5.0 out of 5 stars Great sharpener! A must for your Kuhn Rikon knives!
I have a bunch of Kuhn Rikon knives. I wanted to spend a fortune on high end knives like Shun, but the the Kuhn Rikon knives did such a good job that, with an entire set costing less than a single Shun, I quickly abandoned "status" and bought the Kuhn Rikons.

Published on August 2, 2010 by JerryWithaJ

3.0 out of 5 stars JUST OK
Published on October 29, 2010 by RLP

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sharpener! A must for your Kuhn Rikon knives!, August 2, 2010
This review is from: Kuhn Rikon 2940 Mini-Pro Knife Sharpener, Black (Kitchen)

No matter who makes a knife or how well the knives are treated, they will eventually need sharpening. Since the knives carried the Kuhn Rikon label, I decided the sharpener should, too. The sharpener does not disappoint! Just a few strokes and my knives are just as sharp as the day the were unsealed! The sharpener is virtually idiot-proof since all one has to do is pull a knife through a few times.

The one odd thing about the sharpener is that it's awkward to open at first. It was a bit sticky. However, the sharpener does such a good job that I decided not to take off any stars. DEFINITELY recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars JUST OK, October 29, 2010
I have several Kuhn Rikon knives, and love them. They are so much better than the more expensive knives that I own. So, when I saw this sharpener advertised on TV, I came to Amazon to see if I could find a better deal (which I did), and ordered it. It arrived within a few days, and I immediately sharpened all of my knives. I can't really say that I saw much of a difference in the before and after sharpening. I have another knife sharpener that seems to work just as well, and cost half as much. I am giving it 3 stars because it is OK...but wouldn't recommend or buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for me!, January 10, 2012
This review is from: Kuhn Rikon 2940 Mini-Pro Knife Sharpener, Black (Kitchen)
I'm not a knife snob. I can't afford the really top-notch blades, and I've never taken the time to learn how to use a whetstone or a sharpening steel. But I do like the Kuhn-Rikon and Pure Komachi knives I have, and when their edges finally dulled, I wasn't thrilled at the prospect of buying all-new blades.

I took a chance on the Kuhn-Rikon Mini Pro, and it's great! 20 swipes through the disks, and I can cut through an orange without putting any pressure on the knife handle. The sharpener is small and tucks away nicely. It may not be the connoisseur's choice, but it works for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to sharpen with, November 6, 2011
I don't own any kuhn knives, but I find this sharpener gets my knives sharp with a few firm pulls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kuhn Rikon Mini-Pro knife sharpener, April 21, 2014
Compact and efficient, sharpens well, a good product for the price. I would recommend this device for ease of use and handy storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sharpener!, April 2, 2014
Great sharpener for my Kuhn Rikon knife and other knives. Easy to use and closes up to to take a small punt of space in your drawer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handsome looking sharpner, April 1, 2014
This review is from: Kuhn Rikon 2940 Mini-Pro Knife Sharpener, Black (Kitchen)
Looks cool, sharpening part back to in the box.
Can't count how many times impressed my dinner guest.
Sharpening knife fine.
Only con is I wish sharpening part does more sold. It works but little bit rocky when I use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, March 1, 2014
This review is from: Kuhn Rikon 2940 Mini-Pro Knife Sharpener, Black (Kitchen)
Just got my Kuhn Rikon knife sharpener and now all my knives are usable. I think it is great and will order another for a friend who takes hers to be sharpened. Thanks even tho I just ruined a tomato slicing and slicing!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably wouldn't buy again - doesn't seem to make a difference with my Rikon knives, February 27, 2014
Abby507vc (Union City, NJ) - See all my reviews
For many years the only two knives I had in my kitchen were two red Rikon ceramic ones. They worked really well, but dulled a little with so much use. I ordered this sharpener in hopes of reviving them, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference and just takes up extra space in my incredibly small kitchen. The sharpener probably cost more than both of the knives combined, so it's probably best just to buy new knives (Home Goods and TJ Maxx always seem to have these). I wanted to like this sharpener and should probably try using it one more time, but as of yet it hasn't made any difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Kuhn Rikon 2940 Mini-Pro Knife Sharpener, Black (Kitchen)
Even I can use this safely! It's easy, effective, simple and small. Does a great job. Great stocking stuffer or hostess gift.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›