Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kuchenprofi 18/10 Stainless Steel Funnel with Filter
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Package Quantity: 1|Change

on February 26, 2011
This is a very nice funnel. It says it's for jam which I never knew you used a strainer for jam - sorry I got side tracked. This is very well made heavy duty steel and a nice steel mesh strainer. I think it will work great for animal milking and pouring into a ball jar - which is what I'll be doing. The opening is small - but not too small -will work nicely. I measure the opening at the bottom at 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Also the handle on the side is a nice steadying feature. All in all a nice product.
1313 comments| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2011
I render my own lard and needed a metal or high temperature funnel when transferring it from the pan to a mason jar. I saw for a few dollars more I could get the Kuchenprofi with a filter so I figured I would give it a shot. The screen hole sizes in the filter is small and don't look as small as a metal coffee filter screen but the lard came out just as clean, so it seems to do a good job.

Overall, the funnel is nicely built and feels sturdy. The filter does not fit tight, it fits snug and sits in a tapered part of the neck of the funnel so that it doesn't move around when liquid is poured into the funnel. I've only used the funnel for filling mason jars and it sits in the jars perfectly stable. (I think it has enough weight & width to it that it doesn't move at the slightest bit of pressure like a super thin & tall funnel would.) The surface area of the screen is large enough that I have not had any problems with it backing up or draining at a tedious rate. As the other reviewers have mentioned everything about it is quality: the handle is nice, it has some weight and thickness to it, the funnel & filter are easy to clean, the filter is not extremely delicate, etc.

All in all is it worth it? If you don't use a funnel many times a year or don't do much canning then I would say no. If you're like me and bad tools that you use often piss you off when they don't work then spend a couple dollars more for this. (I also like that fact that this is made in Germany as opposed to China. I would prefer the USA, but Europe will work.)
review image review image
on February 13, 2012
This is a solidly constructed funnel, just not quite right for my needs. I have both standard and wide-mouth Ball Mason jars, and wanted a nice wide funnel that would sit and be stable in both. (Two sets of lids and bands is bad enough, two relatively expensive funnels felt like overkill.) From the pictures the tapered design of this funnel looked like it would fit really well in both types of jars. I'm guessing that Mason jars aren't quite the standard in Germany though. The narrowest part of this funnel is roughly 1.5", much more narrow than is needed for a 2 3/8 standard Mason jar. In a wide-mouth jar the funnel goes in nearly to the handle and rocks around a little. It'll work, but if you're looking for a funnel that will "lock in" to a wide mouth Mason jar this isn't it.
33 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2012
I was thinking I would need to use a milk filter with this for milking my goats, but I don't. This catches any debris, hair, etc. It's very easy to clean.
on February 20, 2011
Would highly recomend this product! Made in Germany and not in China ect. Stainless steel is superior in quality and I use it everyday. Cleans up easily, no hassle with the removeable filter, dishwasher safe. My grandaughter is a goumet affectionado, saw mine and purchased one from Amazon immediately. Wish I had found this years ago. I absolutely love it!
on April 28, 2012
Having gotten stuck with so many things "made in China" that are stainless steel(and very poor quality), I was excited to find this, and that it was supposedly made in Germany. Alas, it used to be, but now has a little gold sticker on the box that says--you guessed it--"Made in China". For almost $20, I expected better, and am disappointed. It looks OK, is designed quite well, but the true test is how it will hold up. Am only giving it 3 stars due to being so expensive, and made in China. After all, most of the other SS funnels (made in China) are around $10.
88 comments| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2007
I use this funnel to filter oil out of my deep fryer. Filter is metal mesh and removes easily for cleaning.
33 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2011
This is much better than I expected.
Although it says it is for jam, I use it to strain Goats Milk and it works really well.
on June 19, 2015
Great product. If you buy a 1.25gal jug of oil the funnel will fit perfect inside the large mouth to store your used oil. I found I could quickly pour oil in from my fryer without spilling any over the top edge, and the screen caught everything.
review image
on May 4, 2012
this is a nice little gadget for canning. my only complaint is that the filter doesn't fit snug and moves about when pouring liquid thru. i use a little cheesecloth to help strain and this solves the problem. easy to clean and does come in handy.