5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest spatula ever
You might think that all spatulas are the same. They're not. The handle's not the right size, fish and other things seem to break when you use it, and things slip off when you try to use the spatula to flip it.

Look no more. This Kuhn Rikon spatula solves all of those problems.

The moment you use it, you'll realize how great its minimal design...
Published 20 months ago by JK "keeping it real&am...

1.0 out of 5 stars Excellent idea. Poor durability
Returned it. Sounded too good to be true. The silicon part of the spatula started to peel and even break into small chunks after two uses and putting it in the dishwasher. I would not recommend this product.
Published 6 months ago by RS

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest spatula ever, May 21, 2013
This review is from: Kuhn Rikon SoftEdge Slotted 12-Inch Spatula, Red Edge and Handle (Kitchen)

Look no more. This Kuhn Rikon spatula solves all of those problems.

The moment you use it, you'll realize how great its minimal design is.

There is only one little drawback which is that this spatula is angled and it definitely is better to use if you are right-handed. You can still use it if you're left-handed, but it's a tiny bit more difficult because of the way the front edge is angled.

note: Don't forget to click on "Yes" if you find someone's review helpful. It motivates good reviewers to help all of us more. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing new tool, January 29, 2013
I was introduced to this tool by ways of "The Four Hour Chef," and have now made it a regular part of my cooking.

Previously I had used thick, easily melting black plastic spatulas from Ikea. No more! This Slotted spatula is far superior in handling, weight, getting under things (the edge is beveled), turning things easily and softly and gently. I could go on. It's also high heat, so I don't see the thing melt away like my other tools. Having one side steel, one side silicone adds versatility as well.

It's dishwasher safe apparently, but I just handwash it, so it may be useful to you to know that, but I could leave it.

If I had one downside, is its weaker than some other tools. So a heavy steak, big chicken pieces - use tongs. But fish, veggies, eggs, smaller slices? I reach for this guy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect except for one small detail, September 19, 2013
Amazon Customer (Fogelsville, PA, United States) - See all my reviews
This spatula works perfectly. I especially like the versatility of the silicone edge, allowing it to be used on nonstick surfaces. The only thing I would change is the handle. I thought it was also made of silicone, and accidentally left it to rest on the edge of the pan. It melted a little, making me realize that the handle was a different material (I think it may be, rubber). Otherwise, I am really happy with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars New to this brand, so far so good!, January 28, 2013
I recently purchased the Kuhn Rikon 3-Set Original Swiss Peeler, Red/Green/Yellow which I was very impressed with. I had been looking for a good slotted spatula, and I do have a few non stick pans, so this product seemed to fit the bill. The reviews were good enough that I felt confident in my purchase.

I've used this spatula more than a dozen times, and it has done each job perfectly. From eggs and bacon, grilled cheese with fried tomato, it has been a good little spatula. And because of the silicon edge, there is no need to worry about damaging my expensive cookware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Did I really need another spatula? Apparently the answer is YES!, May 23, 2014
Craig Jones (LEE'S SUMMIT, MO United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this spatula upon the recommendation of Tim Ferris' book "The Four Hour Chef".
I've seen these "thin" spatulas before and thought they were over-kill. How wrong I was.
This spatula is perfect for eggs, fish, delicate, non-delicate food.....basically this is now my go to spatula.

Before using the Kuhn Rikon, I didn't realize how much I was always trying to get the spatula "just right" to get under my food without tearing the food apart. With this spatula, it is a breeze with anything that you're cooking.

So, much to my surprise, what I though was a "nice to have" spatula, I would now put in the "have to have" category. You will not go wrong with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Multi-Use Spatula, March 24, 2013
James Powell "geek" (Sandy Springs, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This spatula came recommended in the book the 4 Hour Chef. As most of our spatulas were on their way out from years of use we decided to grab it. It is flexible which makes it easy to slide under food, and is good at handling delicate items like fish and crab cakes. Finally, cleaning it is fast and easy. Much easier than any other spatula I have had. For me it is the best spatula for the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Excellent idea. Poor durability, July 7, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars John, April 19, 2013
This spatula is fantastic ! The size is perfect and the protective edge does not damage my pans. I recommend this to anyone who cooks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked absolutely great....until silicon failed, December 3, 2013
Love the slotted spatula design, and the added silicon was the reason I chose this product as I use non-stick or cast iron pans. Used it everyday for quite a while, but the silicon on the end began to tear away exposing the metal spatula. I still use it every so often, but have to be mindful of the exposed metal. Absolutely loved it until the tear. I will be buying another as soon as I find one discounted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to drain, February 22, 2013
Much easier to use than a traditional pancake turner when there is liquid in the pan. It's comfortable in the hand.