Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Outward Hound Kyjen 21009 PoochPouch Front Carrier For Dogs Easy-Fit Adjustable Dog Carrier, Medium, Blue
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 25, 2014
I received one of these as a gift from my daughter. I have a 10# affen-poo (affenpinscher poodle mix) who LOVES to ride on my motorcycle. If she sees me holding the pouch, she goes nuts with excitement. The bag is well made and comfortable for both of us. If it gets too windy, she ducks down comfortably inside.

Being nervous about the straps sliding off my shoulders (over a large leather jacket, this was likely), I cross the left side of the pouch strap over my left shoulder, crossing it over my back and connect it to the right side of the bag and vice-versa. It may be a little awkward putting it on this way at first, but if you leave one strap always connected, it is a little easier. It has a back strap to keep the pouch against your chest if you lean forward. Also, it is probably best if you use a harness rather than connecting it to a collar, because it adds some extra security.

Pay less attention to the weight of your pet than its dimensions for choosing the correct size. The first one I got was too small, so I exchanged it for the medium.

For the people who have rated this one star:

* Because their pet didn't like it. Get real. That is not a product deficiency.
* It has too many straps. Really? It has three, as many as it needs.
* It is too small for their pet. Get a larger one. If your pet is too big for the larger size, you probably don't want to carry it on your chest anyway.
* It has unneeded pockets/pouches. It has one zippered pouch with multiple pockets. Don't put stuff in them. I use mine for treats, poop bags, doggles, and a leash.
review image
99 comments|489 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2014
I made this video review to show you the size guys,my dog Tofu is a 3lbs teacup Maltese and he loves it!!I would say the small size is good for max 5 lbs..I also made one more video when I try it out on the street with my dog in it, check it out on youtube just search "kyjen outward hound pet carrier" on youtube ,here is the link [...] ..I definitely recommend this product it's comfortable and nice ..I tried it on my rats too but they climb out ,might work with male rats and other small pets cause they calmer,my girls are escapers..lol ps I don't know why I said oatward not outward,lol my bad..:)
1010 comments|477 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2012
I purchased this pack for my 10 week old papillon puppy. Since we normally walk 7 plus miles a day with my miniature poodle we did not want to leave the puppy behind but she clearly is not able to keep up at this point so after looking at several carriers settled on this one. The other one I considered did not have ventilation plus I liked the option of being able to tighten up the top. After one of our 7 miles walk today I can vouch that this is a great little carrier. It is padded on the inside and has great ventilation plus it is easy to carry with padding for the straps. The puppy fell asleep for almost an hour by curling up on the bottom of the carrier and with all the ventilation I did not have to worry about her getting overheated. She also loved putting her head out the top and being able to look around at what was going on. The size is large enough to fit her as an adult as well. I would recommend this carrier.
22 comments|232 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2013
I bought this to carry my 4 pound chihuahua, Holly, and it works perfect. No complaints. Very comfortable being worn both front and backwards.
review image
33 comments|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2014
I ordered a size small for my Chihuahua, who is 9 lbs. but she is very long-bodied; she measure 16" from where her collar is to the base of her tail. She only half-fits in it, so if you have a dog similar in size, you definitely need the medium size. I would say if your dog measures over 10" using the same measure I did, you need the medium size. Other than that, it's a very nice carrier, sturdy with ventilation so the dog won't be too hot inside.
on July 20, 2015
I bought this carrier for my 11 year old chihuahua. She is small, only about 5 lbs. We enjoy camping, and want to take her along, but she has a hard time keeping up on hikes, and in her "senior years" has some trouble with her knees. She just doesn't get around as well as she used to! We had the alternative to leave her in the camper when we hiked, or at home, but that didn't seem fair (and she barks in the camper). This past weekend was our first trip with the carrier - it worked great!! She was comfortable and could see where we were going. My daughter carried her, and didn't have any problem keeping up. She said the pack was comfortable to wear and was not heavy or cumbersome. At one point, Lola (dog), became scared of a noise, and was able to burrow down into the pack. Lola was even able to catch a few "snacks," the flies that were flying around. I would recommend this product for anyone needing an easy way to carry around their furry family members.
on November 30, 2012
I use this for my 8 pound Havanese. I can take her grocery shopping with me or on my motorcycle.
11 comment|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2012
I purchased this for our 14 lb shitzu, she cannot lay it it at all. I had to return this as the medium does not work for her.
11 comment|109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2015
lol - not even close to fitting an 20# dog.... Let alone my 13# jack.
review image
22 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on August 24, 2012
Since the product information said it fit pets up to 20 lbs, I was surprised to find out upon receiving mine that my 15 lb. mutt wouldn't fit into it securely. The pack was reasonably well made, so I'm giving a couple of stars for that, but was entirely too small.
22 comments|113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hello! Thank you for your comment, and I'm sorry this didn't work for you. We hear a lot of questions regarding sizing and always tell our customers that every dog is different, and what works for one won't work for the next. We say "up to 20 lbs." but if your pup is especially tall or broad, it may have difficulties. When sizing, it is best to consider all factors, such as height and width, which are also in the sizing chart. Also keep in mind that the carrier is made for the pup's head to be sticking out! I'm terribly sorry this didn't work out for you, if you have any more concerns, please contact us at support@outwardhound.com