4.0 out of 5 stars helps to stabilize geriatric large breed dog
Published on November 13, 2012 by P. Wingenfeld

3.0 out of 5 stars It is too light and too thin.
Published on July 28, 2012 by cleartell

4.0 out of 5 stars helps to stabilize geriatric large breed dog, November 13, 2012
This review is from: Kyjen 2481 Dog Auto Velcro Lift Harness For Dogs, Large, Black (Misc.)
I have a 12.5 year old 95 pound Bouvier Des Flandres. Due to arthritis and a degenerating spine, he is unable to get up on his own. However, with the use of the Outward Hound Lift Harness, we are able to get him up to his feet and he is able to walk with support and stability around the house and outside to attend to business. If not for this product, my old guy would not be able to manage and we would not be able to mange him. Saved a few more months of living life for him. I wish it was a bit larger, however, as we have to pull tight to get the velcro attached.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is too light and too thin., July 28, 2012
I use this for my disc herniated Doberman. I use regular harness for her front legs and use this up lift harness for her back legs, so I can carry her in and out of the house few times a day to do her business. She is 58lbs. When I use it, it is all squeeze together become a narrow belt and dig into her belly. I have to put a heavy padding inside so it won't hurt her belly. I wish it is more heavy duty. I guess for the price, you really couldn't ask too much. Still, I am disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars size problem., October 23, 2013
This product runs very big. It will not support a dog less then 65 pounds.
Keep this in mind when ordering.

4.0 out of 5 stars This helped a lot, December 3, 2012
This helped us lift our 11 year old German Shepherd who couldn't use her back legs. She lost so much weight that I had to add another row of velcro, but it fit and still worked great. I'd definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, November 16, 2012
Product worked very well for my Rott/Shep Mix, (large dog). She was having problems getting up and down stairs to outside, used the product and had no problems (I myself am limited mobility). Would recommend, virtually painless for both man and best friend. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice quality...but didn't work for what I needed., July 29, 2012
This is a quality lift and had the circumstances been different I would have kept it. As it was, I needed it for a very thin Airedale with a broken front leg. It worked great going UP steps, but slipped off going DOWN steps because his back end is so thin. The size smaller wouldn't have fit his chest right. His size also was a bit too long for a male dog and irritated his 'dangly bits'... Would have been perfect for my female dog except was a size too small. I LOVE Kyjen products - they always seem to be first rate.

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful tool for lame dog, July 9, 2013
My dog weighs 95 lbs and with leg problems can't get into the back of the SUV. This is very helpful to assist him getting around. Better than trying a towel. I needed a handle.

3.0 out of 5 stars good for chubby dogs, September 28, 2012
I have a med.sized Malinois mix with really bad hips. I was hoping this would be better than the towels I've been using to stabilize her back end, but the soft harness has no inner support, so it just slips to the thinnest part of her abdomen, which is her bladder--which is the same problem I was having with the towels. If she was chubby and flat from her chest across her belly, it would fit great. I'm keeping it because it dries faster than the towels when washed.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's wonderful!, November 18, 2012
Tyler (Bethesda, MD USA) - See all my reviews
I truly couldn't do without this harness. My dog weighs 86 lbs and the harness is of great assistance to me and him in getting him into the car everyday.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt work., May 27, 2013
Todd Edwards (Bridgeport, CT USA) - See all my reviews
Have a 13 yr old 80 lb Rotti mix with severe hip dysplasia and arthritis. Just started having trouble climbing stairs. I can easily pick him up and carry him up the stairs but my wife can not. Read all the reviews and they were mixed but mostly good so I thought I would give it a try. Even with the velcro it does not stay in place and slides back to the rear legs and causes pain to my dog. Just a poor desigh. Returned it.