Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Krylon 8804 'Dual' Paint and Primer 12-Ounce Aerosol, Gloss Burgundy
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Color: Gloss Burgundy|Size: 12 Ounce Aerosol|Change

on November 24, 2014
Originally I reviewed this quick based on a practice test on wood but when I used it much more and on other surfaces I noticed some issues.

I'm able to compare with the Rustoleum product which is nearly identical in color, the glossy apple red and is also a prime + paint.

However, the differences in the two I noticed is purely bad for Krylon.

The krylon for whatever reason did not dry well, I gave it two days and without pressure set it on something and paint came off after a few minutes and lifting it up, this NEVER happened with Rustoleum and with shorter dry time, and it also did NOT happen with the Krylon pure paint products.

The worse part is this product sprays all over the place, there is no direct shot, it sprays a cloud to take out a riot.

I can't express that enough, which is a problem unless you have some crazy paint studio but I was working within a confined space and same as I have other times and the lack of precision in the spray and you can shake all you want, it's frustrating but just messy and you'll have a lot of unwanted clean up afterwards. Maybe setup a "Dexter" like plastic covered studio, I don't have that.

I just think this is the way it is and other products are superior.

If you do have this product and must use it please keep those things in mind and hopefully it all works out, but I wouldn't trust ever setting it down on something but instead plan on coating it with a poly or something else as a finisher no matter what and then you don't have to worry I have the feeling it never dries like better products and I can't speculate as to why.
on May 12, 2013
Using this paint for all black painted parts on 1967 Firebird that I am restoring. After grit blasting parts,cleaning with Purple Stuff then drying and spraying with Dual. First coat is a light spray,then followed with 3-4 heavier coats, letting flash off between coats. This is a great flowing and covering product, after 24 hours dries very hard and the parts look like new.
on September 18, 2013
Wonderful coverage. I purchased 6 cans, to paint the shutters on my house because that is what it took to do it (with cheaper paint) the last time. This paint sprayed & covered beautifully and I only used 3 of the cans. The last painting only lasted about 6 months (one summer actually). I will have to update this review once I see how it lasts.
on November 25, 2012
I bought this paint to "touch up" the hood cowl on my 97 Jeep Wrangler TJ "until I could get it painted by a pro". I was not expecting the fantastic results I got. First, this black is a perfect match for the paint on my Jeep. Some may argue that "black is black", but nothing could be further from the truth. "Touch-ups" by the previous owner could be seen easily (obviously, he was not using this paint). When dry, this paint (which is paint AND primer) compounded out very nicely, and a subsequent coat yielded a finish indistinguishable from the factory paint. I am contemplating taking the Jeep indoors, stripping all the trim off it, and save $600 by painting the entire vehicle myself with these spray cans. The finish, when dry after a week and left in the sun to "bake", took car wax very well also. Perhaps just a coincidence, but even when "feathered" into the original paint, this black PERFECTLY matches the "stock" black on my 97 Wrangler TJ. Best paint I ever used. I will publish photos and Jeep service manuals (PDF) by the end of November 2012 on [...]
44 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2013
I live in Las Vegas Nevada,in the most harsh of places, Weather wise" and this paint went on clean and strong,this paint can be used as a cover or for anything wanting "Lasting-Strong" paint, holds up to heat,water (rain),wind & dust.Never chipped,lifted,or peeled can paint almost anything and it saves you a important step,primer protection. GREAT PRODUCT....
"if it lasts in "NEVADA" just think how good in your state...Note: clean surface good...
on June 2, 2014
Typical of most Krylon "gloss" paints the past few years, the product is not nearly as glossy as the older formula paint. A step above satin, not quite gloss. Rustolium gives a much glossier finish, but I needed this color for a project.
on October 24, 2013
The paint itself is fine. But it is really tough when the nozzle is messed up and it sprays funny. I shook the heck out of it, but it sprayed like that from the start. That happens sometimes with spray cans. I couldn't figure out how to remove the nozzle to switch it out. Luckily I have to sand the wood after anyway, so I'm making due.
on February 17, 2015
I've used Krylon paint with great results before. However, this paint is not up to par. Firstly, I seem to have gotten a bad can. When I first removed the lid, I found it had already spurted out some paint (likely during shipping). I made sure the spray tip was clean and unclogged, but the spray came out all spattery and uneven (I have a very good finesse for spraying paint from a rattle can, and this can just sprayed really badly). Now that it is set up, with a full two coats and two days of dry time at optimal temperature, the paint still scuffs with the slightest provocation. Even a soft paper towel scuffed the paint. This is a primer/paint combo, but I still prepped my surface with a good sanding and cleaning. This paint just doesn't have the quality I have come to expect from Krylon.
on September 18, 2013
IF you can stand the odor. I used the flat white to blend in an unpainted ring on the ceiling due to a light fixture change.

It worked great blending into the 25 year old ceiling paint. About 1/3rd the price of the up-shot stain killers, and because it's also a flat white finish paint, it eliminated the need to use the additional step of ceiling paint over the stain killer. No problem with paint dust either.

Back to the smell. Very strong 'oil base paint' odor lingers for several hours, but it does dissipate. The next day the smell was gone-but plan accordingly if you're sensitive to strong organic odor.
on September 1, 2015
I love Krylon's dual fusion spray paints and I spray paint allot. They are faster and easier to use then having to apply primer first and I always get a smooth perfect finish. I have used many different colors in the dual fusion and have used other brands as well and I find these to be the best. I just wish they offered more colors.