Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kvelertak
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 24, 2013
Look, I realize that these guys don't sing in English, and that will turn a lot of people off of them (at least here in the US). I saw these guys play with the Cancer Bats. It was a great show. They blew my mind. The mix of rock styles that they incorporate into the music is awesome. And they do it so seamlessly. They make playing the mind blowing rock music look easy. And you can tell they are having fun doing it. Frankly I am glad that I stumbled on this band, they are Amazing!
on May 28, 2011
This is the kind of album that comes along, once or twice a year. For anyone who loves unrelenting, catching jams that have your heart pumping after the first few seconds. It has hints of just about every ear banging genre that can be traced back to rock n roll. The core is a black metal/punk rock/hardcore that is so finely blended you will constantly be on your heels. Throw in bits of acoustic guitar breaks, nicely placed keyboards, Hendrix-esque riffs, and some great guest vocals... This is a 2010 metal masterpiece.
on April 4, 2011
This is one of the hardest hitting albums I've heard in awhile. It's apt that the word "kvelertak" is Norwegian for chokehold - this CD will at the very least make you feel like you got grabbed by the throat, and probably punched in the face as well. The album is over 45 minutes of a non-stop barrage of crunchy, heavy, brutal, fast, grindy, and hard-hitting music, and that doesn't include the extra content. If you're a fan of heavy music in general this album has a little something for everyone.
I found listening to this I could not decide on a favorite track, and each one had a little something that reminded me of this-or-that band. I found leanings of stoner metal, grindcore, classic heavy metal, hardcore punk, and just good old hard rock. It's really a treat. Put this on, sit back and enjoy the ride.
on March 2, 2013
First of all, I'm beginning to notice that I will enjoy any band that has John Baizley album art.
Secondly, this album is filled with catchy, yet well-constructed riffs that help a metal fan such as myself regain some faith in rock. I really feel that having all the lyrics sung in Norwegian adds some character that also helps this band stick out. In addition, I initially thought that a rock-ish album with all harsh vocals would get stale quickly, but I found that to not be the case whatsoever personally. What really stood out to me was the drumming dynamics, ranging from simple yet purposeful to blast beats. Finally, I really liked the bonus live tracks: they sound very good in terms of recording quality and are overall a nice addition.
on July 11, 2011
As with most of the other reviewers, there hasn't been many bands that are NEW that have really surprised me in a good way, and this has undoubtedly done it. Its a combination of many different genres (not deathcore BS) that some how has a certain swagger to it. Its in Norwegian, and for me, that doesn't matter. It's great. Energetic and raw, unique but familiar, and all exciting. I listen to it from beginning to end, and the only thing I am worried about now is the pressure to put out a follow up hold up to the entity that Kvelertak have created!
on August 19, 2011
This record grabbed me by the neck since the 1st track! These guys play from their guts, and they do it with so much energy that you can't help to be caught in the wave!

Combining energized punk guitars with sludge rythms and hardcore vocals, their sound is unique and totally addictive!

THIS RECORD IS A MUST-HAVE, A MASTER PIECE!
on October 7, 2013
This is a must have for fans of Kvelertak. It includes some bonus material from early demos and BBC recordings as well. These guys know how to write songs that are catchy and full of great riffs. And anything that has John Baizley artwork on the cover cant be bad either! Well Done!!!
on April 26, 2011
Kvelertak is simply put, killer! This cd rocks and rocks hard! Every song is a bold statement of what real rock 'n' roll is, and should always be. This cd is truly a breath of fresh air. I can't stop listening to it. This band brings songs that are filled with excitement. It's hard rock. It's metal. It's punk. It's original. Each track quickly evolves into something completely unexpected. It will definitely keep you on the edge of your seat. The US version has 6 bonus songs, including 4 from BBC sessions, and 2 demos. I can't pin these guys to a certain genre or sub genre, other than Rock. Anyone out there looking for something that kicks harder than a mule in steel toe boots, should quit searching for the next best thing because Kvelertak is it.
on August 9, 2015
So, I saw these dudes opening for Mastodon and Gojira a year or so ago, and I'm not even sure where to begin. The singer came out with a stuffed owl being worn as a headdress, which I cant say I've ever even contemplated before, much like seen. They then proceeded to rock the house. Clearly I had been missing out on some awesome rock, so I immediately went out and bought this album from a local CD shop. It exceeded my expectations. sometimes, thinking back on a show, you can romanticize somethign so it becomes greater in memory than it is in reality. Not so with this band. This album is raucous, non stop in your face rock. Sometimes it teeters on being metal, sometimes it pulls from older rock and metal influences, and sometimes it is almost stoner rock. It is always however unrelenting and incredibly fun. Gets me pumped up everytime I listen to it. I really cant recommend this album enough.
on July 19, 2013
I've been lucky enough to see Kv. three times now including once in Norway. The best was at a 200 or so capacity club which I don't think they'll be playing much longer. The song Mjød is one of the best ever.