4.0 out of 5 stars Great for stong, destructive dogs
Published on June 1, 2011 by Ellie Mavrakis

3.0 out of 5 stars If you have a chewer, beware
My dog was so into the multiple squeakers in this mat that she ripped it apart. We did get about a month's worth of use before she totally destroyed it, though.
Published on August 21, 2011 by Holly Herbert

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for stong, destructive dogs, June 1, 2011
This review is from: Kyjen PP01379 Squeaker Mat Squirrel 16-Squeaker Plush Squeak Toy Dog Toys, Squirrel, Large (Misc.)
I have two pitbulls - 70 and 50 lbs - who rip through stuffed animals like there is no tommorow. Anything that is plush and squeaks usually lasts about 10 minutes in our house and their toy bin is basically full of unstuffed carcasses. These squeaker mats though lasted weeks. There is little actual stuffing in them its basically a ton of seams and lots of squeakers - If you have strong dogs, this is the toy for you, even after the squeakers are gone they hold up pretty well as pull toys - I have 4 or 5 of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog loves it!, February 11, 2010
Vanessa (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
The toy is smaller than I thought it would be but it is a great size for my dog. The head rattles so he likes to hold it in his mouth and shake his head. Needless to say, he LOVES all of the squeakers. Typically squeakers are squeaked out in a matter of moments but it took him quite a while to get to all of these squeakers (I think a couple might still work).

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite toy, December 8, 2009
My Yorkie really LOVES this toy! Keeps her occupied for long periods of time. I have purchased several more of these toys for her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can be expensive but they are one of the favorites!, October 21, 2011
Purpledog (Northeast USA) - See all my reviews
My photos pretty much say it all. I have 6 Greyhounds: 3 gals and 3 guys. All are special-needs rescues. My oldest boy (and also my largest boy) doesn't play often or even move around much. He has chronic deeply imbedded corns in his front toe pads on both feet that are surgically excised every 3-4 months since the day I brought him into my home. The corns keep growing back so just standing is painful. (Imagine walking your entire life with a small pebble in your shoe - that is what he experiences all the time so he spends a good deal of his time on the floor/bed). Walking is torture whether the corns are growing, or he is healing from the surgery. By the time his bandages come off, the corns are back. In any event, this boy weighs in at 80+ lbs and is a very tall Greyhound. He's also very muscular as Greyhounds are. To find him with a toy of any kind is unusual because he just can't romp and play and toss it around because of his painful feet. To find him with a toy he doesn't want me to move or take, even to take a photo, well - that just has never happened before. I can do anything to this boy and he'll let me but he wouldn't let me move this toy to take the photos so I had to work around that.

I bought this Kyjen 'squirrel' toy a few days ago and it arrived yesterday. Because of the cost, I bought only 1 (vs normally buying 6 of everything) to see if any of them would like Mr. Fox. (I think it resembles a fox more than a squirrel. Additionally my 'kids' know their toys by the names I give them and we already have 'Squirrelly' as you'll see in the photo so we can't cause confusion now, can we? After all, when I say, "go get Squirrelly and bring him in", they have to know which 'baby' I'm referring to.) No one else has had a chance to even be introduced to Mr. Fox because this boy won't let him out of his sight. Mr. Fox gets carried to my bed, into any of the 11 King-sized vari-kennels located throughout the house. He goes outside in the daylight and in the darkness of night but never gets set down for fear of him being dognapped! Mr. Fox gets carried to this boy's feeding station at mealtime and sits on the floor to catch any crumbs (not likely!) and then when mealtime is over, they both ask to be excused and leave the kitchen together, usually tail in mouth. (That's Mr. Fox's tail in Sammy-Sam's mouth just to be clear. I honestly don't think it would be possible for Mr. Fox to carry Sammy-Sam). :)

My other 5 Greys (including my two oldest geriatric gals) have all attempted to initiate play under the guise of making Sammy-Sam forget Mr. Fox so they can swoop in & steal Mr. Fox for a while, but none have been successful. And this morning I found Mr. Fox in my bed and Sammy-Sam on my bed. How this thing got under the covers is beyond me. When I went to sleep last night, both of them had crashed in a crate. Sneaky little things, the two of them.

So, take a peek at my photos. I tried to give you a point of reference so if you're familiar with dog toys you'll recognize the AKC plush toys I used as references. In one photo you'll see the AKC squirrel and bunny (both the large-sized AKC toys)adjacent to Mr. Fox. Keep in mind that in the photo, 'Bunny' doesn't have any stuffing left in her body - just her head and feet so she may not look like she is supposed to look.

I guess this toy is a hit, at least with Sammy-Sam. If he ever decides to share with the others I'll be back to edit this review (and maybe spend money on a few more). He's not playing much with the squeakers although there are plenty to squeak. He more enjoys the softness and plushness on which to rest his large chin and throat, or to fall asleep while cuddling with Mr. Fox. I'd also like to note that the eyes are not hard button eyes. They resemble a well-made/thick arm patch (think Girl Scout badge) and are sewn (not glued) to the face in one piece. The nose is a sturdy/thick pompom - not skimpy so it isn't going to be easily pulled apart into little threads of yarn. That, too, is sewn into place. His teeth (buck teeth at that - remember, he's suppose to be a squirrel) is a piece of thick felt sewn to the mouth). But when he's on the floor, you can't see his mouth anyway so I'm pretty sure for all time he's going to be known as Mr. Fox in our house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adipose Approved, November 30, 2013
Length:: 1:05 Mins

My pup (Adipose) loves her Squirrel Squeaker Mat. She's a 14-month-old 35-40 lb Siberian Husky. For the most part the mat is in one piece (its nose is missing, but there wasn't much stuffing to rip from its snout). She LOVES Squeakers, and there is a lot of squeakiness going on in this toy. Great puppy fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love those squeakers!, May 10, 2011
My dog loves all of the squeakers in this toy. It is durable and I throw it in the washer and dryer when she leaves it outside. Lasts a long time--great toy.

4.0 out of 5 stars My dog ignores me now, July 23, 2010
My dog loves toy squirrels, and this is no exception. The multiple squeakers drive him crazy! We've been playing tug-of-war ever since he got it! Now if he'd only spend more time with me than the squirrel.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Puppy Loves It, August 20, 2013
I'm currently crate training my puppy (who will grow into a medium to large sized dog). I wanted something that she could both play with & snuggle. I put it in her crate with her & it immediately made a difference! She hardly barks or whines now. She lies on it & so far hasn't destroyed it; she just pulled out some of the fur on the tail. It has become her snuggle buddy/litter mate/toy all in one. I'm thrilled that something so simple could make her so much happier. If she's happy, I'm happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars A beagle favorite!, May 13, 2012
Our 3 year old beagle fell in love with this squirrel immediately! She loves the squeakers all over it. She will fling it all over while it's in her mouth, and it's none worse for the wear.

The tail did finally come off after a couple of months, but that was due to chewing on/near the tail, not by flinging it. She will fetch it, snuggle with it, or play with it.

Most toys last less time than a cowboy's rodeo ride; this is the rare exception, and we'll be getting more. Definitely worth the $$.

See my other reviews for more beagle toy reviews!

5.0 out of 5 stars tough toy!, December 7, 2011
I have a six month old lab/pit mix that destroys everything within mins, this has lasted several weeks now, none of the squeakers have stopped working and he adores this toy, throws it, shakes it, chews it, great buy and will buy another when it finally dies.

Rate and Discover Movies