5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect
Published 23 months ago by jackiej

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small for a 15 lb dog
Since the product information said it fit pets up to 20 lbs, I was surprised to find out upon receiving mine that my 15 lb. mutt wouldn't fit into it securely. The pack was reasonably well made, so I'm giving a couple of stars for that, but was entirely too small.
Published 23 months ago by S. L. Hodge

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, August 14, 2012
I purchased this pack for my 10 week old papillon puppy. Since we normally walk 7 plus miles a day with my miniature poodle we did not want to leave the puppy behind but she clearly is not able to keep up at this point so after looking at several carriers settled on this one. The other one I considered did not have ventilation plus I liked the option of being able to tighten up the top. After one of our 7 miles walk today I can vouch that this is a great little carrier. It is padded on the inside and has great ventilation plus it is easy to carry with padding for the straps. The puppy fell asleep for almost an hour by curling up on the bottom of the carrier and with all the ventilation I did not have to worry about her getting overheated. She also loved putting her head out the top and being able to look around at what was going on. The size is large enough to fit her as an adult as well. I would recommend this carrier.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small for a 15 lb dog, August 24, 2012
S. L. Hodge "Reader for life" (Southern Appalachian Mtns.) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Be careful if you baby weighs 14 lbs, September 10, 2012
I purchased this for our 14 lb shitzu, she cannot lay it it at all. I had to return this as the medium does not work for her.

2.0 out of 5 stars Front carrier, October 11, 2012
My 12 lb chorkie was to big for it. When he stood up he was almost completely out of the back pack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, November 30, 2012
I use this for my 8 pound Havanese. I can take her grocery shopping with me or on my motorcycle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome carrier!!, March 25, 2014
Length:: 2:13 Mins

I made this video review to show you the size guys,my dog Tofu is a 3lbs teacup Maltese and he loves it!!I would say the small size is good for max 5 lbs..I also made one more video when I try it out on the street with my dog in it, check it out on youtube just search "kyjen outward hound pet carrier" on youtube ,here is the link [...] ..I definitely recommend this product it's comfortable and nice ..I tried it on my rats too but they climb out ,might work with male rats and other small pets cause they calmer,my girls are escapers..lol ps I don't know why I said oatward not outward,lol my bad..:)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not too thrilled., September 1, 2012
Our 5 month old chihuahua is only 6 pounds and he was too big for the medium pack. When he stood up, his back was taller than the sides of the carrier. Also, when I finally got him convinced to sit down in it so I could tighten up the drawstring, it broke. I only used it once. Waste of time and money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Option for Puppies and Parvo Prevention, May 14, 2013
Esther Hahn (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Over a decade ago, I had a terrible experience with my adopted black lab puppy who came home from the animal shelter with parvovirus, a fatal disease. Puppies are the most susceptible to parvo because they aren’t fully vaccinated against the disease for a few months (which is transmitted through fecal matter of infected dogs). But because there’s an incubation period of 5-7 days, we had no clue that my black lab had the virus until we brought her home. After extensive vet care, the vet gave the clear to return home. I was ecstatic. But a couple hours before picking her up, she made a turn for the worse and passed away.

The experience was traumatizing. Cue the puppy bjorn by Kyjen. By wearing my new puppy in the carrier, we can keep her safe from the diseases on the ground while keeping our 2-year-old cattle dog happy and active. And for puppy’s potty needs while out and about, we cart sod around in the back of the car — yes, we really are that kind of people.

Puppy is about 7 lbs and the medium is perfect since she fits well now with room to grow. For photos, please see my blog: [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars This Doggie Roo pouch has improved everyones adventure life!, May 9, 2013
I have a 13 pound, 13 year old dog who has had a hard life, although most of the time you'd never guess when you look at him. When he was young and before he was in our family he was shot in the leg. Since then under our care he has had his hardware changed 3 times and may lose both his legs one day. We are very active people, always hiking, camping and backbacking, and he is always ready to go and full of enthusiasm. Since it can be very hot where we live and the hikes are long, he can sometimes get very tired, due to his age and mostly his disability, that we were having to carry him in our arms like a baby for half of some hiking trips. That's when we looked up this carrier-we hadn't seen one before and before we tried to make one ourselves we found this on Amazon. The price and reviews were right, so we ordered it. It's amazing! He goes right in and takes it easy when he gets worn out. He goes in easy, comes out easy, and enjoys the ride in the meantime. It's durable and seems confortable for him. We also have an Outward Hound life jacket (we actually didn't notice it was the same brand until our first time out with the carrier) and that's been of great use and quality, too. I would difinitely recommend this product to interested parties since it's helped our little guy enjoy what he loves most and has improved the quality of his and our lives!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy but Small, March 12, 2014
Wolfrider (Rhode Island, USA) - See all my reviews
I ordered a size small for my Chihuahua, who is 9 lbs. but she is very long-bodied; she measure 16" from where her collar is to the base of her tail. She only half-fits in it, so if you have a dog similar in size, you definitely need the medium size. I would say if your dog measures over 10" using the same measure I did, you need the medium size. Other than that, it's a very nice carrier, sturdy with ventilation so the dog won't be too hot inside.

Rate and Discover Movies