5.0 out of 5 stars A Fido Favorite
The bee hive is the all time favorite in our house....great for playing hide the treat and for playing catch the bees. The bees are Just the right size for carrying around in the mouth and the bee hive and bees come clean in the washing machine.
Published on January 7, 2009 by Susan T. McCormack

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely flimsy
Published on September 7, 2010 by Mh

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fido Favorite, January 7, 2009
Susan T. McCormack (Maumelle, Arkansas United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars well above 5 stars. The best interactive toy available. 10 stars, November 9, 2006
My pug loves this toy better than all the rest of this kind. He jumps to pull the beas out of the hive. He squeaks the beas. Perhaps it is the contrast of the black band and the shape of the bea head. He went crazy for this toy and got exercise with it. It is better to play with you dog and hold the hive and have them pull the beas out by their heads. He likes the wing detail for chewing on. This toy gives exercise. I am so glad I tried it. He plays with the hegehog on his own. Those are the 2 best toys. The squirels from the hide a squirel are fun, but the game holder is not something he was really excited about. These interactive toys are great. I have never seen such excitement and tail wagging. He hardly ever wags his tail and he did with this toy and the jumping is great exercise. This one is the best. It is well worth $10 for a dog who loves to play. I get him to stop destroying the house as much with these toys.

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely flimsy, September 7, 2010
This review is from: Kyjen PP01055 Hide-A-Bee Plush Dog Toys 4-Piece Squeak Toy, Large, Yellow (Misc.)
My dogs (20 and 40 lbs) loved this toy right when it first came out of the box. However, by the end of the night, the bees were coming apart at the seams. This happened even though I did not allow them to tug at them or sit and try to de-stuff them. By the end of the week, the hive was also coming apart in multiple places. Again, I even took this toy away when I wasn't around to watch them. Of course, all toys, plush or rubber, eventually get destroyed. Sadly, this one didn't last more than a few days.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's all about the bees!, February 24, 2010
lorikp (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I bought the large size for my 15 and 10 pound Maltese/Shih Tzu's. I was a little worried it may be too big for them but they seem to like the big fuzzy toys w/ squeakers the best so after reading all the good reviews I decided to give it a shot.

(Without using a ruler I think the hive is about 5" by 4" by 4" and the bees are about 2" thick around and 3" long.)

Anyway, they LOVE the bees (and they look so cute -and hilarious- in their mouths)!! Overall, I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars only because it's pretty hard to get the bees out of the hive (even for me) but I think a bigger/stronger (maybe more size appropriate) dog probably could. Mine will work at it some if the bee is already halfway out, but forget about it if it's all the way in there. Anyway, the squeakers are pretty loud (which my dogs love) and overall it's definitely worth the money for me. If you have a pet that just loves soft toys w/ squeakers you could probably just get the replacement bees and they'd be in heaven! I'd give the bees 5 stars for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lotsa fun for our Lab!, October 28, 2009
J. S. Thomas (Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
We've purchased hide-a-squirrel and hide-a-bee. Both products have provided hours of fun for our 11-mo-old Lab. He's a chewer, and the bees and hive have held up very well (going on two months now) despite regular play. I think the Hide-a-Bee hive is a little more durable than the "tree" from Hide-a-Squirrel, but both products are definitely keepers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Puppy play time galore!, December 24, 2008
The HIDE-A-BEE is our 9 month old Boxer/German shepherd puppy's absolute favorite toy! She took to it right away. Surprisingly, even though it is a plush toy she has not managed to destroy it yet. Normally she can destroy a plush toy in a matter of minutes. We play a supervised game with her where we take the bees and hide them behind our backs after she manages to get them out of the hive and plays with them for a few minutes. Then we put them back in and start the game again. The bees are surprisingly durable. Although one squeaker now does not work after hours and weeks of play, she still loves the toy and that particular bee. She loves to carry the entire hive, with bees or not, in her mouth all over the room. She loves to get that last bee out of the hive. This is a great product for fearful or special needs puppies. The mental stimulation brings out a new personality in the puppy we recently adopted. As an added plus, the bees look less like our cat than some of the other Hide-A-Toys so we have no fear of encouraging aggressive behavior towards our cat.

Most puppies would probably enjoy this toy but if you have adopted a fearful, anxious puppy like we do, do him/her and yourselves a favor --- try the HIDE-A-BEE. After all they might have been through before they got to your home, they deserve a treat like this toy!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of his favorites!, September 28, 2012
RR "SAHM" (Alexandria, VA) - See all my reviews
Length:: 0:20 Mins

When I pick up the hive and start to load the bees inside, my puppy starts to go berserk. He loves all of his Kyjen toys (check out the squeaky snake, too), but this one is his favorite...and there's a chance I might enjoy watching him play with this toy as much as he enjoys playing with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This toy is a hit!!, September 15, 2010
I highly recommend this toy! My 2 yorkies absolutley love playing with the bees and hive. We bought the squirrel tree house set two years ago and loved it, and the hide-a-bee set will no doubt provide them hours of fun! The one piece of advise I'd give is to purchase the "large" set for dogs over 6-ish pounds. We bought the "tiny" squirrel set and while it's OK, the "large" is even more perfect and worry-free.

5.0 out of 5 stars A doggy toy must!, November 7, 2010
My little over year old playful Lhasa Apso isn't really into puzzles... she's more of a fetch girl... but she just enjoy playing fetch with the bees and running down the hall with the hive. I don't know if her breed is nimble enough with their paws to use them. I did find a missing bee, in one of her favorite places. ;-) I think the fluttering wings and bright colors really are something she cannot resist. However, over time, I have noticed she has been having lots of fun with her hive... she has two Hide A Bees now! She actually stores food she does not want to eat in the hive when she doesn't feel like burying! And she just loves to charge down the hall giving the thrash of death to the beehive! Under $10? This is a doggy must. I can see her figuring out ways to use the toy time passes. Not looking forward to fishing out the food stored in the hive, but oh how we love them! And we thought it was rather clever she was in a rush, and saw the beehive hole and dropped her food in. Oh and a LARGE is a perfect size for a 13 pound dog. I just try to write reviews to help others make their decisions, I know I read em'. Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dog toy, April 7, 2008
ChristinaJoy "Christina" (Santa Barbara, CA United States) - See all my reviews
My two year old (read: high energy adolescent) German Shepherd can shred a normal toy within an hour. This Hide-A-Bee hive has lasted him since Christmas! The little bees only number one out of three now, but because I can buy replacements, that's OK. He loves this toy, and carries it around everywhere.

Rate and Discover Movies