4.0 out of 5 stars helps to stabilize geriatric large breed dog
Published 20 months ago by P. Wingenfeld

3.0 out of 5 stars It is too light and too thin.
Published 24 months ago by cleartell

4.0 out of 5 stars helps to stabilize geriatric large breed dog, November 13, 2012
This review is from: Kyjen 2481 Dog Auto Velcro Lift Harness For Dogs, Large, Black (Misc.)
I have a 12.5 year old 95 pound Bouvier Des Flandres. Due to arthritis and a degenerating spine, he is unable to get up on his own. However, with the use of the Outward Hound Lift Harness, we are able to get him up to his feet and he is able to walk with support and stability around the house and outside to attend to business. If not for this product, my old guy would not be able to manage and we would not be able to mange him. Saved a few more months of living life for him. I wish it was a bit larger, however, as we have to pull tight to get the velcro attached.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is too light and too thin., July 28, 2012
I use this for my disc herniated Doberman. I use regular harness for her front legs and use this up lift harness for her back legs, so I can carry her in and out of the house few times a day to do her business. She is 58lbs. When I use it, it is all squeeze together become a narrow belt and dig into her belly. I have to put a heavy padding inside so it won't hurt her belly. I wish it is more heavy duty. I guess for the price, you really couldn't ask too much. Still, I am disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars This helped a lot, December 3, 2012
This helped us lift our 11 year old German Shepherd who couldn't use her back legs. She lost so much weight that I had to add another row of velcro, but it fit and still worked great. I'd definitely recommend this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars size problem., October 23, 2013
This product runs very big. It will not support a dog less then 65 pounds.
Keep this in mind when ordering.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice quality...but didn't work for what I needed., July 29, 2012
This is a quality lift and had the circumstances been different I would have kept it. As it was, I needed it for a very thin Airedale with a broken front leg. It worked great going UP steps, but slipped off going DOWN steps because his back end is so thin. The size smaller wouldn't have fit his chest right. His size also was a bit too long for a male dog and irritated his 'dangly bits'... Would have been perfect for my female dog except was a size too small. I LOVE Kyjen products - they always seem to be first rate.

3.0 out of 5 stars good for chubby dogs, September 28, 2012
I have a med.sized Malinois mix with really bad hips. I was hoping this would be better than the towels I've been using to stabilize her back end, but the soft harness has no inner support, so it just slips to the thinnest part of her abdomen, which is her bladder--which is the same problem I was having with the towels. If she was chubby and flat from her chest across her belly, it would fit great. I'm keeping it because it dries faster than the towels when washed.

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful tool for lame dog, July 9, 2013
My dog weighs 95 lbs and with leg problems can't get into the back of the SUV. This is very helpful to assist him getting around. Better than trying a towel. I needed a handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's wonderful!, November 18, 2012
Tyler (Bethesda, MD USA) - See all my reviews
I truly couldn't do without this harness. My dog weighs 86 lbs and the harness is of great assistance to me and him in getting him into the car everyday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, November 16, 2012
Product worked very well for my Rott/Shep Mix, (large dog). She was having problems getting up and down stairs to outside, used the product and had no problems (I myself am limited mobility). Would recommend, virtually painless for both man and best friend. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lifting severly injured dog, November 6, 2013
My Border Collie suffered a broken pelvis and I couldn't lift her without causing her great pain. After using the Lift, I was able to turn her and lift her much better. My only complaint was, that it bunched up and made it more like a rope after while and it had to be removed and redone.

Rate and Discover Movies