5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect
Published on August 14, 2012 by jackiej

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small for a 15 lb dog
Since the product information said it fit pets up to 20 lbs, I was surprised to find out upon receiving mine that my 15 lb. mutt wouldn't fit into it securely. The pack was reasonably well made, so I'm giving a couple of stars for that, but was entirely too small.
Published on August 24, 2012 by S. L. Hodge

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, August 14, 2012
I purchased this pack for my 10 week old papillon puppy. Since we normally walk 7 plus miles a day with my miniature poodle we did not want to leave the puppy behind but she clearly is not able to keep up at this point so after looking at several carriers settled on this one. The other one I considered did not have ventilation plus I liked the option of being able to tighten up the top. After one of our 7 miles walk today I can vouch that this is a great little carrier. It is padded on the inside and has great ventilation plus it is easy to carry with padding for the straps. The puppy fell asleep for almost an hour by curling up on the bottom of the carrier and with all the ventilation I did not have to worry about her getting overheated. She also loved putting her head out the top and being able to look around at what was going on. The size is large enough to fit her as an adult as well. I would recommend this carrier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome carrier!!, March 25, 2014
Length:: 2:13 Mins

I made this video review to show you the size guys,my dog Tofu is a 3lbs teacup Maltese and he loves it!!I would say the small size is good for max 5 lbs..I also made one more video when I try it out on the street with my dog in it, check it out on youtube just search "kyjen outward hound pet carrier" on youtube ,here is the link [...] ..I definitely recommend this product it's comfortable and nice ..I tried it on my rats too but they climb out ,might work with male rats and other small pets cause they calmer,my girls are escapers..lol ps I don't know why I said oatward not outward,lol my bad..:)

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a great product, June 25, 2014
I received one of these as a gift from my daughter. I have a 10# affen-poo (affenpinscher poodle mix) who LOVES to ride on my motorcycle. If she sees me holding the pouch, she goes nuts with excitement. The bag is well made and comfortable for both of us. If it gets too windy, she ducks down comfortably inside.

Being nervous about the straps sliding off my shoulders (over a large leather jacket, this was likely), I cross the left side of the pouch strap over my left shoulder, crossing it over my back and connect it to the right side of the bag and vice-versa. It may be a little awkward putting it on this way at first, but if you leave one strap always connected, it is a little easier. It has a back strap to keep the pouch against your chest if you lean forward. Also, it is probably best if you use a harness rather than connecting it to a collar, because it adds some extra security.

Pay less attention to the weight of your pet than its dimensions for choosing the correct size. The first one I got was too small, so I exchanged it for the medium.

For the people who have rated this one star:

* Because their pet didn't like it. Get real. That is not a product deficiency.
* It has too many straps. Really? It has three, as many as it needs.
* It is too small for their pet. Get a larger one. If your pet is too big for the larger size, you probably don't want to carry it on your chest anyway.
* It has unneeded pockets/pouches. It has one zippered pouch with multiple pockets. Don't put stuff in them. I use mine for treats, poop bags, doggles, and a leash.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small for a 15 lb dog, August 24, 2012
S. L. Hodge "Reader for life" (Southern Appalachian Mtns.) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Be careful if you baby weighs 14 lbs, September 10, 2012
I purchased this for our 14 lb shitzu, she cannot lay it it at all. I had to return this as the medium does not work for her.

2.0 out of 5 stars Front carrier, October 11, 2012
My 12 lb chorkie was to big for it. When he stood up he was almost completely out of the back pack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, November 30, 2012
I use this for my 8 pound Havanese. I can take her grocery shopping with me or on my motorcycle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy but Small, March 12, 2014
Wolfrider (Rhode Island, USA) - See all my reviews
I ordered a size small for my Chihuahua, who is 9 lbs. but she is very long-bodied; she measure 16" from where her collar is to the base of her tail. She only half-fits in it, so if you have a dog similar in size, you definitely need the medium size. I would say if your dog measures over 10" using the same measure I did, you need the medium size. Other than that, it's a very nice carrier, sturdy with ventilation so the dog won't be too hot inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect carrier., February 11, 2013
I bought this to carry my 4 pound chihuahua, Holly, and it works perfect. No complaints. Very comfortable being worn both front and backwards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Option for Puppies and Parvo Prevention, May 14, 2013
Esther Hahn (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Over a decade ago, I had a terrible experience with my adopted black lab puppy who came home from the animal shelter with parvovirus, a fatal disease. Puppies are the most susceptible to parvo because they aren’t fully vaccinated against the disease for a few months (which is transmitted through fecal matter of infected dogs). But because there’s an incubation period of 5-7 days, we had no clue that my black lab had the virus until we brought her home. After extensive vet care, the vet gave the clear to return home. I was ecstatic. But a couple hours before picking her up, she made a turn for the worse and passed away.

The experience was traumatizing. Cue the puppy bjorn by Kyjen. By wearing my new puppy in the carrier, we can keep her safe from the diseases on the ground while keeping our 2-year-old cattle dog happy and active. And for puppy’s potty needs while out and about, we cart sod around in the back of the car — yes, we really are that kind of people.

Puppy is about 7 lbs and the medium is perfect since she fits well now with room to grow. For photos, please see my blog: [...]