4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job
Published on February 3, 2010 by MWright936

2.0 out of 5 stars Plastic piece easy break make the bolth useless
had this lock for a year with light used, the plastic support at the back side where the screw goes in was broken. i think this is just design flaw due cost cutting.
Published on June 12, 2010 by Boar

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, February 3, 2010
I purchased this lock to give a little added security while my wife and I were at home. The installation was quite easy, given you had the correct tools already. The lock is well made and very sturdy, with a solid feeling locking mechanism. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is the instructions were a little difficult to read. They tell you how to get it done, but I had to read and re-read to make sure I understood. Overall, a great, simple keyless lock.

2.0 out of 5 stars Plastic piece easy break make the bolth useless, June 12, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, March 31, 2014
Arthur Bergman (Elizabeth City, NC) - See all my reviews
Met my requirements perfectly and price installation was easy. Price was fantastic and a lot less expensive than at the big box stores.

3.0 out of 5 stars Item works, but could be problematic in the future, February 11, 2013
I really like this product, though I wish it was a little heavier, it's lighter than the other kwikset deadbolt that I purchased. The only problem I ran into with this single-sided dead bolt was that the plastic piece which allows the screws to hold it in place was too long for the existing hole that I had. I had to drill an additional hole for this item - the problem wasn't drilling the hole it's the concern I have regarding this product breaking like it did last time. The reason I needed a new one was the old thumb turn broke and just spun in place instead of unlocking the door. We were able to open the lock and slide it out from inside the house. Now that I've drilled it securely in place, if this issue were to ever happen again, I'd have no way of sliding it out. For those in a similar situation, be aware that if this lock were to break while it's locked, you're going to have to cause considerable damage to the inside of your door to get it back out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 30, 2014
Works. Gast shipping

2.0 out of 5 stars Requires backing plate or keyed lock., May 29, 2014
This one contains neither. These descriptions are totally unclear as to whether the lock contains a backing plate. I am replacing a keyed deadbolt with a non-keyed deadbolt. Therefore, there is all ready a hole in the door, and I need a backing plate on the outside. Be very careful, as these descriptions are pretty useless. No description of what size hole is needed, backing plate, etc. Try to find a product that provides a decent description.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm, January 1, 2014
Thought there would be. Filler plate on the other side, there's not. It is simply a one sided bolt, so what are you supposed to do on the other side??

Kwikset 663 Single-Sided Deadbolt in Antique Brass
$85.59 $7.02
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.