Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

I have had two other stick blenders and both failed (one was a competing German brand, the other a very interesting two part model with a lot of options, but, ultimately over-designed and not durable.) Ok, so NO FOOLING AROUND this time, this one has a metal stem and it is a serious stick blender.

The features:

6 variable speeds Excellent--you really need variable speed, or at least I appreciate the ability to go from low speed or adjust the speed as I blend

LCD display -- This shows you the speed you're using; not a must-have but a nice feature in any case.

Soft handle with silicone rubber grips--I have some arthritis in my thumbs, so a soft grip is not only more comfortable, it assures I've got a good grip on the unit over a pot of hot soup, for example.

Mini chopper attachment --I use this more than you'd imagine; in fact, I use the mini chopper as oten as I use the blender as immersion. The mini chopper is the right size for chopping small amounts of onion, garlic or herbs or nuts.

Beaker-- you can blend into the beaker if you like, but I rarely do.

Whisk--detach the immersion blending stem, add a whisk to do egg whites in a bowl. This is very handy for small amounts of egg whites or whipped cream. I often use the Kitchenaid mixer for that purpose, but if you are doing a chiffon cake, for example, you beat batter and egg whites separately and then need to fold them together. If you do NOT have a second bowl for the Kitchenaid, you can beat your egg whites using the Krups with the whisk in any old (clean, non-greasy) bowl and then fold them into your mixer bowl.

Wall mount-- this is more of a European thing; in European kitchens, they frequently mount utensils on the backsplash, which can be tile or stainless steel. I don't have much of a backsplash in my kitchen, so I would never use this. But if you have an Ikea-style kitchen, Euro-modern, you may want to hang this near the stove or counter where you're going to use it a lot. I have mine in a drawer in the kitchen island.

Summary: EVERYTHING you want in an immersion blender. I suggest this as a wonderful wedding present because even if th happy couple already has have a stick blender, it may not be as nice as this one. It's just about perfect.
33 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2011
I bought a Cuisinart CSB-76BC SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, Brushed Chrome at the beginning of the year and it broke, so I bought this one. I love it, it is very powerful and efficient, I can make ANYTHING with it: soups, gazpachos, smoothies, cocktails... Crunching ice in my smoothies and cocktails is no problem, I've used it for months and the blade is still intact! It's also very easy to clean, I really just have to rinse the shaft, wipe the handle, and that's about it. Eating fruits and vegetables has become so easy! I highly recommend it.
on November 4, 2012
Bought to replace a $20 hand blender that I used for 10 years still working but looking very old (my daughter is still using it). Bad move on my part - while this KRUPS looks good the gears are cheap plastic and stripped the first time I used the chopper. The gear on the hand blender is also showing wear already -- only used about 6 times. The blade looks flimsy too, compared to my old hand blender, and while it works ok for blending soups - it certainly doesn't have the power I am used to. I am in the process of looking for a replacement as this will be going in the garbage. The higher end KitchenAId is looking good the blade is bigger and much better quality. Very disappointed in KRUPS thought the name meant quality, really wanted to like this.
on May 5, 2012
The body feels solid but the shaft feels flimsy and it vibrates too much when the blender is running. If I hold the shaft with my hand while I run the blender, the the vibration stops and it runs smooth; but once y release it, the shaft starts to vibrate again. The blade also looks frail. The gear where the shaft connects to the body is made of plastic. A product is as strong as its weakest link. This blender would be ok for $30.
on September 28, 2011
My Cuisinart CSB-76W SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, Whites just broken so I needed a replacement, ideally something step up. I found this beautiful blender, Krups kichen products always catches my eyes, I really like their design, European look applpiances fits well in my kitchen. This unit has very nice LCD screen tells speed which is a great great function. This item works really great and I am making soup. If you are looking for step up blender, this is the one.
on May 19, 2012
The Krups GPA30842 Immersion Blender is the first immersion blender I have owned or used. I am so happy I bought this and have been using so much more than I thought I would. With this blender, I have been making some recipes that I didn't want to make before because I didn't want to drag out the big blender and have to clean it. This Krups blender is so easy to use and so easy to clean, I wish I bought it a long, long time ago.

Besides the blender, it comes with chopper and whisk attachments. The chopper is like a mini food processor and it does an excellent job. It will hold and chop a very large onion. Besides onions I have used it for nuts, carrots, celery, blueberries and other foods. The chopper is quick and chops nicely. I have only used the whisk a couple of times for blending, and based on that, I think it will do a good job of whipping egg whites and cream. The whisk has worked well for me.

Also included are a measuring beaker and wall mount. The beaker is a beaker and it is useful for using with the blender, but not for measuring. It is marked in increments of 5 ounces and 100 ml. For me, it gives me an idea of how much, but I do not use this as a measure. The only thing I don't like about the beaker is the inability to use it to measure. Otherwise, it is a very useful addition to the product. The first thing I made in the beaker was a lemonade slush for my husband (who was hot and thirsty), and it turned out the beaker is a perfect size to make a slush to fill a particular glass. The wall mount is a good idea, but I am not using it for no particular reason.

To the blender itself. I have become a blending fanatic. Ice, soups, sauces, you name it, this blender is so worth having. I like that I don't have to try to scrape whatever I am making out of a container. I make guacamole fairly often, and I hate trying to scrape out a blender container or a food processor container. With this immersion blender, I don't have to do that. I also prefer this to a regular blender when it comes hot foods because I don't have to worry about putting too much into the blender container and I can take care of the entire soup or sauce in one batch.

The Krups Immersion Blender is not going to completely replace my food processor or blender, but it has become my tool of choice for a lot of things I would have done with one of the others. The one thing I like the most about this immersion blender is that it is much, much easier to clean than a regular blender or a food processor and that is why I use it so much.

I did purchase this when it was a Lightening Deal. I had looked at several immersion blenders and this is the one I really wanted, but thought I would track it to see if I could get it at a better price and when it came up as a Lightening Deal, I grabbed it. Since using this blender, I think it would be worth buying at Amazon's regular selling price. Happy blending!
on November 19, 2012
The plastic collar that allows the blender shaft to be held into the body is flimsy and broke. My item is completely useless now and Amazon won't stand by the warranty past 30 days. I used it a couple times a week to make smoothies and it eventually started to wiggle around and ultimately broke. This was casual use in my kitchen, not a restaurant.

The design is very poor. I would not buy this again.
on May 14, 2012
I have had a good quality, but less capable immersion blender for several years. It was good at blending simple, soft items, like bananas, but - strawberries...sketchy, and blueberries...forget it (couldn't deal with the skins very well). With this unit, I'm making fruit smoothies to my heart's content (including the blueberries). I'm looking forward making my next batch of salsa, using the chopping bowl attachment. I got this through the lightning deals, so I am very very happy with the price.
on July 2, 2012
I've only had this blender for a few weeks. Tried to use it with caution. The drive on the mini-processor broke the first week when trying to grind some parmesan. The beaker split directly below the pouring spout. The beaker/hand blender combo was ineffective for grinding mixed whole dried spices. The low speed and the whisk work OK. The motor appears strong but has this blue light that is always on when plugged in. Since I plug mine in permanently - constant light.

Overall, poor performance from the blender/beaker/processor. Enough for a 1 *
on December 7, 2012
Based on a couple of Amazon reviews where people talked about using this blender for drinks with ice, I ordered it to make smoothies. The instruction booklet clearly states that it's not intended to handle hard foods like ice and coffee beans. Back it goes!