4.0 out of 5 stars Durable but definitely NOT invincible
BACKGROUND
Published on October 18, 2012 by Scott Cameron

3.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere near "invincible", but my dogs did enjoy it.
The title of the product gave me high hopes. "INVINCIBLES: They Keep SQUEAKING, Even When PUNCTURED!" Unfortunately I didn't read the fine print, "not designed for aggressive chewers."

Published on December 4, 2010 by Alan

3.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere near "invincible", but my dogs did enjoy it., December 4, 2010
Alan (Florida, U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kyjen Invincible Snake Dog Toy, Green, Plush, 6-Squeaker (Misc.)

While the squeakers themselves can keep squeaking when punctured, they don't quite make it if the squeakers are ripped out and apart by your eager dog. We have a pit mix and a golden lab mix, and the pit in particular loves anything with squeakers. She definitely enjoyed loving this toy... to death. It lasted roughly half an hour before every squeaker was removed, all that remains is the snake's squeakerless carcass, akin to a real snake's molted skin. She will still happily carry it around though so it's not a total loss. The lab mix, too, enjoyed carrying it around in his big mouth, but the pit tends to swipe the lab's toys, so naturally his toy, too, met its fate sooner than I would've liked.

I'd say my dogs definitely enjoyed using the product, but I would've enjoyed it if they could've enjoyed it as long as the name implied.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Really Invincible, December 18, 2010
We ordered the toy with the hope that our 6 year old female cocker spaniel (22#) would not be able to destroy it. Unfortunately she had chewed edges off the toy in minutes and had the head off in about 10. A cute toy, but it does not have the right stuff for a determined destroyer...

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable but definitely NOT invincible, October 18, 2012
BACKGROUND
I have two labradors and, with my friends dogs over, we have a combined combination of five labradors at a time. If you have seen the film "Marley & Me" then you will understand our dogs. They tear through concrete, dry wall, and, well, just about anything they can get their paws and mouths on. It is very important to have plenty of toys for them to keep pre-occupied as most of the destruction is caused by dogs that are bored.

Unfortunately, many items are not able to withstand this combined destructive force. I spotted these "Invincible" line of toys and thought they were worth a try. I ended up ordering basically one of every style and size.

APPEARANCE
The toys come in different sizes, colors, and shapes. The most common are the Gecko and the Snake. The toys are covered with a more durable cloth that is fuzzy and suppose to withstand quite a bit of chewing. Inside the toys are what are described as durable squeakers that, if punctured, will still squeak even after hours of being bitten and chewed upon. The larger the toy ordered, the more squeakers that are sewn into the toy.

RELIABILITY
I have to admit these toys did last about ten times as long as any other toy I have given my dogs. Unfortunately, nothing is indestructible. My dogs managed to find kinks in the lining of the toys that, once penetrated, will cause the toys to open leaving stuffing and squeak toys all over the place. The squeakers did withstand quite a bit of chewing before the squeaking went silent.

I noticed that the snake toy did last quite a bit longer than the gecko or the little dragon characters. The snake had separate compartments for the squeakers and so, if one was torn out, the others survived. On the Gecko once its middle section was torn open the squeakers were lost.

CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Not utilized

PROS:
++ Lasted about 10X times the length of time as other "invincible" toys

CONS:
++ They are not truly "invincible" and will be destroyed over time

CONCLUSION
The invincible line of toys did last a lot longer than most toys that I have purchased for my labradors. I would recommend the snake over the gecko or other styles. I have had to toss the geckos as they were shredded but the snakes are still with me to this day six months later. Also note, even though "Invincible" is in the title, these toys are definitely not although you will save an incredible amount purchasing these toys once and having a gradual destruction process versus having to buy new toys continuously over the same period of time that these lasted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kyjen plush puppies 6 squeaker snake, October 3, 2010
My terrier can kill almost every squeaker in seconds, but "Jake-e Snake-e" has survived two weeks now. The dog loves it and plays with it very hard - and all the time. I may go batty from the squeaking, however. It's also great for tugging - Hightly recommended. We got the green, but I honestly don't think color matters to anyone other than the human.

1.0 out of 5 stars Read The Small Print, February 19, 2011
B. Gore (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
My labs received two plush snakes for Christmas. The Kyjen Invincible and a regular plush. The results were exactly the same: ten minutes, maybe less, and that includes the squeaker's squeakability. I was surprised the Kyjen snake didn't last at least a little longer than a plush making no claims, but then I read the small print on the tag, "Not for aggressive chewers." Buyer beware: always read the small print.

1.0 out of 5 stars invincible FAIL, December 15, 2010
lasted 3 min... yup - 3 min -- than the tongue was gone (saw that and thought what a dumb thing to put on a dog toy), next the eyes (which are raised and thus irresistible) are ripped open... and finally -- in the next 3 min play session - the body was ripped open.... this is a piece of junk.
will not buy again - going to see if i can get my money back in fact.

1.0 out of 5 stars not for aggressive chewers, June 15, 2011
My 9 month old lab puppy loves it... was so excited to run around the house and squeak it.. however. within an hour.. the poor thing was ripped open and squeakers in shreds..

I wish I could find something he loves and wont destroy in minutes

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Toy!, September 5, 2010
Angie (Apache Junction, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This is absolutely our dogs favorite toy. They will play with it until they're too tuckered out to continue. We've had it for several months and all of the squeakers still work. One of our dogs is a BIG chewer, but she's only managed to chew out the snake's eyes (which doesn't affect the toy at all). She's usually carrying it around with her. I plan on getting the three squeaker one so that it doesn't drag on the ground! Just be prepared for a lot of squeaking!

4.0 out of 5 stars Comparitively, August 13, 2010
I think the other review is WAY too harsh. My dog can surgically remove a squeaker in about 2 minutes. This toy lasted a whole day. That's almost 24X longer than any other squeaky toy I've purchased. Plus, she was bonkers about it. It's NOT indestructible, but the only real toy I've found that is indestructible is a toy we both hate. I appreciate this toy, and I'm buying it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy but not invincible, December 6, 2010
Plush toys seldom last more than a day once our 5-year-old black lab gets ahold of them, the stuffing is usually out and the squeaker(s) destroyed after one play session. While this snake is not invincible, it is sturdier than most plush. Our dog has chewed on it multiple times since we gave it to her a week ago: the rattle in the tail was out within minutes, the head was ripped open on the second day, one of the giant squeaker sections was removed and chewed in half the third day, another on the fourth and the last is still intact. I've yet to find a fabric toy our dog couldn't destroy so I wasn't terribly surprised when this snake proved to be less than "invincible" but I am impressed that it's held up as long as it has. I paid about $7 for it online, she's played with it about seven times and still has more damage to do before it's destroyed; at less than $1 per play session, I consider it money well spent.