5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Dog Toy
Published on July 6, 2008 by Michele D. Webb

1.0 out of 5 stars Item is NOT as described!
Published on March 8, 2012 by peterpam0706

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Dog Toy, July 6, 2008
This are my dog's favorite toy! This purchase was just to upgrade an original purchase. We bought the whole "Hide-a-Squirrel" stump with the squirrels for her for Christmas, and she loves them! She takes the squirrels all around the house with her. They go in her bed, in bed with her humans, and she has never destroyed them like she has every other stuffed toy with squeakers. Any other stuffed toy has become like "road-kill" in a few days, as she chews them until she gets the squeaker out and then pulls the all the stuffing out. These are like her little babies. We just had to upgrade the squirrels because she has started to wear them out from the doggy "slobber" that is always on them from carrying them in her mouth. Overall, a great, and rather affordable investment. Would recommend these to anyone with a terrier who loves to chew their toys!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get the Squirrels, September 14, 2009
We ordered a set of replacement squirrels at the same time as ordering one of the Hide a Squirrel juniors not realizing the squirrels were a different size. It wasn't a big deal because the replacements were a fun toy size for our little Yorkie-Poo. She was a big fan of the squirrels while they lasted. They are soft, furry, and not overly sqweaky. As has already been stated, the squirrels hold up a lot longer than most of the tough dog toys. Normally, she can shred an indestructable in a day or two but the squirrels took weeks. Well worth the money and a lot of fun to watch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Item is NOT as described!, March 8, 2012
This review is from: Kyjen PP01045 Squeakin' Animals Hide-A-Squirrel Replacement Dog Toys Squeak Toys 3-Pack, Small, Brown (Misc.)
The actual toy is great! My dogs love it and my house looks like a squirrel massacre! However, the item name needs to be updated because these are not the Large squirrels. They are quite small in fact. I know this is the wrong size because I've already bought the actual large toy, and the squirrels are much bigger! I will keep the product, because my smaller girls can enjoy them, but I would like the name to be updated so that no one else orders the wrong replacement squirrels.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dog Loves These, August 18, 2008
George Shaw (Columbus, OH USA) - See all my reviews
I have a one-year-old Golden-Retriever-and-Border-Collie mix, and he loves these squirrels. He likes getting them out of the stump, but he loves working on the squeakers in these squirrels. Every once in a while he gets worked up and rips apart a squirrel, hence the need to periodically buy replacements, but they last a decently long time. Many toys with squeekers don't last more than a week (including all those "indestructable" toys).

4.0 out of 5 stars Yellow lab loves them, March 17, 2012
I have purchased these products multiple times now. They are my puppy's favorite toy. We call them her "guys" and have had to create a "guy hospital" to repair them on a regular basis. The only reason I can't give them five stars is the fact that she DESTROYS them. More her fault than the products and I will continue to repair and replace them for as long as she enjoys them

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog loves these, June 3, 2014
I got my 20lb dog a large hide-a-squirrel tree and these extra squirrels. None have been ripped open yet, and I've had the product for over two months. Very well made products!

5.0 out of 5 stars These Are Great!, January 14, 2014
I have to watch my moderate chewer because these are not the hardiest of chipmunks but it's great to have extras to stuff in the matching log. He loves to pull them out and will keep at it until they are all in a pile. The other dog isn't a chewer at all and doesn't see the point of stuffing them in a log to begin with. She thinks of them as alternative soft retrievable toys which she loves for us to throw. They really are a cute toy at the right price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always pays to have a back up plan., January 13, 2014
My puppy loves it when I load the squirrels into the tree trunk so he can play at unloading them all and then he gets to play with them and their inbuilt squeakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't have to buy the the tree when you can get the squirrels separeately, January 8, 2014
Last year we bought the tree that included the squirrels for a hide and seek adventure but none of our 3 dogs were interested in the seek and find portion so we just tossed the tree in the doggie bin and they never played with it again. They loved the squirrels though and they lasted an entire year through the abuse of 1 chihuahua, 1 Maltese and 1 Havanese.

I would recommend these for small size dogs only as medium size and up would have no problem tearing them apart the first day as their are just too many parts to hold on to and pull apart.

We will just be going with the squirrel refills from now on as they love the fact that they can grab them by the tail while you play tug of war with them, which they love and keep in mind that my dogs are all small breed with those tiny sharp teeth so these lasting a year is impressive.

I highly suggest buying them here and from this company as the shipping was just as perfect as the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs Love This Toy, February 9, 2013
My dogs love these squirrels and their home. They last a long time. If the squeakers go they lose interest

Rate and Discover Movies