5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but if you're asthmatic watch out for the fumes!
We got this to put as a protective coating over a piece of furniture that had been painted and so far it's working great to protect the latex painted surface.

Published on October 10, 2012 by John H.

2.0 out of 5 stars Avoid if used on top of Papilio vinyl decal
Avoid it if you use it with decals!

I have a metal case, which I decided to paint and put some decals on, and I was suggested that this product would work perfectly for protecting the decal from scratch and eventual discoloration.

Sadly it has a side effect: it causes cracks on the decal.

I have printed the decal on Papilio clear vinyl...
Published 12 months ago by CF

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but if you're asthmatic watch out for the fumes!, October 10, 2012
This review is from: Krylon 6-Ounce Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating Aerosol Spray (Tools & Home Improvement)

It goes on very easily - so long as you've used a spray can before, otherwise practice on some spare wood or somewhere it won't be noticed - if you do it right you'll get a nice even surface and the price here isn't bad (but you can check Krylon's website to see where else you can get it too).

NOW THE IMPORTANT PART:

The fumes could seriously send you to the hospital - do NOT spray this stuff in an enclosed area - do not spray it if you have asthma without taking some serious mask protection, or you're going to be ill.

You need to be in an open air area OR if in a garage etc, make sure you have every window / door open AND you're right by the opening, and if you have a free standing fan point it out of the doorway / window.

I highly recommend this stuff, but be careful when using it on large areas / furniture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystal clear, as promised, December 20, 2011
This stuff is 100% crystal clear, just as it promises. No yellowing, and a nice, protective factory finish when fully cured!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good job., December 11, 2012
Does a good job at coating my fake jewelry so they don't change color. I would repurchase again. Great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars best protective product for original artwork, August 23, 2013
Angela N. Grainger (Portland, Oregon USA) - See all my reviews
I've tried several different products to protect my original watercolors and this is by fare the best one I've used. It is more expensive but worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, March 27, 2012
My mom recently died and I wanted to send my brother several things from the service as he was not able to attend. One of these things were
a few dried flowers of her favorites. I sprayed the flowers with this spray but was still worried that they would arrive at my brother's without
damage. He said they were in perfect condition. It was easy to use and you could not tell that the flowers were even sprayed. Of course I
hung the flowers to dry first before spraying. Wonderful product. Can not see me ever using anything else again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Finish, June 17, 2013
S. Wachter (Bethlehem, PA) - See all my reviews
This clear coat gave my homemade project the perfect finish. Sprayed over stenciling on ceramic tile to make a beautiful set of coasters. Dried quickly, so I could pick them up and test them out soon after completion. No runs, stains, drips, etc., when tested with an ice filled glass of water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, easy to use, crystal clear..., April 9, 2013
Aja (Georgia, USA) - See all my reviews
Just shake and spray at a distant of about 12 inches moving the spray across your target. After 20 minutes add a 2nd coat, perhaps a 3rd. Let dry for 3 more hours. It is that easy.

But make sure to do this in a well ventilated area.

I use it to protect thin waterslide decals that would otherwise be far to fragile for normal touch.

The resulting coat of acrylic is crystal clear. You won't be able to tell it is there. But the surface has become sleek and smooth with a coat that will protect your item for a long time. Casual use will not mar the coating. I found that I need steel tools before I can scratch the coating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for cheap Jewlery, May 31, 2013
I use this on my cheap jewelry to help it from tarnishing. so far it works great! you cant tell something has been sprayed on it. Very Strong fumes. and I also found it a week later cheaper at a craft store ;(

2.0 out of 5 stars Avoid if used on top of Papilio vinyl decal, November 28, 2013
CF (CA - USA) - See all my reviews
Avoid it if you use it with decals!

Sadly it has a side effect: it causes cracks on the decal.

I have printed the decal on Papilio clear vinyl decal paper for inkjet; let it rest for 40 minutes and then cut it to shape and positioned on the metal surface.

The decal was just fine once placed on the surface; no air bubbles, no issues, was totally smooth and flat.

Then I made 2 pass with Krylon, 15 min apart, and left it outside to dry overnight.

This morning I found that the vinyl decal had bubbles and had various cracks all over its surface. I have another decal printed with the same paper (I made 2 copy yesterday, so they are identical), which was left in the room instead of being applied, and it didn't shrink nor crack; which means that the issue is this product.

It is possible that there are some special instructions to follow, but the can mention nothing; other than clean and sand the surface before apply it.

Avoid this product if you are going to use it to make a protective layer on your vinyl decal; probably this is not the main use for this acrylic coating spray, altho Amazon recommend it with the Papilio paper.

1.0 out of 5 stars Go to a real store, November 17, 2013
It would help if this product would actually spray as an aerosol. And because Amazon won't accept a return and make it very difficult to determine how to file a complaint about a product. This gets one star, and that's being generous considering I just wanted $7 for a product that is useless and can't even return it. Save your money. Maybe the product works, but do yourself a favor and buy it from a real store.