5.0 out of 5 stars Love it.
We love as muffin and waffle. I mix half of this muffin mix with waffle mix to make banana waffle. Our family loves it.
Published 1 month ago by Sunshine State

2.0 out of 5 stars This brand has a great reputation but....
Published on June 10, 2009 by A. Bennett

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., May 27, 2014
This review is from: Krusteaz Banana Nut Muffin Mix, 17.1-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12) (Grocery)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good taste, bachelor easy., December 9, 2011
Diplomat (Tampa, FL, USA) - See all my reviews
As a guy, I don't do much baking. Although, after reading the directions on the box, I figured it'd be tough to mess this recipe up.

I chose the mini-muffin route. For the muffin tins I was using, this box of mix yielded about 30 muffins. I also included about ¼ of a banana, finely chopped, in my batch (I always feel so short changed when I buy a banana/apple/etc. muffin and it turns out to just be fruit "flavored" with no actual bits of fruit in it). The estimated cooking times on the box seemed spot on. In my 400° oven (thermometer verified), the ideal time was about ten minutes per twenty-four mini's.

I'm surprised the instructions don't recommend adding fruit as an option, because these things came out great! Not only that, but they were quite easy to make. It couldn't have taken me more than thirty-five minutes from prep to clean up.

I'm deducting one star for the banana flavoring (dried bananas, according to the ingredients panel). I can't really blame Krusteaz for this because all commercially processed bananas/banana flavorings always seem to taste like they're way beyond ripe. I'm one of those people who likes bananas that are fresh or still a little green.

Nevertheless, I'll definitely be buying Krusteaz again.

2.0 out of 5 stars This brand has a great reputation but...., June 10, 2009
I was very disappointed with this Krusteaz Banana Nut Muffin Mix. I've used this brand many times and have never been disappointed before but this muffin mix is HEAVY and almost tasteless. The banana and walnut flavors should stand out but they don't with this mix. Don't get me wrong.....there is nothing wrong with it but it just does not bake and taste like other Krusteaz mixes that I've tried so my anticipation has tainted my view of this product. I suggest you try a box from the local stores before actually buying a case from Amazon. You may love it or, like me, don't find that it bakes into a very good muffin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect classic banana nut mix., March 30, 2014
I've tried many mixes but this one stands out as a very easy all in one (minus water, oil, and eggs) recipe that has the perfect blend of banana and walnut. I only make this in a loaf pan and it comes out perfect each and every time. I've had much success with Krusteaz products and would recommend them (minus the "Honey cornbread" as the one that only requires the addition of water has no flavor or consistency)

5.0 out of 5 stars Krusteaz Banana Nut Muffin Mix, August 31, 2013
Krusteaz banana nut muffin mix is a real winner in my book. It is very moist and light and nice and sweet. I bought a box of 12 because you can get free shipping then. They really dived into this at the historical society meeting... it didn't last long at all...I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a very tasty bread, June 18, 2013
It's easy to make this bread. The mix has lots of nuts, and the flavor of the bread is very tasty. The texture is light.

5.0 out of 5 stars fast and easy to make and even tastes pretty good, July 17, 2012
I used to buy these at a local retailer but sadly although they still carry the brand, they stop getting the banana nut flavor and kept getting lemon bars and pecan something flavors.
I bought some other brands available and they didn't taste good at all and texture wasn't ideal either.

I am glad amazon has Krusteaz Banana Nut flavor muffins.
They are moist but not to soggy, and fluffy enough and not dry.
All you need to add is 1/2 cup of water, 1/3 cup of oil, and 3 eggs.
I usually cook it in the cupcake pan with cupcake paper and instead of 400 degrees F like the box says, I put it in 375 for 17 minutes and it comes out just perfect.

I am too busy and tired to bake banana nut muffins/bread from scratch so this mix is convenient and tastes great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Banana Flavor With Lots of Chopped Walnut Bits, October 4, 2011
An excellent muffin mix with real banana flavor, and lots of chopped walnut bits to give the muffins some crunch. To me, these muffins taste every bit as good as commercial banana bread purchased from coffeehouses like Starbucks and Peet's.

When I used baking cups, one package of mix produced 24 mini-muffins plus 2 standard muffins. The muffins took a couple more minutes than the package directions called for when I used the convection oven setting on an electric range. When I don't use baking cups, one package produces 24 mini-muffins. My muffin pans are the Dr. Oekter Nonstick Mini-Muffin Pan and the Good Cook Nonstick 12-Cup Muffin Pan.

The Krusteaz Banana Nut muffins have much more flavor than the Krusteaz Oat Bran Muffins, although both mixes produce muffins with very good texture. Maybe it's the three eggs that make the Banana Nut muffins taste so good! I purchased both Krusteaz mixes (in single-batch boxes) at my local grocery store.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, January 17, 2011
I am not a good baker, but even I can make this mix! Just add water, oil and 2 eggs and bake. For those watching their waists, these babies pack a wallop at 220 calories though, but they are very tasty.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!, March 23, 2010
Kiru (Central TX) - See all my reviews
I'm so sad the previous reviewer felt so poorly about this mix. I think it's FANTASTIC! I went to a different grocery store that didn't carry this brand and I just bought whatever was there. Did not even begin to compare. I made a batch for my Sunday School class and people went bazonkers over them. One man even pulled my hubby aside and asked if we had anymore at home!!!

Now, I'll be honest I didn't make them "straight up". I used one of the suggestions on the side of the box and added chocolate chips A-MAZING!!! Right now, I've got one giant muffin and big ol' glass of milk right beside me and I am one happy camper.

Rate and Discover Movies