Published on December 24, 2008 by D. Merrimon Crawford

Published on April 24, 2010 by HalfGeek

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best toys ever and a great aid for fearful, anxious puppies!, December 24, 2008
This review is from: Kyjen PP01073 I-Qube Dog Toy Puzzle Plush Interactive 5-Piece Squeaky Dog Toys, Large, Multicolor (Misc.)
Our 9 month old boxer mix puppy loves this toy. The product is more durable than many plush toys we have given her, especially the box. Although she has managed to split open a few of the balls, the box has endured lots of use with no signs of wear. We stuff treats and other toys in the plush box also to create more variety and fun. Our favorite game with her is to take the balls once she gets them out. It adds to the life of the toy but also keeps her excited. Once she removes them all, we stuff them back in the box and start all over. She loves this game. The toy maintains a high degree of interest even after playing with it for several rounds or several days in a row. The puppy we recently adopted is a special needs dog and is extremely fearful of everything due to a severe lack of socialization. The mental stimulation of this toy has been a real plus in allaying some of her free floating anxiety. Our puppy loves this toy and we love this toy for helping her come out of her shell more. I would recommend this toy very highly for any puppy but especially for anxious puppies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy, June 26, 2003
By A Customer
My dog absolutely loves this toy. It didn't take him long to figure out how to get the balls out of the cube and it never fails to excite him when they get put back in. The only drawback is that like any plush toy, this toy will wear down with a lot of chewing and use. However, I do think that it's held up well, considering the amount of use it's gotten.

1.0 out of 5 stars Puppy destroyed this in days, small plastic parts, dangerous as hell, April 24, 2010
HalfGeek (Washington, DC USA) - See all my reviews
My puppy is 3 pounds. She's not very destructive, and is rather small (Yorkie-Bichon mix). She destroyed these balls in a few days. What comes out of them is plastic-y cottony material that she can choke on, and even better, lots of small plastic parts that are perfect for choking her to death. I'm astounded that she was able to destroy this thing in a matter of days, and even more astounded that it's full of small plastic parts just the right size to kill her. I'm more than a bit ticked. Do not buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you only buy one toy for your dog..., October 14, 2004
This is absolutely, hands down, the best toy we've gotten for our dogs. We own three sets of these in varying sizes. Because the balls are plush, they will wear out- this is not for your destructive chewers. Our dog plays with the colored balls at least 3 hours a day. Before leaving for work, pop a couple of treats inside and you're out the door with less anxiety while they nose out the snacks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too hard, June 15, 2006
S Bailey (Centennial, CO) - See all my reviews
For a puzzle toy, my puppy figured this one out pretty quick. He immediately shoved his whole head in the box. The difficult part was figuring out how to shake it off.

The balls are his favorite part. He is happy playing with them regardless of the box. In fact, he seems to get irritated when the balls are put inside the box.

The squeaker inside the balls isn't very durable. After a few weeks of play, they have become warped and don't squeak very well anymore if at all. The fabric on the balls seems to be holding up well.

The fabric on the box is a different story. The side openings (where you shove the balls in) are almost completely destroyed. They don't hold up to puppy teeth very well.

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, June 13, 2010
I bought this toy for my cocker spaniel who is not destructive and has plush toys all over the house. In less than a day she had ripped one of the openings in the toy by shaking it trying to get the balls out (and ours only had 3 balls).Then her teeth easily punctured the balls exposing the squeaker. The store would not refund my money.
I have owned dogs my entire life (over 50 years) and run a dog rescue so I know a good toy and this one does not stand up to what I would call normal use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, December 2, 2008
Doggies (United States) - See all my reviews
My two dogs love this toy. You can stuff it with the toys it comes with or you can stuff other things into it. The more you stuff in the longer it takes for your dog to get it out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Great for Pugs, October 28, 2005
Gourmetgal (Chicago,IL USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased the IQube on the advice of our trainer. We have a 6 month old pug, who of course doesn't have a true snout. I gave him the toy and with in 10 minutes he gave up, because he couldn't get his mouth into the box to get the balls.

However, all was not lost. He loves the plush squeaky balls. We also take out the balls and hide pieces of biscuits inside of the box.

If you have a flat-faced dog (i.e. pug, bulldog), I would suggest just buying the replacement balls, which they just started sellling separately.

1.0 out of 5 stars easily destroyed, July 2, 2012
Though I thought is was a good idea, My dog ate part of the main part (the cube) apart within 10 minutes. The balls are still alive! But the cube part has been pulled apart and is now her tug o war toy. This is for a dog who does not destroy toy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but a little too easy., March 11, 2011
kerrydd (Stony Point, NY USA) - See all my reviews
My dog already had a similar toy (the platypus where the dog takes out the squeaking eggs). It took her a while to figure that one out, but she got the idea of this one almost immediately. I give it to her, she takes out all the balls...I try to stick them back in as fast as she takes them out, so the game lasts a while, and she enjoys it, but it requires my constant input. I'm thinking about stitching up a few of the openings, which might make it a little more challenging.

Rate and Discover Movies