5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely useful, great quality not-so-little pot!
This is the most handy pot I have! As they say, it is just the right size. I originally purchased it to make my hard boiled eggs. I have chickens, so I have a lot of those!

Published on March 21, 2010 by J. Merolla

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as described Still a good pot
Product description reads
1. 18/10 stainless steel and aluminum sandwich base for optimum heat distribution, suitable for cooking on all stovetops including induction stoves
2. Silicone covered handles on pot and steamer basket
4. Interior fill marks
5. Dishwasher safe
What I got
1...
Published 22 months ago by Fred The Puny

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely useful, great quality not-so-little pot!, March 21, 2010
This review is from: Kuhn Rikon 4200 12-Cup 4th Burner Pot (Kitchen)

It easily holds a dozen eggs. I stack them up in the basket and lower them into the pot and add enough cold water to cover them sufficiently. Then I take the basket out and put the water on to boil. When the water comes to a rolling boil, I again lower the basket into the pot and time it for 14 minutes for large/extra large eggs. I don't wait for it to reach another boil before starting the timer. I have found this method to be the best for peeling hard boiled eggs, especially the "farm fresh" ones that are more difficult.

When they are done, I take out the basket and rinse the eggs with the coldest water I can get out of the tap. Meanwhile, I allow the pot to cool somewhat and then lower the eggs back in and fill it with very cold water. I drain the cold water and add new cold water a few times and then let the eggs stay in the cold water a while. Ice can also be added to the water, which eliminates the need to change the cold water. When the eggs are sufficiently cool, they are so easy to peel! And I have never cracked an egg doing this!

I have also used it with the basket for boiling carrots and they were so easy to lift out and dump into a bowl. Without the basket in place, I have made pasta sauce that cooked perfectly.

The height of the pot worried me a bit, thought it might not cook evenly. Well, there is no problem at all. I find I need to leave the heat lower than with my other pots, which are also good quality. Even with the small base, nothing has stuck to the bottom or scorched, not even the pasta sauce.

The cool touch handles are great and make the pot easy to handle. I always keep it on my stove as it is so handy. I use it frequently and don't know how I ever did without it!

I just ordered a second pot for a gift for my neighbor, who loves to cook. I know she will love it, just as I do!

This pot is not only extremely handy, it is made of high quality stainless steel and cleans up beautifully. I just wish I could give it more than 5 stars, it is that good!

Edit 3/26/10--Since there is no image for this pot, I thought I should add a little description. Overall, I would say this looks like a gourmet pot. It is shiny stainless steel with a wide brushed finished band around the middle. It is tall and looks like a large sauce pitcher made into a pot. It has a pouring spout with a long curved handle (only curved at the top, from there on it angles down) at the opposite side. The glass top lid has two sets of draining holes, one small on one side and another larger set at the other side.

The strainer basket (which features a convenient lift up handle) has rather large openings, so I wouldn't plan on using it for noodles and so on. But that's where the strainer lid comes in very handy. With the strainer in place, this pot would be great for cooking asparagus, broccoli, carrots, corn on the cob and, of course, eggs (as previously mentioned)! And even though it can easily be referred to as an asparagus cooker, it is very versatile and has many uses.

All handles (pot, strainer, and lid) are covered with red silicone to keep them comfortably cool--I believe that is the only color it comes in. To me, it has a very contemporary, European look. It looks very elegant on my stove, which is where I keep it all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Little Pot Ever!, December 5, 2010
This review is from: Kuhn Rikon 4200 12-Cup 4th Burner Pot (Kitchen)
Seriously, this is one of the handiest pots ever for your small burner. It quickly became my favorite for 4 reasons. #1 It's so handy, you can steam veggies (basket is large enough to steam enough for 4), cook pasta, steep tea, sanitize, and the list can go on and on. #2 The handle is covered with a coating that just doesn't get hot if correctly placed over my gas burner. #3 It's small enough that it fits perfectly when I am using my 12" skillet on the front burner!! #4 It's so darn cute! Bright shiny stainless steel with just a touch of color on the handles and clear glass lid make it eye candy just doing it's job. You will not regret this purchase and will wonder what you EVER DID WITHOUT IT!

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, September 15, 2012
This review is from: Kuhn Rikon 4200 12-Cup 4th Burner Pot (Kitchen)
The height of this little pot is 8 inches, not 10.5 listed here and elsewhere. If only it were 10 inches, or even 9, it would be perfect for canning in small batches. Hopefully, Kuhn Rikon reads these reviews. Still I am keeping it because almost perfect is pretty darn good.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can use this on your INDUCTION BURNER! Yippee!!, July 11, 2011
Miss Meezer (Northeast, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kuhn Rikon 4200 12-Cup 4th Burner Pot (Kitchen)
Love this pot - perfect size - easy to manipulate. I just bought a portable induction burner from Amazon and was sooo happy to discover that the magnet stuck to this pot - sure enough it is Induction friendly - very, very important. I love the thoughfulness of the silcon on the handle and on the strainer. Well made pot, you will find so many uses for this pot!! Too bad it is made in China :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase!!!, February 29, 2012
This review is from: Kuhn Rikon 4200 12-Cup 4th Burner Pot (Kitchen)
My mom's friend had this pot and my mom fell in love with it and purchased one. When I saw this pot at my mothers house, I saw all the features it has and how many uses it has, which are ENDLESS USES and I came on to Amazon.com where my mother purchased her's and didn't hesitate to purchase this Four Burner Pot. Don't forget to read the instructions, it tells you NOT to place pot on the LARGER burners because the steel can get discolored from the flames!!

Great Purchase!! Don't hesitate to purchase this pot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome pot!, January 1, 2011
This review is from: Kuhn Rikon 4200 12-Cup 4th Burner Pot (Kitchen)
This pot was well worth my money. I was on the fence about purchasing a pot to cook only asparagus but glad that I did. I decided on this pot because of the design that will allow using the pot for so many other things, most of the other pots aren't as versatile. It's design allows for no mess pouring and the lid allows for easy straining of pasta without having to use a colander. I use it to make flower tea, cooking pasta, asparagus, corn on the cob and many other things. This pot is well worth the money and will be used for much more than cooking asparagus!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful pot! Great quality :-), January 16, 2011
This review is from: Kuhn Rikon 4200 12-Cup 4th Burner Pot (Kitchen)
I love this pot. It's so versatile, has multiple uses. I can boil lots of eggs in the basket, cook pasta in or out of the basket, and strain out the water through the lid, make tea and pour it through the strain holes in the lid, steam hotdogs in the basket. It's made of high quality materials. Completely 18/10 stainless (marked on pot) and the bottom has a layer of aluminum sandwiched between the stainless so it heats up very fast. The silicone on the handles makes it easy to grab the pot or the basket without burning my fingers. Can easily boil a dozen extra large eggs at a time, with room to spare. I keep it on my stove all the time, and use it almost every day. Buy this pot!! You will love it. I sure do :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as described Still a good pot, September 5, 2012
Product description reads
2. Silicone covered handles on pot and steamer basket
4. Interior fill marks
5. Dishwasher safe
What I got
1. Nonstick coated red aluminum pot! Will not work on induction cooktop!
2. Bakelite handles on pot and lid. Basket handle is bare stainless.
4. No interior fill marks
5. Not dishwasher safe according to the use and care instructions
I bought this because of the good reviews and to use on an induction cooktop. I was going to give this a 3 because it's not a bad pot pot, but it is not what was described or what the other reviews seem to have reviewed. If what I got is the pot Amazon is selling you need to change the picture and the descrition or in my opinion it's false advertising.
9/27/12 I see they have changed the picture and description. It is still not stainless!I kert the pot because it is still a goood pott for what I wanted other than using on induction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, slender, January 11, 2011
This review is from: Kuhn Rikon 4200 12-Cup 4th Burner Pot (Kitchen)
Love cooking pasta in this and draining the water through the lid. Easy to clean. Great versatility in cooking pasta/steaming veggies/boiling eggs. I like that it's small in diameter except must use higher heat to boil an entire pot of water/pasta while trying to avoid flames from stove burner touching the sides. Great gift idea too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is this for real or a knock off?, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Kuhn Rikon 4200 12-Cup 4th Burner Pot (Kitchen)
I used the pot last night for the first time cooking brown rice. I was attracted to the shape as it's best to boil rice in a pot taller than width of cooking mass. I added a tsp each of tumeric, annato seed and paprika and was surprised to find a ring of stain at the water line that I could not remove with a sponge. So I guess the dark inner color is not Non-Stick (a good thing it's not, in my mind). Rice came out perfect.

My question about the knock off is because there are so many identical looking knock-offs flooding the US from China. What brought on my inquiry at first was the loose/poorly attached and non-ergonomic shape. Second was its weight... much lighter than my other Kuhn Rikon pans. Also there was no documentation, booklet or brochure included in the box.

I am glad the interior surface is not non-stick. The price was very reasonable if not too reasonable. The pan works perfectly for the purpose I purchased it for, and now I also have a tall pot for asparagus !

Kuhn Rikon 4200 12-Cup 4th Burner Pot