4.0 out of 5 stars Kellog's changed Krusteaz recipe about Fall 2011.
We used to eat these pancakes every week with fruit instead of syrup. We have introduced our friends to these. Amazing that such health and flavor could come from a complete pancake mix.

Unfortunately it seems that Kellog's now owns Krusteaz and they changed the recipe approximately in Fall 2011. Here are some of the changes:

- Sugar almost...
Published on February 25, 2012 by Karen F. Hensley

1.0 out of 5 stars Glass In Pancake Mix
Published on December 29, 2011 by Brian King

4.0 out of 5 stars Kellog's changed Krusteaz recipe about Fall 2011., February 25, 2012

- Sugar almost doubled.
- Fat up by 33%.
- Salt up by 8%.

Hmm, so much for my tasty healthy alternative. Seems like there were plenty of to-sweet pancakes available on the market that appeal to children.

The new recipe mix currently says "Improved Taste" on the package. I wish I could find a source for the old recipe and buy enough to last to the use-by date. There does not seem to be any way to ask Amazon sellers details like this about what they are selling.

The new recipe is still the best tasting pancake mix that we can find, but how can you want that much sugar in something you are going to pour syrup over? We are looking for an alternative.

1.0 out of 5 stars Glass In Pancake Mix, December 29, 2011
This review is from: Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix, 2-Pound Boxes (Pack of 4) (Grocery)
We recently purchased the 2 lb. bag of Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix and when we received it the bag was sealed. While serving pancakes to my family I bit into some crunchy pieces and immediately thought "oh I must have accidentally dropped an eggshell into the batter." After biting into another crunchy bit and then getting a jab in my mouth it dawned on me (duh) that all I added was water. I immediately told the family to stop eating! I investigated further to find large shards of glass in the pancakes (two of them 3/4 of an inch long). The measuring cup that I used was metal and the only glass in the process was the mixing bowl which after careful examination revealed no signs of chipping and it wasn't broken - it was fully intact. I poured a cup of the dry mix from the original bag into a sieve and found pieces of glass - including small chunks (1-2mm in size) as well as additional shards. I then contacted Continental Mills (the company who makes Krusteaz) as well as the FDA. Let me be clear on something - I have no interest in any sort of legal action - I simply wanted to be heard. Other than that I suppose that I wanted to hear them apologize. I thought that was fair especially after I just served glass to my 1, 3, and 7 year old courtesy of Continental Mills. The FDA was great - saying that they log complaints like this in order to agglomerate data to look for trends. THEY even apologized that I had encountered that problem. Continental Mills immediately told me that it was impossible for there to be glass in the mix but they would send me a packet to send the Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix back to them for analysis. I just received the reply stating that they did in fact find glass in the mix but "were unable to identify it as coming from our facility." They also included a $0.30 off coupon for Krusteaz products. I find their response to be absolutely unacceptable. I am left with the belief that they do not care about quality nor the safety of their customers. The glass came from somewhere - either from their facility or one of the suppliers that provides them with salt, baking soda, etc...
I recommend that you avoid this product for your safety and the safety of your family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Krusteaz Low Fat Oat Bran, July 4, 2012
In the past, I have purchased the Krusteaz Low Fat Oat Bran Pancake Mix from our local grocery stores. Usually, I mix this product with Krusteaz Honey Wheat Complete Pancake mix. Even my youngest son will eat this and normally doesn't like anything other than plain homestyle pancakes. When I used up my package of the oat bran pancake mix, I went to all of the stores and could not find any that carried Krusteaz Low Fat Oat Bran Pancake Mix. I looked on the Krusteaz web site and this product was still listed as being available at the store where I used to purchase it. I decided to look for this product online and found it through Amazon. This is the first time that I have purchased any food item online. I'm so glad that I could find it. Krusteaz Low Fat Oat Bran pancake mix makes great pancakes, even if you don't mix it with any other complete pancake mix. Once made and allowed to cool, these pancakes freeze well in a freezer bag. They can be easily reheated in a toaster set on a low setting. My kids and I all love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, June 23, 2011
This Oat Bran pancake mix is delicious. They are very tender and light, with just a touch of cinnamon. They only take water to mix and any left over pancakes freeze very well and can be heated up in the microwave.

I highly recommend them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pancakes for outdoor trips, May 15, 2012
I'm not a big fan of pancakes because it seems like you have to eat a lot of them to get a meal. These whole wheat pancakes reverse that problem. A few of these will fill you up and they are very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and fluffy, November 7, 2011
Being a man and using other pancake mixes I never read the instructions. My first batch of pancakes were very heavy and not very good. My second batch after reading the instructions were very fluffy and golden brown. I used to always add an egg and used milk with my batter, but this calls for water only and they come out great.

5.0 out of 5 stars So quick & easy-and most importantly-DELICIOUS., January 19, 2014
Dawn (South Glens Falls, NY) - See all my reviews
I really like using the all in one mixes-it really does save me time in the morning when everything is usually so rushed here. I usually add things like chocolate chips, fruits and raisins-the kids don't even ask for butter or syrup-just a bit of powdered sugar-and they are off to school with nice full, and happy bellies...

1.0 out of 5 stars Bugs in the mix, February 15, 2014
I wrote Krusteaz about mealy bugs in their mix and gave them all of the product information off of the box. They wanted more information. There wasn't any more info to give. I will not buy any of their products again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Chocolate Chip pancakes?, September 4, 2012
Wow who would have thought of this! I bought this for our 10 year old grandson who was visiting and it was a hit! We perfer to use it in waffles. They are nice and crispy and taste like desert! I think they would be good for a desert if you added strawberries and whipped cream and a touch of cinnamon. We have served them to all our company and they are a big hit! Not a lot of chocolate chips just enough to taste the chocolate. Nice for a change of pace. I will order more for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have, August 10, 2012
My boys love this mix for breakfast. I love it because all you do is mix with water, so you can mix as little or as much as you need. They cook up light and fluffy. This is an easy hot breakfast before school. Amazon is the only place I can find this mix now (I used to be able to purchase it local).