5.0 out of 5 stars A really fun game for the UDraw!
Published on July 15, 2011 by Monkeysitter

1.0 out of 5 stars Save Your Money
Published on July 8, 2011 by jjjr13

5.0 out of 5 stars A really fun game for the UDraw!, July 15, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Kung Fu Panda 2 uDraw for uDraw GameTablet - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I'm surprised by the previous review because my kids figured out how to play this without ever looking at the manual and they really really enjoy it. They have played it for hours on end taking turns and have been laughing the whole time. In their own words this game is "funny" and "Really fun to play". When I asked them if it was hard to figure out without reading the instructions they said no.

I love the UDraw system and the games that go with it because they develop hand eye coordination and the movements have helped my autistic son have greater control when writing with real pens or pencils.

I would love to see Nintendo develop more UDraw games - esp educational ones for kids that would develop handwriting skills and and I would LOVE to see them make a Scribblenauts for the UDraw!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you already have a uDraw tablet, August 10, 2011
Sam (SF, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
My 7 year old child has been playing this game for about a week now, and thoroughly enjoying it. My child absolutely loves the Kung Fu Panda movies, and this is a great way to get that fix without watching the films over and over again. All the key characters from the movies are featured in this game.

As far as game play, there are pros and cons. On the plus side, it's a ton of fun to play and kick the you-know-what out of the bad guys. The controls are exceedingly simple. There is no need to reference the manual, and besides I found the manual to be very light on content and fairly useless like most Wii game manuals. The story is pretty solid and engaging overall, but straightforward enough for a child to work their way through on their own.

On the downside, the fighting action gets repetitive pretty quickly, although it's saved a little by the different types of enemies and scenes you encounter. Also the game play graphics are pretty rough and choppy. However the cut scenes are nicely rendered and fun to watch in their own right.

Overall this is a solid game and a good buy. I probably wouldn't have bought it if we didn't already own a uDraw tablet, but if you do own one it's a good addition to the library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift 2pt, March 2, 2013
I had brought this along with the U draw board with Spongebob bundle deal. Whatever keeps my cousin busy makes me happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars daughter loves, December 2, 2012
Cindy L. Garrett (Washington, IN. USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
daughter asked for christmas and loves it so much fun! perfect for ages 10 and up with all different kinds of moves to choose from!

5.0 out of 5 stars fun fun fun, November 8, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
this game is fun fun fun for the whole family. We lave watching our 5 year old play, but adults can play too. It was a little more challenging for our 5 yr old daughter than the Disney Princess for UDraw. We like that it gives her a breaks from the reading/learning aspect and lets her have some fun. She loves KungFu Panda, Po and Master ShiFu. All the favorite characters are in there and she loves UDraw. Your child will too!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars pay attention to the recomended age on this game, June 23, 2012
Star (Massachusetts, USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I didn't realize it was recomended 10 and up. Its very hard for my 5yr old. I was able to play fine but it may be tricky to younger kids or kids news to video games.

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, February 1, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
my son just loves this game....he wouldn't stop playing it when he opened it. i would purchase more of these kind of games if they made them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save Your Money, July 8, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
My son was terribly excited to purchase this game, but after a few minutes of game play frustration set in. This may very well be the worst game ever made in terms of game play and interaction. I played for 5 minutes and determined that I now have carpal tunnell syndrome. My 6 year old tried it soon afterword and gave up after 5 minutes. My 13 year old tried it and also tired really quickly of the interaction. This is not a game that should be associated with the uDraw. Please save your money. Go enjoy the movie, but DO NOT purchase this game.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't translate well, May 31, 2011
Satjit Kaur (Orlando, FL United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
For a game that has a new way to play (with a stylus instead of a normal game controller) this game has basically no tutorial on how to play. The first fight I was fighting one on three by myself. When I moved around, some obscure random box popped up with some sort of attempt at showing how to attack. The only reason I gave this game 2 stars overall is because I added a star since I rented the game and did not get the user manual. The mini-games were not very exciting as well.

Edit: I did figure out on my own some sort of an attack move, but using the stylus to move and fight was clumsy, and not very fluid. I went through a few fights before getting more frustrated than entertained, so stopped playing.

Painting:
There is no 'undo' feature. You can only erase, but only on the small brush size, so forget if you paint a large area by accident. They did have some stamps and stuff that seemed sort of fun, but you can't change the size.

Baby Po:
Like the game, there was no tutorial on what to do. I moved a bucket over his head and he hid, but that's about all I got him to do. When I tried moving him around, he just moved back to his original position. I tried giving him a sparkly paintbrush, but nothing happened.

I'm really glad I did not purchase this game. If you are a huge fan of the movie, this game might bring some fun. If you have the booklet with the actions, that would be very handy I'm sure. Wish they had an in-game tutorial though, as sometimes booklets get lost, people rent the game, etc. Didn't seem that fun either way, I found the stylus to be a clumsy instrument for gaming. I'll stick with drawing games, and hope they come out with some more of those.

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably fun if your a fan, August 22, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Okay so I have yet to see either of the Kung Fu Panda movies, if I had I might have liked this game more so keep that in mind. I will say though maybe because I am not familiar with the characters but this is not one of my favorites. The game involves fighting bad guys, which I struggled with figuring out until I glanced at the manual then I realized it was quite easy. It does get somewhat boring though fighting the same fights over and over, although for younger kids they might like it because it would get easy for them. I think fighting would have been easier using just the Wii remote but there are other features to the game. You can also paint and play minigames with Baby Po.

Overall, if you have the uDraw tablet for the Wii and like the Kung Fu Panda movies, then I recommend checking out the game. It Is a different type game and has some neat storylines and activities within it. Keep in mind though that there is martial arts type fighting in the game (nothing bloody or anything like that) so if you don't let your kids play games like that you may want to check it out first.

Kung Fu Panda 2 uDraw for uDraw GameTablet - Nintendo Wii