Customer Video Review     Length:: 5:33 Mins
Published on August 27, 2012 by Julie Greene

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Exactly What I Ordered
Published on April 30, 2011 by S. Rigby

5.0 out of 5 stars Here is my dog, Puzzle, learning to get into this sling....perfect for small service dog, August 27, 2012
This review is from: Kyjen 2515 Pet Sling Dog Carrier Adjustable Pet Carrier, Small, Blue (Misc.)
Length:: 5:33 Mins

UPDATE: I added a star, making it five stars. I used this sling on public transit, both bus and subway today. It was excellent. We were on a very, very crowded bus. We stood for a long period. Puzzle was in the sling and did not get stepped on. My arms did not get tired from holding her, and I had arms free to hold onto railings. Folks thought she was so cute in it. She felt protected from not-so-nice bus patrons and dog-shy patrons felt protected from her. I decorated the sling with service dog notifications.

*****

Hi, I'm Julie and this is my Service Dog In Training, Puzzle. This is also my first attempt at movie editing. I will try to leave an update.

Puzzle is 15 pounds, as I said, measures 16 inches around her chest, 17 at the maximum point around her chest, 9-1/4 inches around her neck, no more than 14 inches high at the shoulder (yes, I knit for her). If I recall correctly, a sweater that starts at Puzzle's collar and reaches the front of Puzzle's rear legs is 13 inches long, not sure though. So that gives you an idea of her size. I would say that this sling is a good size for her given her proportions. I'd say you'd need two Yorkies to fill this sling. I am five foot one inch tall.

After I was done making the video, Puzzle made it clear that she liked the sling and found it a cozy place to hang out. I shortened the strap and filmed again. The second film was brief and I spliced it to the first. This product will be great in the winter. Why? Here in New England, they use sand and salt on the roads. If she walks on the road and then hops into my lap on the bus, I'll be covered with slush.

(UPDATE: I shortened the shoulder strap again considerably when we went out because I found it easier to walk with Puzzle up a bit higher.)

Service dogs are normally on the floor but tiny service animals often sit in laps....I can see that this product would help an owner of a non-service dog (pet) in "iffy" situation...the dog looks and feels secure to herself and to others in this sling, rather than just being held in one's arms.

I can see using this product for an elderly dog or puppy who does not have enough energy to complete a walk, but only if the dog isn't too heavy. Make sure you have enough energy to carry the weight of the dog. I would not want to carry Puzzle for miles. Remember, the average laptop nowadays is generally under seven pounds, usually five pounds, for comparison, and laptops don't wiggle out of your arms.

I can see that if a dog does not feel cozy in the sling, it would not be a safe product because the dog is not enclosed in any way. The dog will quickly jump out, even though, as I noted in the film, there is a little tie thingy where you can clip the dog to the sling.

I'd say that the sling itself weighs less than the average jacket and more than a shirt.

I hope I'm not too boring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps my little one close to me., September 7, 2009
I love this carrier. We have a little 6 pound Morkie and wanted to take her places with us but she is so little we worried about people stepping on her if she was on her leash. This puts her close to me and lets me have my hands free. We watched the 4th of July parade and Belle was scared a couple times but she just ducked in side her "pocket" as we call it and all was well! I really like the across the shoulder style as it takes the weight off my back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds cat well when spooked, May 30, 2012
I just got this and immediately strapped in my small cat to take him for a stroll. Looking at the product, I didn't think he would fit, but I put it on the ground the first time, attached the end clips to the leash and then put the strap around my cat and found that it made the cat lay down to fit comfortably (better balance for me). I went outside and he was fine, looking around. I made the mistake of standing by someone as they were starting a motorcycle, however, and my cat freaked out! If I hadn't had him clipped in, he would have run off for sure! The clips were so great, though, I was able to hold him until I got back to the house, then clipped him in again with ease. It kept a hold of my cat without me getting scratched to death! Worth the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars packs light for an emergency carry on the trails, December 14, 2011
I bought this as an inexpensive alternative for carrying my dog when she or he gets tired, overheated or in case of emergengy. I can carry the 13 pound Dachshund or with effort the 25 pound mix breed. A little bulky to roll up and carry but worth it for an emergency carry back home.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Exactly What I Ordered, April 30, 2011
I was looking for a hands-free carrier I can take to Europe so I can carry my 7 pound chihuahua around or take him on a bike ride. This description said it was for pets up to 12 pounds, so I felt it would be about the right size. What I received was a carrier that says it is for pets up to 20 pounds and my dog is swimming in it. There is room to put my fanny pack in the carrier with my dog and still have extra space. I put a small blanket in the bottom for comfort since it is a nylon-type material. It's a bit of a stretch for him to stick his head out of the top, but he tries. What I received matched a description of another item that said it was best for longer dogs.

I wish the description of the carrier was more detailed because I saw another carrier with the same name, for pets up to 20 pounds that folded into a small carrying case. I was hoping this one did. It is a bit bulky and will take up more room than I hoped in my suitcase. I am debating whether to send it back or try to adapt it to him.

A couple of things I do like are the strap that snaps across the carrier that makes me feel that he is a little safer in it - and there is a very small zippered pocket where I could put keys or a little money.

Update- I just found out that the older products showed a weight limit of 12 pounds and the newer ones say 20 pounds, but they are the same item.

1.0 out of 5 stars Well made but waaaay too shallow, October 10, 2012
Revision:

Regretfully, I'm unable to update this review with a positive outcome as I hoped.

Item is 6" across and the sides give. The inside security tabs, at their tightest, allow a 5lb dog to easily slip out.

LuvPetsWorldWide has refused any feasible exchange or refund, prolonged communication to make it appear the 30-day refund policy (the item is defective) ran out to avoid a refund.

I cannot, in all honesty, withhold how bad this item is, though it may be ok from another seller or different website.

You will be enormously disappointed or worse, with this particular item if it's like the one I got, which seems to be a factory error, unboxed item.

If you've already purchased it, be sure to try lifting your dog in it ONLY OVER SOMETHING VERY SOFT like a bed or sofa.

My initial item review - I tried to work this out with the seller....and, still remove some parts of this ONLY if she will adjust this product ad to accurately describe the size of the item!

_______________________________________________________

I spoke w/the seller, who was incredibly nice about exchanging this item for a deeper sling as this one didn't work out for us based on the up to 20lbs description.

It is way to shallow to be be safe for my 5lb dog.

Seller was willing to do an exchange and couldn't have been nicer about it but, it's been 1 week and seller has not gotten back in touch with me!

I hope everything is ok and will update this review once the matter is resolved.

In the meantime, the pros are the reflective color, price & included dish.

If your dog is 6" or taller, they can easily squirm out of the safety harnesses inside and the item defeats the purpose of being able to easily carry your dog and a package or two at the same time because you have to hold onto it to keep the dog from slipping out.

It's very well made but for very small pets 3-4lbs or under and doesn't have a floor board to help them stand up straight when inside of it.

I'd recommend a Sherpa or Sherpa on wheels and separate reflectors or the older versions of this sling and separate reflectors over this product for the safety and comfort of your pet & your own wallet.

Disappointed is an understatement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big fans!, April 19, 2013
Bought this to carry my 14 pound dachshund at a crowded dog show event.

Have had another carrier, which was similar, but not as long...and he did not fit down into it as well. This one is just perfect for his length and weight, although I don't think I would carry a dog much bigger than him.
I'm not very tall (5'3) and have a bad back/neck...and carrying Oscar in this does not hurt me AT ALL! It keeps him close to me, and we are both comfortable. At the same time, my boyfriend is over 6' and he is also very comfortable with it!

Very comfy, for owners and dogs alike. Love the safety features like the leash clip in, and the strap across his back. I would recommend this to all small dog owners..especially Doxies!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver, December 19, 2012
I bought this for my girlfriends pug, she is only two and has bad hips and knees. My girlfriend lives on the third floor of a apartment. and this is a lifesaver. so much easier to carry and safer. thankyou.

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD VALUE AND DECENT CARRIER, December 7, 2011
Critic is me (California USA) - See all my reviews
I HAVE BEEN USING A REGULAR BABY SLING FOR MY CHIHUAHUA WHO IS ABOUT 6 MONTHS OLD AND ABOUT 6LBS. I WANTED TO GET A SLING THAT WAS A REASONABLE PRICE AND WOULD DO THE JOB I NEEDED, WHICH IS TO CARRY HER AROUND COMFORTABLY FOR ME AND HER. SHE WAS USED TO THE OTHER SLING SO TOOK TO IT WITH NO PROBLEM. IT IS LIGHTER THAN THE OTHER AS THIS IS NYLON AND IS LESS BULKY. I THINK THIS IS A GOOD REPLACEMENT FOR WHAT I HAD.
IT HAS EXTRA ROOM FOR HER WHICH I LIKE, UNLIKE THE OTHER REVIEW BECAUSE IT GIVES HER THAT SPACE FOR LAYING DOWN INSIDE OF IT AND DUCKING HER HEAD DOWN AND TAKING A NAP, WHICH SHE OFTEN DOES. ALSO HAS A TOP CROSS BELT AND 2 TETHER CLASPS ON EITHER SIDE TO KEEP HER IN. THE ONLY IMPROVMENT I WOULD MAKE TO THIS IS TO HAVE A SOFT COVER FOR THE AREA THAT IS IN CONTACT WITH YOUR NECK, BECAUSE THIS STRAP IS WIDE AND BEING NYLON IS UNCOMFORTABLE AND WILL RUB YOUR SKIN RAW, PROBABLY AT THE AUTO PARTS STORE I WILL FIND A SEAT BELT COVER THAT SHOULD DO THE JOB. THAT IS WHY I GAVE 4 STARS INSTEAD OF 5 OTHERWISE ALL WAS FINE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs love it., July 17, 2012
I purchased this pet sling for my daughter who lives on the third floor of a walk up apartment. She has two small dogs, one who is blind in one eye and unable to see well enough to walk down the stairs. This was just what she was looking for. Thank you.