool sandwich maker. It melts cheese puuuuuuuurfectly. My mushrooms are pretty well squished in with the ham and the tomatoes dont come out soggy at all. It's cute and small and has that ever so popular Krups brand on it so you know it's good.
THE BAD: problem is it's too small and cute. One slice of white bread barely...
Published on September 21, 2003 by fab

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good sandwich maker, June 20, 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars The good the bad and the ugly, September 21, 2003
This review is from: Krups 132-46 Sandwich Express Sandwich Maker (Kitchen)
THE BAD: problem is it's too small and cute. One slice of white bread barely fits in there and don't even think about putting Italian bread or real Sourdough bread in there..it just wont fit.
THE UGLY: when it's all over and you just endulged in this great melty cheesy snadwich thats gooey all over your hands, guess what..it's also gooey all over the sandwich maker as well! There are so many nookes and cranneys in this little machine that it's impossible to get all the melted on gunk. And after about 5 or 10 sandwiches you can just imagion the nastyness.
FINAL NOTE: ultimatly if you want to take the 20 min or so (and thats a conservative estimate) to clean this thing up each and every time you use it then it's a gret deal. It makes a variety or deli meat great hot sandwiches that literally melt in your mouth.

5.0 out of 5 stars mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, February 7, 2003
Homer Thompson (Troy, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Krups 132-46 Sandwich Express Sandwich Maker (Kitchen)
It's going to be a couple weeks before I receive mine, but I had the pleasure of using this machine at a friend's house and it prompted me to buy it here. Unlike some other brands I saw at the department store, this one has an adjustable hinge that lets you fit more in your sandwich. They have had it for a few months and use it all the time (When they're not using the George Foreman). It's very fast at sandwich making and the sandwiches taste great! Breakfast sanwiches, reubens, hor's d'oeuvres, leftovers, and don't forget the hot peanut butter and jelly! The possibilities are endless. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice little sandwich maker, November 14, 2003
This review is from: Krups 132-46 Sandwich Express Sandwich Maker (Kitchen)
Just bought this 2 days ago. Love it for making sandwiches for myself and 2 year old. It's great if you're watching your weight because you can't squeeze a ton of junk on it, though a decent amount fits which is good for little one's sandwiches too. I have not found it hard to clean, definitely doesn't take 20 mins like someone said in one review. If you wait till it's just slightly warm and clean it with a dry paper towel over the sink, you can easily wipe the rest out with a damp sponge. 2 minutes tops. Love this thing, glad I bought it, just don't overstuff it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item, September 10, 2004
This review is from: Krups 132-46 Sandwich Express Sandwich Maker (Kitchen)
Bought this from another web site for 12.99 and it works great. Makes nice crisp sandwiches and very little mess to clean up. All I do is wipe it clean with a rag when I'm done. It takes about 4 minutes to warm up and about 4-5 minutes to cook. We really like this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Sandwiches, August 13, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Krups 132-46 Sandwich Express Sandwich Maker (Kitchen)
The Krup sandwich maker works great, is a space saver and is easy to clean.I thought the plastic exerior might burn but it seems all okay.It is also easy to clean, a must for hygiene centered people like ourselves. Its design is also aesthetically pleasing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Krups sandwich maker way too small!, September 12, 2002
Erika L Shoemaker (Richardson, tx United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Krups 132-46 Sandwich Express Sandwich Maker (Kitchen)
This sandwich machine is way too small. Cannot handle most bread slice sizes and ingredients ooz out of machine while cooking. This cooker only works if you use SMALL bread and very little filling. Definitely a waste of money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job. Dummy lights are pretty confusing., March 18, 2005
This review is from: Krups 132-46 Sandwich Express Sandwich Maker (Kitchen)
It makes sandwiches just fine. I'm not sure why everyone's complaining about cleaning it up - it's all teflon so all you have to do is a quick wipe to clean it up. It does ooze but get over it. I guess I buy small bread because it fits my bread slices just fine.. I think the idea is that if you use "normal" bigger slices it kind of crimps the edges that hang outside of the square area. Anyway, I will say that the "dummy lights" on the top are not very well thought out. Red light and green light. Which is which? They're both on most of the time. I just ignore them and it works fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good deal, tasty sandwiches, September 26, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Krups 132-46 Sandwich Express Sandwich Maker (Kitchen)
I was skeptical of this product because some of the other reviewers said that it was messy and too small to hold many bread slices. I've found that it will easily work with a normal slice of bread, and with fancier loaves you can just trim to the right size. It does occasionally drip grease from the cheese if you overstuff your sandwich and it is difficult to clean because the plates don't come off. I don't find these problems to be too objectionable because I only paid $19.95 for the thing. I use it all the time---since we often work late it's nice to fix a quick, healthy meal in only a few minutes, and with a minimum of clean-up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty neat product, June 10, 2004
This review is from: Krups 132-46 Sandwich Express Sandwich Maker (Kitchen)
I got two - one for me and a friend, and I can confidently say that we are quite happy with this product.
I agree with a few previous reviews - both the pluses and the minuses

1.) its too cute, its too small and the cheeze does melt and flows a bit. But because I use some oil on the trays before I make the sandwich, cleaning isnt that difficult afterward.
2.) Don't overstuff it. They may not seal properly.
Altogether, its a pretty decent not-too-complicated product. And yes, the sandwiches are awesome.

Krups 132-46 Sandwich Express Sandwich Maker