4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price
This is not a high end dog seat. Not really padded around the top, but ver functional.

Published 16 months ago by J. Delisi

2.0 out of 5 stars outward hound booster seat (medium)
This booster seat is being used in the back seat of my car. The two straps that you see in the photo go over the headrest. The problem is in the design.
When the front strap is pulled back over the headrest the front of the seat collapses inward thereby cutting off much of the usable space for the animal.
My dog weighs only nine pounds and she does fit in there,...
Published 22 months ago by Sara Schonberg

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price, March 15, 2013
J. Delisi "thegirljen" (Ann Arbor-ish, MI United States) - See all my reviews

The most vital thing to know is this is to be used with a harness on the dog that you clip the dog in with. NOT to be attached to the collar. It was clearly printed on the box and instructions but in reading some of the reviews it sound like people clipped in the dog by the collar. This poses a strangulation hazard to the dog if they try and jump out and get tangled. Also without a harness in the event of a car crash a harness will keep the dog secured where a collar would not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe and Comfortable, September 17, 2012
GREAT PRODUCT!!!! What a wonderful idea! I have a 10 lb. Chihuahua who's goal in life is to sit on my lap while I am driving. This, of course, is not the safest idea ever so I end up spending the entire trip repeatedly taking him off my lap and putting him on the other seat. Also, my seats are slippery so he slides while on them even when I try to put his blanket down. I was looking for a solution because he is in the car a lot and I wanted him to be safe and comfortable when I stumbled on this product. It is adorable and reasonably priced. It arrived in less than a week. It was very easy to set up, just adjust the straps and hang it from a headrest. It does not lay on the seat but sits up higher, approx 6 inches off the seat. It has a little cushion in the bottom but my dog is spoiled (if your reading this then your dog probably is too! lol) so I set down a nice thick fleece blanket on the inside of it. This also makes it easy to keep clean as I don't have to clean the seat but instead just throw the blanket in the wash once in awhile. It has a safety strap that clips onto his harness so he can't jump out. It only took him a few minutes for him to get used to. Now he loves it! It puts him up higher so he can see out of the windows easily. On longer trips it is just big enough that he can curl up into his little ball of cuteness and take a nap. It has a little front pocket to store whatever in. Overall it is just a great product and I am so glad that my little angel is safe, comfortable and happy and that I can continue to bring him everywhere.

The small is just big enough for my 10 lb dog so if your dog is any bigger I would suggest going up to the medium seat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, August 3, 2012
This review is from: Kyjen 2477 Booster Seat Dog Auto Safety Seat, Small, Blue (Misc.)
I got this a few days ago and love it. a great investment, before i had this my dog rocky would jump from back seat to the front on peoples laps and get hair everywhere. Now he knows where his place is and get in and sits comfortable. It has a zipper pouche for his treats. This is a well made product and keeps my back seats clean from my puppys hair.lol.. easy to attach and detach. i use this everytime I take my dog with me in the car.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great deal for the price!, September 1, 2012
I think this was worth the money! I have been looking around for a good quality car seat for my dog because he will otherwise sit on an arm rest in the front of the car (which is quite a dangerous balancing act for him). He is 10 pounds and fits comfortably in it. He frightens easily but he didn't seem to mind the seat much after a few minutes. One feature I truly appreciate is that it has buckles for two of the three straps that connect to the seat. This makes things easier because you do not have to re-size the straps each time and it also is VERY quick to throw into the trunk when needed, while also quick to put back on the seat while you need to go out with your pup. The only strap that doesn't have a buckle doesn't even need one because it lifts easily from the seat. It is also quite compact when you do not want to use it, it just folds up nicely and is easy to store, which cannot be said for many types of dog seats.
The only reason I did not give this 5 stars is because the strap that connects to the dog has a seemingly cheap plastic attachment where you attach to your dog's harness. It just seems cheap and easy to break off, which means that it is possible it will eventually break over time. Since I bought this for his safety, I was saddened that the most important piece was also the seemingly poorest quality. But, I may be overreacting and it will probably be fine in the end.
I am going to post a couple photos to show how it looks with a 10 pound dog in it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven and safety, November 22, 2012
......for small dogs. My dog is safe and can look out the window. Only drawback is the very stiff hook that connects to dog collar.

2.0 out of 5 stars outward hound booster seat (medium), September 23, 2012
Sara Schonberg (New Port Richey, FL) - See all my reviews
My dog weighs only nine pounds and she does fit in there, but there's no room to spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Car seat with the added safety, January 20, 2013
We had 2 of these seats for our Pomerainians and then we added another dog. It attaches easily to the car seat around the head rest and you can still fold down the seat if needed when not in use.

4.0 out of 5 stars great seat for the price, August 26, 2012
Terrific seat that keeps our dog confined and very happy. I thought I was ordering the same brand that has a blow up cushion in the bottom of it. That cushion makes the seat a little more stable, but this one, for the price, works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for small dogs!, January 31, 2013
This booster seat solved all my problems in one very easy and affordable solution! The seat takes just seconds to install and is is easily removed when you want to sit a person in the seat! Furthermore, your human passenger will see no remnants of the dog's seat occupation, as the seat contains a small dog completely, keeping them off all interior surfaces. The design is ingenious, as it compactly folds for storage (fits in my side door compartment when not in use) and protects all interior surfaces (side door and seat) from eager paws and mouths. Furthermore, I think it actually has a comforting effect, as my dog seems much more calm riding in this booster seat than with other restraint methods. He can see out the windows, but cannot access them from the seat. Furthermore, my mini schnauzer is about 12 lbs (slightly larger than recommended for this product), but he fits very securely in the seat, with enough room to turn himself around and curl up in the base to sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars These car seats are fantastic., August 24, 2013
This is the second type of these hanging car seats I own. I love them. The first set I bought were leather and sheep skin lined. They did not have great ventilation so I was worried about traveling in the summer with my pomeranians. I purchased these after a particularly hot day and am so glad I did. THey have ventilation holes on the sides to the air can get to my dogs. They have a really nice pad so the pups are comfortable. I love how securely they fasten to the car seats. It keeps the dogs in one place while giving them the opportunity to look out the window. My dogs absolutely love them!

Rate and Discover Movies